How was Josh able to finish the game with a concussion?

8 hours ago, 34-78-83 said:

Oh hmm I guess my bad then. I was told by medical people I know that many who get knocked out do not exhibit any signs of a concussion, and thus are not diagnosed with one.

I’ve been knocked out numerous times in my youth as a boxer and was never concussed but that’s because I was usually taking shots to the chin. You hit the back/side of your head like that on the ground and you’re definitely getting concussed. Back of the head punches are illegal in boxing probably for that reason.

Edited by Governor
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, first_and_ten said:

You're right, he seemed to be out cold for a couple seconds. He never should have finished that game, and shame on McDermott for letting him go back in. McDermott was negligent, and should be disciplined by the league. He messed with out franchise by putting Josh back in. 

It's entirely possible that McDermott did not know that Allen was out for a couple seconds.

2 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

Dolphins media eating this up.

I never understood hypocrisy allegations because doesn’t that mean they’re hypocrites too by definition? 🤣 if they think Allen should’ve been pulled in this one, isn’t their one win against Buffalo in the last whole bunch of years invalid?

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I never understood hypocrisy allegations because doesn’t that mean they’re hypocrites too by definition? 😂

The whole video is quite amusing. Dude thinks he uncovered some major scandal. End of the day doctors cleared him. If they lied or didn’t do their jobs there is supposed to be independent personnel looking out for the player. 

4 minutes ago, billieve420 said:

The whole video is quite amusing. Dude thinks he uncovered some major scandal. End of the day doctors cleared him. If they lied or didn’t do their jobs there is supposed to be independent personnel looking out for the player. 

Which is exactly what the dolphins said in the same situation despite their qb not even being able to jog without falling over 😂

• Like (+1) 1

I mean, the whole thing is a joke anyway. I don’t think any of us should go out on a limb defending the league, protocols, or these independent doctors in these situations. It’s all setup that way to escape accountability. It is what it is.

• Like (+1) 2

13 hours ago, The Cincinnati Kid said:

This is not true. I got knocked out after a helmet to helmet hit and crumpled to the turf. Woke up with the training staff around me. No concussion. My brother is on this board and was the water boy that day. He’ll verify.

Fair.  Not likely generally, but possible.  I didn't realize that until now.  

15 hours ago, Doc said:

No need to ask him what he meant?  OK.

I have a little more faith in the Bills than to let their franchise QB continue to play if he suffered a concussion, much less was rendered unconscious by it.  Much less put him out there for the post game presser.

You have faith in an NFL franchise to deal with a possible head injury?  Cool.  We agree to disagree on that item.  I get what you're saying though.

7 hours ago, Governor said:

What does a concussed person sound like? Do you turn into Sloth from Goonies?

goonies hey you guys GIF

Yeah, pretty much......enough hits and you start to look like him too......i'm not that far off at this point.

15 hours ago, Big Turk said:

Well he had to be cleared by both an independent neurologist and team doctors and the fact it was done so quickly makes it pretty clear he wants concussed.

Didn't seem concussed post game in the interview either.

he was evaluated by an independent neurologist??  when?

13 hours ago, Doc said:

Speaking of Rapp, remember when McD put him back into the Ravens game after he suffered a concussion?  Yeah, neither do I...

addition by subtraction.

6 hours ago, CoudyBills said:

You have faith in an NFL franchise to deal with a possible head injury?  Cool.  We agree to disagree on that item.  I get what you're saying though.

In general?  No.  The Bills?  Yes.

14 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I never understood hypocrisy allegations because doesn’t that mean they’re hypocrites too by definition? 🤣 if they think Allen should’ve been pulled in this one, isn’t their one win against Buffalo in the last whole bunch of years invalid?

That was a back injury though 🙄

• Haha (+1) 1