The Bills are fine

Draconator

Speaking of "fine", the run blocking still is going strong, and 42 & 43 were on fire for the defense.

I was POed all game long... but they lost on a 59 yard field goal as time ran out. With Josh having one of his most inaccurate games ever. It's not THAT bad. It's just the passing game that is very worrisome. 

• Like (+1) 1

The division sucks, which is the only hope. But really, who cares?  This team is going nowhere fast. I like Beane and McD as people but they are out of time. Just too many mistakes with the roster and coaching.  Got to make changes when this year is over. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

As the season winds down, just get in the playoffs.  If we win the East and are the fourth seed, whatever.  I think the most important thing when starting the playoffs is overall health of the team.  The last few years we’ve been sending out a MASH unit to play.  If this team is healthy at playoff time I like our chances.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

They sucked in the first half. They came back in the 2nd half. No other teams in the division can match the Bills. We're fine. Don't jump off the bridge 

Everything is not fine. Buffalo is a paper tiger. The talent is there but the coaching sucks.

• Haha (+1) 1

We need Josh to develop some chemistry with his receivers and then this team can be dangerous, truly how many total catches from Josh were on the field today? They have some time to figure it out because thankfully this Bills team should win this division even if Josh plays like the 10th best QB in the league since our division might be worst in league for several years. 

51 minutes ago, f0neguy said:

As the season winds down, just get in the playoffs.  If we win the East and are the fourth seed, whatever.  I think the most important thing when starting the playoffs is overall health of the team.  The last few years we’ve been sending out a MASH unit to play.  If this team is healthy at playoff time I like our chances.

These guys have no chance against the elite teams in the AFC because of the coaching discrepancy in the playoffs

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

They sucked in the first half. They came back in the 2nd half. No other teams in the division can match the Bills. We're fine. Don't jump off the bridge 

Agree!  The rest of the AFC East will be lucky to win 7 games each.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Draconator said:

Well the Jets are mediocre and so are our coaches so something has to give. We have so far done well against mediocre teams but the jets are always tough against us. I have not much confidence in this team but i like your enthusiasm and hope you're right!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

The goal is winning a Super Bowl. Not barely squeaking out a division win (no guarantees we beat the Jets even the way we looked today)

i don’t think the Bills viewed this roster as having a serious chance at the Super Bowl which is why they traded Diggs and moved on from vets like Mitch Morse.  

4 minutes ago, JohnNord said:

i don’t think the Bills viewed this roster as having a serious chance at the Super Bowl which is why they traded Diggs and moved on from vets like Mitch Morse.  

This x 1000. If you seriously thought coming into this season that we were a Super Bowl contender, then yeah, I guess you should be disappointed/worried/disgusted. I, and many others view this as a “re-set year” where we have to deal with salary cap issues, get younger, and take some lumps, while remaining as competitive as possible. My expectations have been firmly in check since the first snap of the first game.

The thing that gets me is that the Chiefs are playing pretty much as badly as we are, but they keep winning due to a combination of luck and much better coaching. You think that kicker is drilling that long one vs the Chiefs? No way...