Dawson Knox: 3 receptions in 5 games. $8.5M salary.

Einstein

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I thought his contract would only make sense if his usage increased and he maintained his TD production.

Then Beane drafted Kincaid in the 1st and Knox has become an afterthought. 

Paying Knox and then immediately drafting his replacement was such a horrible use of resources by Beane. 

I like the idea of having 2 quality TE sets, however, if our OC doesn't know how to use them, then they are both wasted. I can picture the plays we should be running with them and i see very little play design for even one of them, let alone two.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Thank goodness we drafted Kincaid .................. tearing it up with his 2 catches.

After being hopeful last year and working through the countless short air yards…I really don’t know how anyone can see his production this far and think “elite talent”

maybe it’s situational but I just don’t see it. 

I appreciate the concept of 12 personnel, but you have to throw it to Knox occasionally. They got him a few nice looks the first game, but nothing schemed for him since, it seems. I don't know what's going to with Brady's O, but teams seemed to have figured it out quickly. Josh does not look comfortable, especially when the pressure comes.

Trading up for Kincaid (giving up a 4th) after Knox had just signed that extension seems like a mistake in hindsight. They could have gotten a guy like Josh Downs later, as a better underneath option

It’s disappointing how we have so much invested in TE with Kincaid (draft capital) and Knox (salary) and we get absolutely no production out of them. 

I honestly don’t get it. Are we unable to scheme Kincaid open? It’s inexcusable. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Too be fair A LOT of users on this board liked this deal. I remember it was like 3-4 pages long before another guy and myself said it was God Awful and they overpaid for the big TD season. 

3 hours ago, DJB said:

He’s garbage and useless. I remember when posters on here told me I was dumb for saying he was massively overpaid 

Well unless you were psychic and knew we were gonna draft a TE in the first round then yeah you were dumb

41 minutes ago, Sweats said:

I like the idea of having 2 quality TE sets, however, if our OC doesn't know how to use them, then they are both wasted. I can picture the plays we should be running with them and i see very little play design for even one of them, let alone two.

We can't even get 1 TE going, much less 2

3 hours ago, Bangarang said:

I thought his contract would only make sense if his usage increased and he maintained his TD production.

Then Beane drafted Kincaid in the 1st and Knox has become an afterthought. 

Paying Knox and then immediately drafting his replacement was such a horrible use of resources by Beane. 

or by our coaches. 

either way we are not getting the value of a 1st, and a $13m/TE

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

It’s disappointing how we have so much invested in TE with Kincaid (draft capital) and Knox (salary) and we get absolutely no production out of them. 

I honestly don’t get it. Are we unable to scheme Kincaid open? It’s inexcusable. 

Scheming people open appears to have left with Daboll.

Sometimes I daydream of that 2020 season where we seemingly had open WR’s running everywhere.

I loved that season.

2 hours ago, Billsflyer12 said:

Yet another example of this owner, GM, HC, and QB caring more for having a team of nice guys that all get along, then one actually trying to win championships.

Yup, I'm convinced these guys just aren't that interested winning it all.  Go through the motions. Win your 10-11 games every year. The fans will adore you for the entertainment value. Do bother getting caught up in SB's.  Those are for real organizations.