Dawson Knox: 3 receptions in 5 games. $8.5M salary.

Einstein

21 minutes ago, Einstein said:

He is on pace for 10 total receptions this year. Thoughts on his usage in Brady’s system of small ball?

Another one of beane is a wizard great resignings.  And yet people will cry we just didn’t have the money to get players. Well who is the individual creating the cap mess? 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

4 years at 52 million. Is it the end of the world to sign some of our guys after the contract runs out? It helps us get a feel for market value and gives us more time to find out if they have a serious injury or if they still fit in future plans. Beane needs to look at waiting as an investment in more information. Instead he tries to sign everybody early so it's cheaper vs a higher cap but when you do that your risk becomes dead cap hit from decisions made with less information. 

Cheifs win superbowls, have an expensive QB, but we are in "cap hell" for the exact reason you stated. But "wizard"

• Thank you (+1) 1

Kincaid and Knox are redundant players. Kincaid made a bad block on that Samuel screen, Knox can make those sometimes, but you can’t get production out of both. We played with 6 OL and Knox a lot, didn’t even pass to him. It’s a bad offense

21 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

4 years at 52 million. Is it the end of the world to sign some of our guys after the contract runs out? It helps us get a feel for market value and gives us more time to find out if they have a serious injury or if they still fit in future plans. Beane needs to look at waiting as an investment in more information. Instead he tries to sign everybody early so it's cheaper vs a higher cap but when you do that your risk becomes dead cap hit from decisions made with less information. 

Agreed. Unless the guy is a stud and you are hoping to get him on a better deal earlier, should just wait these mid-level guys out.

17 minutes ago, mrags said:

Fwiw the OL is a sieve because we have absolutely no weapons on offense catching the ball, so defenses are teeing off on our barely average OL. Because they are not scared of the 4 yard dink and dunk offense that we trot out there every week. 

Not only is this O ineffective, it's boring to watch.  How do we have the best qb we've had in 30 years and we're play Jauronball I honestly hate it.  It's rather see them crash and burn the rest of the season so maybe we could get a coach versed in modern NFL football and maybe a GM that would stop the too clever by half drafts. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, dorquemada said:

Not only is this O ineffective, it's boring to watch.  How do we have the best qb we've had in 30 years and we're play Jauronball I honestly hate it.  It's rather see them crash and burn the rest of the season so maybe we could get a coach versed in modern NFL football and maybe a GM that would stop the too clever by half drafts. 

This is where I’ve been since last year. I started to hate this coach and parts of this team since 13 seconds. But then it just got worse. Last year was brutal and completely flipped me to the dark side. 

here I am watching Daniel freaking Jones actually throw some nice balls downfield. Really wish we still had Daboll. These coordinators are yea men and are doing McClappys bidding. Until that changes, we won’t ever win it all or be good enough to win it all. And if that’s the way we’re going, what are we doing here? Just fire everyone and rinse this crap covered plate clean. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I thought his contract would only make sense if his usage increased and he maintained his TD production.

Then Beane drafted Kincaid in the 1st and Knox has become an afterthought. 

Paying Knox and then immediately drafting his replacement was such a horrible use of resources by Beane. 

Why can’t we have two TEs that produce? Knox predated Kincaid, shouldn’t the savvy vet be the one who is putting up the numbers?

40 minutes ago, Jukester said:

At the time it wasnt a bad idea.  Where it went wrong was when they drafted Kincaid.  I was very wary of how both would coexist as pass catching tight ends. Horribly planned. Should’ve traded Knox right away. Paying the price now, literally. 

I thought we would've done what NE did with Gronkowski and Hernandez, which was wildly successful before the whole murder thing.

42 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

I thought his contract would only make sense if his usage increased and he maintained his TD production.

Then Beane drafted Kincaid in the 1st and Knox has become an afterthought. 

Paying Knox and then immediately drafting his replacement was such a horrible use of resources by Beane. 

Agree. Its the combination for me. If they were thinking they might draft a tight end in the 1st round it was a stupid extension. Personally I'd have extended Knox and found a way to trade up for Jordan Addison. And I said that at the time too. We can barely use one tight end let alone two.

• Like (+1) 3

59 minutes ago, MWK said:

The Bills podcasts are right! Big Baller Beane will save us! Just wait for the Rousseau overpay. Those podcasts offer nothing besides “analysis,” which is just praise for everything Beane and McDermott do.

I’ll wait to hear what Steve Tasker, Chris Brown, and Maddy Glab say before I formulate my decision!!!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

knox is a below replacement level TE being paid like a top 5-10 guy.

kinkaid had a great rookie year and has fallen off so far this season.  

there is something very broken with who beane brings in and what the team does with them.

toohill getting extensive burn, hines never getting burn after an expensive trade, all these picks and contracts for DL and them being "kept fresh" in big downs.  rotating the TEs in and out, and the goofy stuff we do lining up w the WRs and benching cook when he's fresh, it's all a disaster and i think it tips our tendencies horribly.

I expect Knox to be replaced next year. He took a pay cut to save himself this year but there is really no need for him on this roster if he is just a blocker. We can get that out of a mid round draft pick for much cheaper.