How was Josh able to finish the game with a concussion?

2 hours ago, BillsFan130 said:

This was exactly my point when people were criticizing McDaniel for letting Tua come back in in that 2022 game against the Bills 

Every coach in the NFL is going to put their QB back in if he "clears" protocol. It's that simple

So your saying your point on a message board means more than a board certified neurologist appointed by one of the world's most lucrative organizations. Gotcha.

• Vomit 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

I just saw on the CBS post game show that I think the league is going to look into why he didn't go to the tent tomorrow. They said something like that.  Its surely not the last we have heard of this esp with the Tua situation.

why would he go to the tent tomorrow when it was still today?

1 minute ago, Bferra13 said:

So your saying your point on a message board means more than a board certified neurologist appointed by one of the world's most lucrative organizations. Gotcha.

No you're misunderstanding what I'm saying.

A lot of people were saying McDaniel shouldn't have put Tua back in the game because it was "the right thing to do".

My point was if a neurologist clears the QB to play, any coach is going to trust the neurologist and put the QB back in the game , without question 

• Agree 2

3 hours ago, Doc said:

I'm assuming...he wasn't concussed.  Didn't sound concussed in the post-game presser.

Yeah, but a guy here is pretty sure, so you know… 🤣🤦‍♂️ :beer:

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1

Bills staff offered Josh smelling salts before he went back into the game, not sure how that would help with a chest injury. I’m surprised how many take this independent neurologist thing seriously. The league wants their stars in the game. You think they’d take Mahomes out of a Super Bowl for a concussion? Give me a break, it isn’t happening. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

3 hours ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It was pretty clear that when his head hit the ground on the sack he got a concussion. 

It's the NFLs concussion protocol a joke ?

Some people actually rolled their eyes at this comment. Treating people like cattle out there. Wow. Josh caught a concussion and he came back a few minutes later. Bravo NFL.. excellent job. Obviously they learned absolutely nothing. And shame on the HC for letting this happen. They ended up dropping the game anyway. Mismanagement 101.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

41 minutes ago, Bferra13 said:

Do you know how many players have gone back into the game with a concussion I literally watched Watt from the Pittsburgh Steelers get knocked out. couldn’t stand up and he passed concussion protocol last year and went back in the game with a tinted visor on. 

Tua nuff said. 

Watch the play again Josh’s body goes basically limp when his head hits the turf

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Bills staff offered Josh smelling salts before he went back into the game, not sure how that would help with a chest injury. I’m surprised how many take this independent neurologist thing seriously. The league wants their stars in the game. You think they’d take Mahomes out of a Super Bowl for a concussion? Give me a break, it isn’t happening. 

So if you have a confirmed concussion you are cleared to return to play in the same game?  What?!? This is NFL policy? Wow. 
I mean.. that’s just saying EFF IT, WE DON’T GIVE A… 

• Like (+1) 1

If that was Tua on the field today they’d be having segments on every show tomorrow about how he should retire.

That didn’t look good for Josh and i was really surprised he came back in.  Don’t want the man risking the future of his brain. He is a tough dude but he was zoned Out lying on the field.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, 947 said:

No every head impact leads to a concussion. His helmet did bounce pretty good off the turf, but turf is a lot softer than another helmet, and it's not moving toward you.

If he passed protocol, it wasn't a concussion. He was absolutely lit up though, and looks like he was also hurting in the sternum area. The hit may have affected his play afterward.

“Passed protocol”

TJ Watt passed protocol after not being able to stand up because the protocol is still a joke. 

https://www.si.com/nfl/steelers/news/pittsburgh-steelers-blasted-hiding-tj-watt-concussion

• Like (+1) 1

I  had a concussion while playing basketball way back in the 90s. I don't remember much of the rest of the game, my father told me I hit a couple of shots but  seemed a step slower than usual. Putting game on Josh at 3 yard line when he is not mentally fully there makes calls even worse 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Heitz said:

Yeah, but a guy here is pretty sure, so you know… 🤣🤦‍♂️ :beer:

Like I said, if they didn't trot him out for the post-game presser, I'd agree with him.  The other thing I don't understand is what has McD ever done in the past to think that he'd intentionally put an injured/concussed player back out on the field?

Posted (edited)

USA Today has picked up the story. It's gone national

What happened to Josh Allen? Bills QB allowed to play after apparent head injury

Josh Allen didn't have his finest day in the Buffalo Bills' 23-20 Week 5 loss to the Houston Texans, but many wondered whether he should be playing at all by the end of it.

Allen appeared to suffer a head injury in the fourth quarter after he was taken down following an incompletion on third-and-8. His head bounced on the turf hard, and he remained down before receiving medical assistance on the field.

Allen was eventually able to leave the field under his own power and eventually returned to the field.

However, many questioned the NFL's concussion protocol when the 28-year-old came out to lead the Bills five plays after his injury occurred.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/happened-josh-allen-bills-qb-221234284.html

Edited by JakeFrommStateFarm

24 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Lotta “I think” in this thread. Be prepared.

CBS post 4pm games said they heard the league was going to look into it.  Allen was out for at least a few seconds, he can say chest all he wants.  By rule they should have taken his helmet and let the independent Neurologist look at him, but they didn't.

Just now, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

USA Today has picked up the story. It's gone national

What happened to Josh Allen? Bills QB allowed to play after apparent head injury

Josh Allen didn't have his finest day in the Buffalo Bills' 23-20 Week 5 loss to the Houston Texans, but many wondered whether he should be playing at all by the end of it.

Allen appeared to suffer a head injury in the fourth quarter after he was taken down following an incompletion on third-and-8. His head bounced on the turf hard, and he remained down before receiving medical assistance on the field.

Allen was eventually able to leave the field under his own power and eventually returned to the field.

However, many questioned the NFL's concussion protocol when the 28-year-old came out to lead the Bills five plays after his injury occurred.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/happened-josh-allen-bills-qb-221234284.html

They are right, someone didn't follow protocol.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1