I think the only way McDermott gets fired

Billyhouseman

I think Beane loves McDermott and will never fire him, I think the only way out of this toxic marriage at head coach is if Josh turns on McDermott, Aaron Rodgers style.... And even then, I don't trust Beane enough to keep Josh over McDermott... That scares me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1

McDermott got Beane the GM job. The only way he fires McDermott is if he's a traitorous lowlife, which he isn't. If one goes, they both have to go.

We are kind of in a "Andy Reid in Philly" situation right now.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

Holy cow. Beane doesn’t even have the authority to fire McD.  Pegula holds the reins and McD is going nowhere. 

Yeah that’s correct. Honestly, I’m not sure Pegula can fire him. He’d have to ask McD if it’s ok to fire him. We all know Terry has no sack and the Dragon Lady is no longer around to kick Terry in the dick and get this thing turned around 

• Shocked 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, T.E. said:

McDermott got Beane the GM job. The only way he fires McDermott is if he's a traitorous lowlife, which he isn't. If one goes, they both have to go.

Difference being Josh Allen makes this team. McNabb was decent in Reid’s system, just like Alex Smith was. But McNabb didn’t carry that team by any means. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Holy cow. Beane doesn’t even have the authority to fire McD.  Pegula holds the reins and McD is going nowhere. 

Yep. That’s the problem of hiring a coach before the gm.  GM is handcuffed and who knows if he could make that call.  It’s up to Terry and I don’t know if he has the balls to make that move and clear house 

1 minute ago, mrags said:

Yeah that’s correct. Honestly, I’m not sure Pegula can fire him. He’d have to ask McD if it’s ok to fire him. We all know Terry has no sack and the Dragon Lady is no longer around to kick Terry in the dick and get this thing turned around 

maybe McDermott would agree; you never know!

😂

5 minutes ago, T.E. said:

Yeah but, i don't remember too many times in Philly where people were making up titles for every play calling disaster by the coaching staff......they didn't have Hail Murray, 13 seconds, 12 men, and now 26 seconds, etc.

Even though Reid was stagnant in Philly, he didn't make obvious stupid play calling mistakes.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yeah but, i don't remember too many times in Philly where people were making up titles for every play calling disaster by the coaching staff......they didn't have Hail Murray, 13 seconds, 12 men, and now 26 seconds, etc.

Even though Reid was stagnant in Philly, he didn't make obvious stupid play calling mistakes.

He was absolutely terrible using timeouts with Philly, though. It was comical.

42 minutes ago, mrags said:

smooth glasses wearing Terry is to busy watching tennis 

51 minutes ago, Billyhouseman said:

I think Beane loves McDermott and will never fire him, I think the only way out of this toxic marriage at head coach is if Josh turns on McDermott, Aaron Rodgers style.... And even then, I don't trust Beane enough to keep Josh over McDermott... That scares me

lol. You’ve been paying close attention I see. 

2 minutes ago, Bigantall said:

smooth glasses wearing Terry is to busy watching tennis 

That too. Another losing investment of his. Can’t ever win the big matches. Shame, if he wasn’t a billionaire I’d recommend he jump off a building. Can’t get anything right. 

With how they finished last (regular) season, McDermott bought himself a grace period. The way the off-season went extended that grace period to at least middle of next season. Not a McDermott fan but I know he’s not going anywhere for a while. 

Edited by Shortchaz

McD is wasting the prime years of Josh Allen.

13 seconds, Philly/KC games last year have proven he is a terrible late game coach.  Today is just another reminder.

We will never win a SB with him as our coach.  Question is do Beane or Pegula have the stones to make the right decision here and bring someone else  in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

• Simon locked this topic