The Bills are fine

Draconator

They are just good enough to make the playoffs, buy they can't win a championship, as currently constructed.

Sorry for the basketball references, but we're the Atlanta Hawks back when they had Dominique Wilkins, the Philadelphia 76ers when they had Allen Iverson, the Indiana Pacers with Reggie Miller, etc.

6 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

The goal is winning a Super Bowl. Not barely squeaking out a division win (no guarantees we beat the Jets even the way we looked today)

That’s the problem and the reason why Beane called it a “team in transition.”  This probably is not a Super Bowl caliber roster.  They definitely aren’t at WR

• Agree 1

Yeah, we are doing jjuuuusssstttt fine. Right. Winning a garbage division and an early playoff exit is just fine. Why try to maximize a generational talent like Allen. It's this "just fine" attitude that is keeping McD employed and us in purgatory.

But, yeah, we're just fine.

1 minute ago, Cusefan66214 said:

Yes I can't wait to be division champs in our terrible division then go 1-1 in the playoffs again

This current team can't win a playoff game. So there's that.

4 minutes ago, Draconator said:

So how will this affect us in January? News flash, it won't 

There's a proven trend with this team, and the constant in that will still be here in January.  If you think that a coaching staff that manages the clock, timeouts, playcalls, far worse than thousands of fans sitting on the couch, snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, while having an all-world QB, will be changed by January... I have a time share on the west coast of Florida I'd like to sell you.

• Haha (+1) 1

I'm 99% optimistic.  However, I'm really concerned after 2 losses against contenders.

The "complentary" football is just not happening.  Not clutch on offense this week.  Last week a disaster.

I'm just stuck questioning leadership at all levels.  Some great drafts, some medicore drafts, some great scheming, then horrible 1st half playcalling.  

How does a generational QB play so bad in an entire half+?  Is it WRs, playcalling, QB play, oline?  It's just baffling.  

With all the dead cap and injuries, everyone is saying bad luck and some bad decisions.  At some point, you look in the mirror and say "why haven't the Bills won a SB with a top 5 QB?"

I'm rooting for the Bills to win.  But a major intervention might be needed.

23 minutes ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

The goal is winning a Super Bowl. Not barely squeaking out a division win (no guarantees we beat the Jets even the way we looked today)

The goal for the bills is just making the playoffs and then winning from there on out. They dominated divisions, were superbowl favs almost every year and that didn't mean jack *****

9 minutes ago, bills6969 said:

The Jets game scares me.  They are reeling and need a win to save their season. What could go wrong? 

We’re pretty much reeling as well. 

Going to be two desperate teams. 

18 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Yeah, we are doing jjuuuusssstttt fine. Right. Winning a garbage division and an early playoff exit is just fine. Why try to maximize a generational talent like Allen. It's this "just fine" attitude that is keeping McD employed and us in purgatory.

But, yeah, we're just fine.

This current team can't win a playoff game. So there's that.

Everyone gets a trophy mentality. 

• Sad 1

26 minutes ago, buffblue said:

The Bills may not be fine, but I appreciate your post. What a cesspool this place becomes after a loss. People with no clue all of a sudden crawling out of the woodwork.

That said, Brady better pull his head out of his ass.

It starts on the fist play of the game.  Then continues thru the week until the next first play.  No loss needed. 

33 minutes ago, Draconator said:

They sucked in the first half. They came back in the 2nd half. No other teams in the division can match the Bills. We're fine. Don't jump off the bridge 

The koolaid is strong in this one...