How did you feel when Josh set up in the shotgun?

Success

I was shocked. From our own 3? With Josh having been in the tent? What were they thinking?

I feel like all the joy I had in this team from 2019 to 2021 has been replaced with a sick feeling of dread since 13 seconds.

And it never changes!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

i assumed they'd so something kind of roll out thing where he can option pitch it to an rb or throw a short one to the te, or keep it and run to the edge.

hollis missing the perfect ball (i swear an average wr mighta taken that to the house) just made my heart sink.

the holes on this team are killing us, and the front office is not good.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Success said:

On that last series?

I was really stunned.  I don't think I've ever seen a coach do that.  You run it 3x, make the Texans use their TO's and punt if you don't get the first, right?  Am I missing something?

I prolly would have made a 1st down attempt but once things went the way they did I’m running the next 2 downs. Or maybe I’m running first and seeing want happens and go from there. Either way, the 3 straight passes were a horrendous decision. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Success said:

On that last series?

I was really stunned.  I don't think I've ever seen a coach do that.  You run it 3x, make the Texans use their TO's and punt if you don't get the first, right?  Am I missing something?

Not missin a thing

No, I think you can pass it. Passing should be on the table with a QB like Allen. But not having designed plays to Cook, Kincaid or Knox for short gains and YAC in those situations is down right criminal. I’ll argue those three are the best targets we had dressed today. Instead? Low-percentage passes were the name of the game. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I could see taking the first shot to Coleman and if you hit you keep throwing, otherwise run it to have the best shot at OT where you are practically guaranteed a possession.   Plus our defense stiffened in the second half and kept/got us back in the game.  Why kick the field goal if you aren't going to play for OT?  Take the shot for a TD to go up by 4 instead.  Baffling to me!

Edited by Wags67

I yelled what h..e..double hockey sticks (you know what I really yelled) are you doing? It makes me physically ill to watch this team now. When I see all the "Fire McDermott" posts, I used to just laugh. Sadly, I'm not laughing any more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

40 minutes ago, Success said:

On that last series?

the only thing you're missing was the phone call to Brady to not do that