Who is more at fault? Beane or McDermott?

TonyBeets

Who is more at fault?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more at fault for this season?

• Beane
    • McDermott

Just now, <bills4life> said:

It is. However 8 years later should be the expiration date of the “coup”, if no improvement is noted. We should not be in this position period 

Look I get it. The last two weeks suck. Injuries haven’t been friendly to us. Trey White, Poyer, Hyde, Morris, Milano, Bernard, Shakir, etc. It’s not Beane. We are a really good team in a reset year. I’m not getting rid of Beane. McD is a really good coach, but not winning a SB falls at his feet. Respectfully.

1 minute ago, ghostwriter said:

I love Sean McDermott, he is one of the best coaches in Buffalo Bills history. He is a great coach, but I don’t think he’s the right coach for this team anymore. Barring a Super Bowl victory or a spectacular turn around, Buffalo should bring in a McVay/Shanahan type of guru for Josh.

No one was getting open.

are you for real?? I mean it wasn't gravy but man, we were open in the first half!! Josh missed 4 throws and missed open guys all game.  I was there. It wasn't good. The Texans fans were chatting to me... saying Josh is good but doesn't see the field. 

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

are you for real?? I mean it wasn't gravy but man, we were open in the first half!! Josh missed 4 throws and missed open guys all game.  I was there. It wasn't good. The Texans fans were chatting to me... saying Josh is good but doesn't see the field. 

Nope. Josh Allen has no weapons either because a.) There’s no talent there or because b.) Game planning sucks.

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

I'm not sure about that, was he running for his life on those plays?  I honestly didn't see seperation.  He missed Kincaid....but?  You might be right, I just did not see it.

1 minute ago, NC-billsfan! said:

Look I get it. The last two weeks suck. Injuries haven’t been friendly to us. Trey White, Poyer, Hyde, Morris, Milano, Bernard, Shakir, etc. It’s not Beane. We are a really good team in a reset year. I’m not getting rid of Beane. McD is a really good coach, but not winning a SB falls at his feet. Respectfully.

Fair enough. McDermott is an excellent coach for culture building. He is the farthest coach I want come playoff time. To me the goal should always be the Super Bowl.  I’m sorry but he is not the man to get us there.  Today reinforces this in spades. Today reminded me of the playoffs every year.

1 hour ago, <bills4life> said:

Fair enough. McDermott is an excellent coach for culture building. He is the farthest coach I want come playoff time. To me the goal should always be the Super Bowl.  I’m sorry but he is not the man to get us there.  Today reinforces this in spades. Today reminded me of the playoffs every year.

All they had to do was run 3 times and force Texans to use 3 timeouts,  you may even have less time left and then Texans only have Hail Mary option with no timeouts,  McDermott is just not a good late game manager and it continues to show over and over

Edited by Niagara Dude
spelling
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

It is. However 8 years later should be the expiration date of the “coup”, if no improvement is noted. We should not be in this position period 

Beane gets too much credit for picking Josh. The previous year Pegula wanted Mahomes and McDermott talked him into trading with KC to pick a cornerback. The Josh pick was a group decision that Pegula was part of. Beane has made numerous errors overpaying and bringing in the wrong players. Knox, Bass, Miller, Samuels and a bunch of garbage receivers.

This is a faulty premise. McDermott runs the team. Beane gets him the players he wants not the other way around. McDermott couldn't handle Diggs so he was moved along just like they did with Dareus.

The only thing McDermott has improved upon during his tenure is when to go for it on 4th down. He mostly gets that right. 

McDermott. I like the guy but ugh.

Kincaid might have bobbled the ball – – – when he was out of bounds? No challenge?

The other catch the 5 yard line was challenged worthy as well… Foot knee/foot knee/foot knee

And the clock management at the end… What the heck?

I’ve always liked Sean. But this followed by the legendary non-squib kick in Kansas City makes me question his coaching status.

i think mcd has as much influence on the gm as any hc in the nfl.

also, i think what they prepare for, who the line up, and how they run their o and d are the bigger issues.

baltimore has a lot of talent, but their d has been horrible except for vs us.  houston has a couple guys, but is not a great d by any means.  both of them turned our o into zeroville.  josh allen played not good vs balt and really bad vs houston, but it is clear the book is out and people know what to do to stop us.

i refuse to believe that a josh allen lead offense should be 3 of 14 or whatever on 3rd down, and fail to score a td from the 9 or better twice in any game, let alone vs houston with who they have.

23 minutes ago, HerdMentality said:

McDermott. I like the guy but ugh.

Kincaid might have bobbled the ball – – – when he was out of bounds? No challenge?

The other catch the 5 yard line was challenged worthy as well… Foot knee/foot knee/foot knee

And the clock management at the end… What the heck?

I’ve always liked Sean. But this followed by the legendary non-squib kick in Kansas City makes me question his coaching status.

You could see the pellets come up after his knee hit. Looked inbounds to me.