Dawson Knox: 3 receptions in 5 games. $8.5M salary.

Einstein

4 hours ago, MWK said:

The Bills podcasts are right! Big Baller Beane will save us! Just wait for the Rousseau overpay. Those podcasts offer nothing besides “analysis,” which is just praise for everything Beane and McDermott do.

They do it because they are not allowed to criticize the Bills or risk getting their credentials revoked. And wish I was lying. 

look at what this ownership did with the Sabres. All bloggers/podcasts got their credentials revoked because the message couldn’t be controlled. They have team run media and one or two outlets they can influence. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Einstein said:

Scheming people open appears to have left with Daboll.

Sometimes I daydream of that 2020 season where we seemingly had open WR’s running everywhere.

I loved that season.

It might have something to do wiht the WRs being named Diggs, Davis, Beasley and Sanders.   We definitely are winning yesterday if we had Davis and Diggs.

• Agree 1

11 hours ago, bobobonators said:

It’s disappointing how we have so much invested in TE with Kincaid (draft capital) and Knox (salary) and we get absolutely no production out of them. 

I honestly don’t get it. Are we unable to scheme Kincaid open? It’s inexcusable. 

They schemed him open for a probable long td yesterday but Allen underthrew it.

But he's good at Catan, just not good enough to beat Josh consistently...so we like him.

Oh, and he also has a Fisher Price Little People Dawson Knox and some local TV commercials.

He's got to stay.

• Like (+1) 1

Noah Gray would be the comp on the Chiefs. He makes 6 million a year. So it's not that egregious with Knox. 

But I agree that we don't need two highly paid TEs, so it will come down to a choice.

If Kincaid develops (TE's usually take a few years to hit their prime) as we hope, Knox won't be here after next season. 

• Like (+1) 1

he has obvious limitations, but how this team just cannot drive block out of 12 line ups and find space for easy quick hitter passes w two TEs is shocking.  the chiefs pick up 2nd and 3rd with 4 or less with plays like that (and not just to travis) very regularly.  nice easy plays.

our O is supposed to be an EP concept, but way more often than not it's just about running out a bunch of guys and hoping allen buys time to find them.  

• Agree 1

I wonder how much the situation with his brother played into giving him the contract on top of his play? Rewarding a decent home grown player that his teammates and coaches liked. 

Dawson performed well prior to Kincaid getting drafted and playing well. Can’t fault them for dishing out the contract. 

• Like (+1) 2

He was an effective player, 9TDs in 2021 and 6 TDS in 2022.  They reward him justifiably with a new contract then oddly they draft another TE and run schemes that he is just a blocker?  which is just plain idiotic. If you are going to pay him then use him as he was used in 2021. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 10/6/2024 at 5:36 PM, Einstein said:

He is on pace for 10 total receptions this year. Thoughts on his usage in Brady’s system of small ball?

my thoughts are that while we may not have the greatest talent, we do have talent that isn’t being used. Knox has produced in the past. 

Last night I watched the Chiefs regularly put 4 TE's on the field. A few times they lined 3 TE's out wide.  They saw mixed results but I loved the idea that they decided their TE's were better then their WR's in some situations.

So I ask the question, if Shakir is out again why wouldn't the Bills consider 4 TE's (Kincaid, Knox, Morris & Gillam).  

On 10/6/2024 at 5:48 PM, Mikie2times said:

4 years at 52 million. Is it the end of the world to sign some of our guys after the contract runs out? It helps us get a feel for market value and gives us more time to find out if they have a serious injury or if they still fit in future plans. Beane needs to look at waiting as an investment in more information. Instead he tries to sign everybody early so it's cheaper vs a higher cap but when you do that your risk becomes dead cap hit from decisions made with less information. 

Hindsight is 20/20.

5 minutes ago, Savage said:

Hindsight is 20/20.

It's really not with this topic. It's a strategy we have been using for some time. If it was that effective of a strategy everybody would be doing it. But a ton of teams don't because they know players get injured. 

On 10/7/2024 at 2:44 AM, dave mcbride said:

They schemed him open for a probable long td yesterday but Allen underthrew it.

im back and forth on this play tbh

not that it wasn't an underthrow- im just wondering if a more seasoned TE like say Kittle doesn't recognize the leverage and try to stack Al-Shaiir around the 45

dunno...kincaid's tape is not impressive thus far to me

On 10/6/2024 at 2:49 PM, Buddy Hix said:

But all the Bills podcasts said it was a great deal, just like the Miller, Diggs and Bass deals. Beane’s a genius.

....don't forget Epenesa and yes Groot (2 great games a year) Rousseau will be next. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1