Who is more at fault? Beane or McDermott?

TonyBeets

Who is more at fault?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Who is more at fault for this season?

• Beane
    • McDermott

McDermott was hired first. He called Brandon to join him. So technically Brandon reports to Sean. The drafts always tend to favor the defense,  what a shocker. Beane probably has Sean in his ear every round. Beane's not buying the groceries,  Sean is. And then there's his epic coaching fails which are too numerous to list.  2024, rinse & repeat.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I believe that Beane has the job because of McD.

I’ve always believed the final decision on high draft picks McD. 
I think Beane has a bunch of culpability as well.

@Buffalo BoyYou are 100% correct and if others don't believe this they can simply continue being naive.

• Like (+1) 1

It's hard to say who is actually running the front office.   What is more definitive is our lack of talent on both sides of the ball.  

We really need to start figuring this out.  I don't know how we can be so tight in the cap with so little talent on either side.  It's kind of crazy.  

13 minutes ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I believe that Beane has the job because of McD.

I’ve always believed the final decision on high draft picks McD. 
I think Beane has a bunch of culpability as well.

Exactly where I’m at. He’s shown to hit on a few guys in the mid and late rounds. The early draft picks are very much a coalition between him and the HC and I have absolutely no doubt the HC holds more weight in who is drafted in those spots. Beane finding gems in the late rounds is where his skill as a GM and talent evaluator come into play. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

McDermott is not good enough as an in game manager and Beane has ***** the bed letting Diggs walk for a freakin 2nd round pick, hated it at the time but now just looks asinine. We should be adding offensive weapons at Allens disposal but instead keep taking them away for McDermotts defense that keeps getting beat by andy QB not named Trevor Lawrence. We need a solid offensive mind with a great defensive coordinator and until that happens we will waste the best QB we've ever had. You can eyeroll, talk about preveious HC's to prove your point but he's not good enough.

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

As much as I'd love to blame McDermott, I tend to believe the issue is Beane.  We give him so much leeway because he hit on Josh.

You don’t think hitting on Josh wasn’t a major coup?  I hated the pick. Experts had at least three qbs above him. He’s a hall of famer in the making. He’s a wizard at mid round picks. We ran Polian out of town. How did that work out?

Easily McDermott, but it depends what Pegula truly wants, a coach that is above average typically performs well with a flawed defensive scheme come crunch time, or too keep making the playoffs when never getting over the hump unless they are healthy and they get a few lucky bounces.

1 minute ago, NC-billsfan! said:

You don’t think hitting on Josh wasn’t a major coup?  I hated the pick. Experts had at least three qbs above him. He’s a hall of famer in the making. He’s a wizard at mid round picks. We ran Polian out of town. How did that work out?

It is. However 8 years later should be the expiration date of the “coup”, if no improvement is noted. We should not be in this position period 

I love Sean McDermott, he is one of the best coaches in Buffalo Bills history. He is a great coach, but I don’t think he’s the right coach for this team anymore. Barring a Super Bowl victory or a spectacular turn around, Buffalo should bring in a McVay/Shanahan type of guru for Josh.

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

My vote is JOSH!!! Hit your open man for christ sake.

No one was getting open.