How was Josh able to finish the game with a concussion?

This was exactly my point when people were criticizing McDaniel for letting Tua come back in in that 2022 game against the Bills 

Every coach in the NFL is going to put their QB back in if he "clears" protocol. It's that simple

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, NC-billsfan! said:

I love the kid. This was a league and team failure. He will never protect himself, he’s all in. The Bills and NFL must protect their players. Plus he’s our Josh, no way the city of Buffalo wants to use him and spit him out.

Completely agree...Josh may have said it was his chest but that was a substantial head impact. Our last for winning sometimes clouds our judgement.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

34 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Yeah I remember all the criticism of the dolphins for putting him back out there and the bills “would never do something like that”.   

yea the concussion system is a joke, it is easily gamed by the players.  

In the Bills defense, Tua did a hell of a wabble when he got back to his feet, I did not see that today with Allen did you?

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

You mean after he came to?

You missed my joke. But in seriousness, he came to quickly after he got up and seemed fine. Was walking and running on the sideline pretty well. Tua is still wobbling from his concussion weeks ago. That’s the difference imo. 

Some people are really upset that a legitimate question is being asked. I don’t understand why. My bet is he did get his bell rung. Allen doesn’t stay down like that because of his chest.

Edited by Beast
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, billrooter said:

In the Bills defense, Tua did a hell of a wabble when he got back to his feet, I did not see that today with Allen did you?

That was a back injury.   Josh did what most players instinctively know to do….stay down until you are more stable.  It happens all the time if you are looking in nfl games. My beef is with the internet concussion experts who think they know what is good for everyone not on the bills but they don’t say jack when it is Josh Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It was pretty clear that when his head hit the ground on the sack he got a concussion. 

It's the NFLs concussion protocol a joke ?

He passed his current baseline test

1 hour ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

It was pretty clear that when his head hit the ground on the sack he got a concussion. 

It's the NFLs concussion protocol a joke ?

kind of went limp sliding on the ground. don't know how he got back in.

• Like (+1) 1