Who is more at fault? Beane or McDermott?

TonyBeets

Who is more at fault?  

114 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more at fault for this season?

• Beane
    • McDermott

3 hours ago, BillMafia716ix said:

We 3-2 still in first place in the division w/ a squad that has multiple guys out lol.  

Nobody complaining cares that we are in first place in our division.  Winning the division is no longer the standard.  Winning the SB is the only goal this organization should have.  And people who are complaining are looking at the big picture and seeing the same mistakes being made at critical points of games. 

There's 8 years of established poor game / time management and to a lesser degree questionable roster management (ignoring WR in draft for too long, throwing huge money at Von, etc etc).  We have a unicorn at QB that we have never - and will never see again after he leaves - and it's a terrifying thought that these clowns may never even make it to 1 SB much less winning one.  

Based on McDermott's past history and his inability to learn from prior mistakes, does anyone have faith that if we do get to a SB and get in a tight game that his decisions at that point will put this team in a good spot to win?  I sure don't.  

• Like (+1) 3

33 minutes ago, Blazman11 said:

Nobody complaining cares that we are in first place in our division.  Winning the division is no longer the standard.  Winning the SB is the only goal this organization should have.  And people who are complaining are looking at the big picture and seeing the same mistakes being made at critical points of games. 

There's 8 years of established poor game / time management and to a lesser degree questionable roster management (ignoring WR in draft for too long, throwing huge money at Von, etc etc).  We have a unicorn at QB that we have never - and will never see again after he leaves - and it's a terrifying thought that these clowns may never even make it to 1 SB much less winning one.  

Based on McDermott's past history and his inability to learn from prior mistakes, does anyone have faith that if we do get to a SB and get in a tight game that his decisions at that point will put this team in a good spot to win?  I sure don't.  

Amen on the standard.    How bad do we want to be the Shottenheimer Browns or Marvin Lewis Bengals.    After a while it does get to be insanity and expecting a different result.

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Blazman11 said:

In order to get to the SB you gotta get to the playoffs first. I’m not pulling the panic button after two games. Everything they want to accomplish is still in front of them. Still got guys out at key positions 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

I'm not sure about that, was he running for his life on those plays?  I honestly didn't see seperation.  He missed Kincaid....but?  You might be right, I just did not see it.

The Coleman throw to the endzone. Coleman had separation and could have made a catch. The throw was 5 feet out-of-bounds.

The Hollins long bomb down the middle. Hollins was wide open, beat his man clean! Josh threw it to the opposite/wrong shoulder by 2 feet. Made Hollins spin. That was a BAD ball by Josh.

The throw to Hollins across his body to the middle. Threw it to Mack's feet. (Josh on the run that play... but still.. not a Josh throw).

A pass to Kincaid was sailing way too high. Would have been 1st down. One to Samuel as a screen was behind him. Incomplete.

Anyway... just a bad game overall. But Josh sure AF did not help the situation.

15 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I believe that Beane has the job because of McD.

I’ve always believed the final decision on high draft picks McD. 
I think Beane has a bunch of culpability as well.

I don't know about that. Why would Beane resign with the Bills if he was just McDermott's puppet. He has a good reputation around the league. If he left the Bills he would get another job as GM easily. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Gregg said:

I don't know about that. Why would Beane resign with the Bills if he was just McDermott's puppet. He has a good reputation around the league. If he left the Bills he would get another job as GM easily. 

It is his first GM gig. He and McD worked together for the Panthers 

McD got the job first ( Jan) and it seems brought Beane in afterwards(May).

McD sure seems to have his fingerprints all over the players drafted. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

Today- Josh was more at fault.  Pretty sure he was trying to set the record for OOB passes 

I agree 10000%  But watch out - we may get massacred. Josh was brutal. The Ravens game not as much, but something is clearly wrong and it isn't his hand!

1 minute ago, Buffalo Boy said:

It is his first GM gig. He and McD worked together for the Panthers 

McD got the job first ( Jan) and it seems brought Beane in afterwards(May).

McD sure seems to have his fingerprints all over the players drafted. 

I am sure he has a say, but I would guess Beane has the final say. It's Beane and his scouts who are watching CFB and putting their draft board together after the season. McDermott can't really focus on CFB since his focus is 100% on the Bills. 

Who's fault is what?  The WR room is weak because of beane, but also a lot because diggs forced his way out.  He was moved in April, and free agency was already mostly taken up.  I suppose they could have signed beckham... but he's an injury prone player in his 30s.  

The defense held a top notch offense to 23 even with a blown coverage TD, and missing Milano, TJ, Miller, Oliver,  and Rapp.  

I think there were issues with the offensive gameplan, and i think the roster is somewhat flawed in its construction offensively.  At the same time, allen missed.. a ton of throws.  

I don’t see a scenario where we ever win it all with McD, and I’m starting to think the same of Beane. McD never learns anything from his mistakes and tends to always find a new way to F something up. Beane has neglected the receiver room for years and it’s killing us. Wish Terry had the stones to demand more and send these guys packing after the season. 

• Agree 1

If Beane isn't willing to surround Allen with top tier talent then he needs to be fired. This is ridiculous. We watch the Bills not be able to do anything against Baltimore and then watch Cincinnati and Burrow carve them up like a Thanksgiving turkey thru the air with Chase going off on them twice for long TDs.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Playing with a 70 million $ handicap is ridiculous. 

But he is also the reason they are in a $70 million handicap with the contracts he doled out.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

Brandon beane didn’t do 13 seconds 

brandon beane didn’t call three straight pass plays with 30 seconds left on our three yard line 

Brandon beane wasn’t responsible for a team who continues to lose close games and doesn’t show up in big time games

more often than not

we need a coaching change, Sean is capped and now it’s all downhill… get an offensive wizard and build The team around Allen, instead of Allen carry everything and we will draft a good defense for you which never shows up in the playoffs 

Personally i think neither ! I feel Brady isn't using the talent he has at his finger tips, i feel there are weapons that he hasn't incorporated into the game plans enough and is depending on only a few to make his game plan work . If he were to use more players even if they aren't elite he could get a much better result come game day but he's not .