Honestly I blame Joe Marino

Sharky7337

40 minutes ago, Sharky7337 said:

And the rest of the Bills media who spouted the same false narratives that has everyone all up in arms.

And honestly no offense to Joe but I have heard enough Hope-ium laced podcasts and episodes devoted to players that are not that good but touted as great (Edmunds cough)

Over the top yes, it is a bit. But hear me out.

I mean it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone our WR room is a weakness.

But the first two weeks we won 2 games and then they started spewing the off-season garbage

The narrative:

"everybody eats"

The truth:

We don't have a number one. 

And then the ravens game leading up they came up with narrative number 2:

The narrative:

"Bad matchup"

And stuck with that after.

The truth:

If you don't have a plan to defend against the team who was the number one seed the year before on your conference, your probably not doing your job right. All the injuries aside.

The truth is our defense was exposed as what it has historically been, bad tackling and soft.

Then we have to hear podcasts and coverage about how great mack hollins looks and what a good team mate and blocker he is. Sounds familiar?

Just another narrative. Then in games he's garbage, as expected. I mean Josh is not absolved of his role in a bad performance, but please someone get this guy off the field.

Our media needs to stop selling the fans narratives to appease McDermott and sell their credibility for team access.

Fans shouldn't be blowing up and melting down on the board after this loss. This was going to be a tougher year for us.

They just sold you narratives and gave you hope. 

They should be asking tough questions about the numerous times we have choked away games and decision making.

Fire Marino!

• Haha (+1) 2

I agree it’s Joe Marinos fault.  It’s.clear as day nice job articulating the facts.  It’s just like birds not being real.  Everyone thinks they are but then there is the guy or small group who cracked it. They are made by the CIA and charge on the power lines.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I agree it’s Joe Marinos fault.  It’s.clear as day nice job articulating the facts.  It’s just like birds not being real.  Everyone thinks they are but then there is the guy or small group who cracked it. They are made by the CIA and charge on the power lines.  

I mean I've never seen a baby bird and nobody else I know has either

8 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

We played an absolutely terrible game of football in the first half, played about 50% of what we had shown we were capable of weeks 1-3 and managed to out score our opponent 17-6 in the 2nd half.

The sky isn’t falling, we don’t suck. A young team is learning. 

Go read a book, watch a movie, or push a kid off a bicycle. Literally just do anything that gets you off of here for a week. 

Unfortunately that is becoming recurring theme. Start slow then try to make come back. Team needs to get off to better start as it is clear defense is going to give yards if not coming up with turnovers. Pop gun offense needs to find ways to put up points early.

19 minutes ago, JGMcD2 said:

We played an absolutely terrible game of football in the first half, played about 50% of what we had shown we were capable of weeks 1-3 and managed to out score our opponent 17-6 in the 2nd half.

The sky isn’t falling, we don’t suck. A young team is learning. 

Go read a book, watch a movie, or push a kid off a bicycle. Literally just do anything that gets you off of here for a week. 

We’re going to win the division and hopefully go on a playoff run. 

Buffalo sports fans are wound too tight. Too much attachment and identity tied to the team. Symptom of big time sports in a small time city. 

I decided I won’t be down after any loss this year. Even if we get blown out 50-0 on prime time and miss the playoffs. I’m going to joke about it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, <bills4life> said:

Thank you!! U r so spot on.  So sick of the bills stupid little catch phrases every year. It’s like ea sports marketing their madden game.

Sick of the changing offensive MO every season when we've been releasing offensively throughout McD's watch.

5 minutes ago, ToGoGo said:

We’re going to win the division and hopefully go on a playoff run. 

Buffalo sports fans are wound too tight. Too much attachment and identity tied to the team. Symptom of big time sports in a small time city. 

I decided I won’t be down after any loss this year. Even if we get blown out 50-0 on prime time and miss the playoffs. I’m going to joke about it. 

OMG! OMG! OMG! 

The Cardinals just beat the NFC favorite 49ers!!! The folks in this thread can take a half-step back from the ledge they’re standing on. 

Just now, JGMcD2 said:

OMG! OMG! OMG! 

The Cardinals just beat the NFC favorite 49ers!!! The folks in this thread can take a half-step back from the ledge they’re standing on. 

Peyton and Eli. Same number of rings. 

One was wound too tight and kept losing to Brady when it counted. The other seemed to sort of care about winning and had all the miraculous breaks go his way. 

Just saying. 

Um there have been a significant and vocal minority on here that have wanted a coaching change for years. 

The problem is Hamlin died and basically McD got a pass after the Bengals loss. Then he gets the injury excuse last year even though he was terrible last year and barely made the playoffs. Our only hope is what none of us want. An epic collapse and losing year. Even then he might still not be fired. So we are in HC purgatory.  

And there has been a much smaller but still vocal minority that don't buy into Beane's infallibility. Me and a few others called this WR group terrible after the draft and the Diggs trade. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Sharky7337 said:

And the rest of the Bills media who spouted the same false narratives that has everyone all up in arms.

And honestly no offense to Joe but I have heard enough Hope-ium laced podcasts and episodes devoted to players that are not that good but touted as great (Edmunds cough)

Over the top yes, it is a bit. But hear me out.

I mean it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone our WR room is a weakness.

But the first two weeks we won 2 games and then they started spewing the off-season garbage

The narrative:

"everybody eats"

The truth:

We don't have a number one. 

And then the ravens game leading up they came up with narrative number 2:

The narrative:

"Bad matchup"

And stuck with that after.

The truth:

If you don't have a plan to defend against the team who was the number one seed the year before on your conference, your probably not doing your job right. All the injuries aside.

The truth is our defense was exposed as what it has historically been, bad tackling and soft.

Then we have to hear podcasts and coverage about how great mack hollins looks and what a good team mate and blocker he is. Sounds familiar?

Just another narrative. Then in games he's garbage, as expected. I mean Josh is not absolved of his role in a bad performance, but please someone get this guy off the field.

Our media needs to stop selling the fans narratives to appease McDermott and sell their credibility for team access.

Fans shouldn't be blowing up and melting down on the board after this loss. This was going to be a tougher year for us.

They just sold you narratives and gave you hope. 

They should be asking tough questions about the numerous times we have choked away games and decision making.

This is actually a really refreshing take,  I appreciate it. Hopefully some media members notice and start criticizing beane and McDermott more.

56 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Didn’t read the thread, but I already know this guy gets it… :beer: