How did you feel when Josh set up in the shotgun?

Success

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

Even if it wasn't a run they could have used the quick passing game to gain some easy yards and force Houston to burn some timeouts. Cook is our best offensive playmaker outside of Allen. Find a way to get him the ball in space while burning some time. Also, I would just be having Samuel run nothing but drags and crossers across the field.

Throwing to Cook (or a TE or Samuel on a crosser) on first is a fair point. The third down call had to be for a throw past the sticks, though.

11 hours ago, DapperCam said:

KC had a similar scenario last week where Worthy ran a man-coverage beating crosser to get a first down and clinch it. The Chiefs understand that a short pass for YAC is the move in that situation. We seem to struggle with basic playcalls like that.

KC has better coaching and more talent

43 minutes ago, MJS said:

Fans would be melting down about how conservative and predictable McDermott is.

Literally any loss in any fashion is going to get the "fire McDermott" crowd going with their torches and pitchforks.

Well when we come out flat & unprepared 2 weeks in a row, people aren't going to happy with the coaching. I don't think we win the wild card game this year, making it to the 2nd round is now out Super Bowl

42 minutes ago, BuffaloRebound said:

All that’s left to do is laugh at Mcdermott’s end of game decision making.  Seemingly every decision blows up in his face.  He might as well walk out to midfield and pull his pants down.  

“… a DISGUSTING act!!!”

14 hours ago, starrymessenger said:

All they had to do was earn 10 yards and they had three downs to do it. Pass? Ok. But why longer, lower percentage throws. Why not a quick slant or two. I think it's just possible that somebody, Josh or Brady, had visions of using the time remaining when they took possession to move upfield for a winning field goal. Far from being conservative that would make the thinking downright reckless.  

Is a quick slant in the playbook?

18 hours ago, Success said:

On that last series?

I was really stunned.  I don't think I've ever seen a coach do that.  You run it 3x, make the Texans use their TO's and punt if you don't get the first, right?  Am I missing something?

Or play action. There was no doubt what we were doing when we lined up 5 wide.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

that’s right, and noticeably no one is up in arms about McDermott’s stupid gamble on 4th and 5 in the third quarter from our own side of the field. 

Didn’t Josh waive the punt group off? That’s what I seen.