Dawson Knox: 3 receptions in 5 games. $8.5M salary.

Einstein

given how awful the play of the OL is we absolutely need knox in there.  in fact if all we're going to do is run the ball and pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage why not just have 4 TEs in.  QB/RB, 5xOL, 4xTE.  It's the perfect formation to run the ball all day long which is what McD dreams of

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/6/2024 at 5:36 PM, Einstein said:

He is on pace for 10 total receptions this year. Thoughts on his usage in Brady’s system of small ball?

This is what i've been talking about . Brady has other talented players on the roster that have proven that they can be a asset but doesn't use them ! Last season Ty Johnson was a stud in this offense yet Brady continues to use Davis the rookie over a proven player WHY ???

Knox can be a weapon he's proven that, but again he's not part of the plan WHY ?? Gilliam & Q. Morris have proven that they have really good hands but where have they been in this offense ??? No let's keep Hollins out there so he can continue to drop balls or not be fast enough to run under a long ball & catch them when needed .

Valdez Scantling was brought in because of his speed which i thought he would be used to take the top off the oppositions D to possibly open up the underneath passing game & running game while doing so, and how many balls have been thrown his way ?

Add up all of those salaries too because this is not just a Knox thing, this is a Brady thing not scheming the talent he has on his roster . If you add to that Hollins has more drops than he has catches, all while Shavers has been in this offense for 2 years & isn't being brought up from the PS and those they let go this year that were on the PS last season the kid from Fl. a WR that never saw the field .

So are they going to do the same thing they've done in the past and keep them shelved or cut them only to let another team poach them to find out that he too could be a welcome addition to the offense and quite possibly better than those they kept ?

I do not understand keeping someone on the active roster that is not producing when given the opportunity, if they have had the opportunity & have not produced then bring up another player and at the very least give them a chance to see if they will contribute more to the team when those opportunities come to them .

I 100% believe his usage is because they want to use him as a trade chip so they are trying to keep him healthy. The only way they are grabbing a non rental WR from someone is if the Bills give them back a weapon of some sort. 

• Disagree 1

On 10/7/2024 at 6:36 AM, Einstein said:

He is on pace for 10 total receptions this year. Thoughts on his usage in Brady’s system of small ball?

It's early. So far, it's really that simple.

Last year after week 6, Shakir had four receptions for 40 yards. Then he had a good year.

Will this continue to be a problem? Dunno, nobody does, but if it still looks this way late in the season it won't be good.

7 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

…and they ran over Samuel who was walking in the middle of the road wondering what he is doing here. 

While diggs is laughing somewhere in the comfort of his own home  - watching the live stream of this via drone feed 

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

I 100% believe his usage is because they want to use him as a trade chip so they are trying to keep him healthy. The only way they are grabbing a non rental WR from someone is if the Bills give them back a weapon of some sort. 

Interesting 

1 hour ago, Locomark said:

I pray this is the case…👍

9 hours ago, dorquemada said:

given how awful the play of the OL is we absolutely need knox in there.  in fact if all we're going to do is run the ball and pass 5 yards behind the line of scrimmage why not just have 4 TEs in.  QB/RB, 5xOL, 4xTE.  It's the perfect formation to run the ball all day long which is what McD dreams of

The Chiefs used it last night and it sort of worked.

On 10/6/2024 at 5:53 PM, DJB said:

He’s garbage and useless. I remember when posters on here told me I was dumb for saying he was massively overpaid 

The one year he had 8 TD's which tied for the league leaders at TE and people literally thought he was a top TE because of that.   WHen you pointed out catches and yards you got the "the point is to score TD's and he is the best at that"  LOL

1 hour ago, Matt_In_NH said:

The one year he had 8 TD's which tied for the league leaders at TE and people literally thought he was a top TE because of that.   WHen you pointed out catches and yards you got the "the point is to score TD's and he is the best at that"  LOL

I love how people make up conversations and then make fun of the fictional person who is disagreeing in the writer's own imagination.

People weren't saying what you're pretending they did. They were mostly correcting the folks like you who would only talk about yards and catches, going out of their way not to mention TDs. They were pointing out that TDs are a part of the equation too, and an important part. Which was, and is, very true. But there's more, there's yards, there's completions, there's targets, there's blocking, route-running, etc.

Few if any were calling him a "top TE," at that time, though many probably thought he might have the potential to get there if he kept improving.

It was only after that contract that they had the chance to bring in Kincaid, who has greatly cut into Knox's usage.

Edited by Thurman#1

On 10/6/2024 at 4:42 PM, Billsflyer12 said:

Yet another example of this owner, GM, HC, and QB caring more for having a team of nice guys that all get along, then one actually trying to win championships.

Are you saying that we should've kept Diggs?

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

I love how people make up conversations and then make fun of the fictional person who is disagreeing in the writer's own imagination.

People weren't saying what you're pretending they did. They were mostly correcting the folks like you who would only talk about yards and catches, going out of their way not to mention TDs. They were pointing out that TDs are a part of the equation too, and an important part. Which was, and is, very true. But there's more, there's yards, there's completions, there's targets, there's blocking, route-running, etc.

Few if any were calling him a "top TE," at that time, though many probably thought he might have the potential to get there if he kept improving.

It was only after that contract that they had the chance to bring in Kincaid, who has greatly cut into Knox's usage.

You read all threads and responses and know I made that up?   Ok buddy. 

1 hour ago, Thurman#1 said:

you badly misremember the conversation around Knox

'top TE' was a description thrown around liberally here

again...some cautioned he's always been a bad player