How was Josh able to finish the game with a concussion?

11 minutes ago, Doc said:

Like I said, if they didn't trot him out for the post-game presser, I'd agree with him.  The other thing I don't understand is what has McD ever done in the past to think that he'd intentionally put an injured/concussed player back out on the field?

This would make sense if the injury didn’t change from his “chest” to his “ankle”

everyone saw it. You don’t lay face down motionless with your arms limp and rolling around because you hurt your ankle chest. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It was pretty clear that when his head hit the ground on the sack he got a concussion. 

It's the NFLs concussion protocol a joke ?

Notably Allen was 0-5 passing after his head bounced off the turf. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CountDorkula said:

This would make sense if the injury didn’t change from his “chest” to his “ankle”

everyone saw it. You don’t lay face down motionless with your arms limp and rolling around because you hurt your ankle chest. 

In his post-game presser he said "big shot to the chest" and "rolled my ankle."

After the incident he walked-off on his own to the sideline as if nothing happened, waved off smelling salts and did a 3-1/2 minute post-game press conference under bright lights. 

6 minutes ago, Lost said:

The fact that he went back in the game is an utter disgrace for the national football league.

He has a probable hall of fame career ahead of him…. who cares about this game in the long run?

Who is the neurologist who cleared him? 
Who is evaluating this neurologist?

Is there any doctor who doesn’t think he had a concussion.

This is dark and disturbing. Feels like  the Bills are entering a new Dark Age. 

Bring in a new coaching staff now.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

He was cleared.  Clearly it wasn't a concussion. 

Claiming he was knocked out is speculation and even if he was it doesn't mean he has a concussion. 

He can get knocked out briefly and not suffer a concussion. 

Furthermore, hitting your head on the ground doesn't mean you automatically have a concussion either. 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

The fact that he went back in the game is an utter disgrace for the national football league.

He has a probable hall of fame career ahead of him…. who cares about this game in the long run?

if he was lucid, what would a neurologist see? Not sure whoever would have been looking at him would have seen the footage from CBS. In fact, how much did CBS show or talk about in the first place? I wasn't really paying attention to the game, but I had it on, and did not realize or think anything was going on there. 

12 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

I’ve said for a whole that this team should keep McD. But similarly to McDaniels, I think this is a fireable offense for any HC to happen on their watch. Direct over site or not. It doesn’t matter. 

4 minutes ago, Man with No Name said:

if he was lucid, what would a neurologist see? Not sure whoever would have been looking at him would have seen the footage from CBS. In fact, how much did CBS show or talk about in the first place? I wasn't really paying attention to the game, but I had it on, and did not realize or think anything was going on there. 

Reading between the lines, I think there’s some implication that Allen did not see the independent neuro. 

(Also the NFL’s concussion protocol is a joke)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

He was cleared.  Clearly it wasn't a concussion. 

Claiming he was knocked out is speculation and even if he was it doesn't mean he has a concussion. 

He can get knocked out briefly and not suffer a concussion. 

Furthermore, hitting your head on the ground doesn't mean you automatically have a concussion either. 

Dolphins were saying the same thing about Tua last year. A week later he was on his back posturing. Fast forward to this year and he can no longer take any kind of contact to his head without dropping like a brick. It's just common sense when dealing with brain trauma to not ignore it like nothing happened.

Edited by pigpen65
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think there’s a chance this is Allen’s second concussion in 7 days.

Allen needs to sit down for some time. 

(I’m aware I am not a doctor and that this is all internet conjecture)

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Mango said:

I think there’s a chance this is Allen’s second concussion in 7 days.

Allen needs to sit down for some time. 

(I’m aware I am not a doctor and that this is all internet conjecture)

I’ll leave it to the doctors that actually examine him to make these judgments…

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, CountDorkula said:

You can't disprove it though.

3 hours ago, pigpen65 said:

Dolphins were saying the same thing about Tua last year. A week later he was on his back posturing. Fast forward to this year and he can no longer take any kind of contact to his head without dropping like a brick. It's just common sense when dealing with brain trauma to not ignore it like nothing happened.

Two years ago and Tua's a shrimp.