Silver Linings

Rigotz

49 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bills will get healthy (hopefully) and likely win the division easily. 

Division titles are meaningless at this point. 

I have zero reason to believe this team can get into a shootout, let alone win one if needed. 

Houston is not our competition. They are overrated and not really a threat for anything. 

Look at the Ravens-Bengals game today. That's who we need to beat in January, in addition to KC. And right now, we can't compete with that. We don't have that kind of firepower or coaching. 

Changes need to be made. 

When the Ravens were gifted the ball back in overtime, you just knew they were gonna roll the momentum into a win and sure enough King Henry obliged. 

I can’t imagine many of us would have the confidence of the Bills doing the same if presented with the Ravens situation there. 

Changing offensive schemes every season and a half can't be helping. 

Either way, this is what McD wanted in terms of schemes, and he's got two coordinators that are in no position to argue with him.

OP I'm sorry but you just don't get it.  

The coaching lost the game.  Allen was terrible but the coaches lost the game.  Again!!!!  

McDermott and Brady are terrible. There is no one else to blame or fire.  McDermott has already scapegoated almost every position coach and coordnatorr on the team. 

Beane gutted this team and sent the only other guy that had heart away because he dared to question McDermott and maybe Allen

• Awesome! (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bills will get healthy (hopefully) and likely win the division easily. 

Division titles are meaningless at this point. 

I have zero reason to believe this team can get into a shootout, let alone win one if needed. 

Houston is not our competition. They are overrated and not really a threat for anything. 

Look at the Ravens-Bengals game today. That's who we need to beat in January, in addition to KC. And right now, we can't compete with that. We don't have that kind of firepower or coaching. 

Changes need to be made. 

I agree with this in terms of the need for talent.  Coaching needs some adjustments.  Brady is using Samuel like a McKenzie type with runs and backfield passes.  They need to use him the way they did in Washington, as a possession receiver.  Coleman and Shakir are solid.  Hollins is good at slants... but not much more.  MVS can't catch. Cook and Ty are good out of the backfield.  Knox disappears and Kinkaid left his hands in the locker room.  They need to sign another receiver.

But Josh was clearly off today.  Was he pressing?

• Agree 1

34 minutes ago, chongli said:

Jets lost; Dolphins lost. The division is ours, which means playoffs. Just get in...and anything is possible with Josh.

The Jest will be in first place if we lose to them Monday night at MetLife. I agree with your take about Josh but he needs help at the wideout position. Desperately.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, finn said:

Yet people here bought the happy talk about "everybody eats" and "Hollins is great in the locker room." 

I can’t even look at that shoeless pr*ck right now… FO with your off field nonsense, who gives sh*t

5 - I can stop arranging my Sundays around football.  I missed out on golfing today bc of this sht show.  For the posters who said 9-8 this season, hats off to you, at this point that's either accurate or aspiration depending on how hard they collapse next week. 

7 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The Jest will be in first place if we lose to them Monday night at MetLife. I agree with your take about Josh but he needs help at the wideout position. Desperately.

Bills are in full collapse right now.  The Jets aren't any good but if rogers plays a C+ game they win easily.  I hate betting against the Bills but this feels like free money

3 minutes ago, wppete said:

Dwayne Carter and Dorian Williams played out of their minds today! 

Bishop is awful and looks like a high schooler out there. 

Bishop was awful in the first half but decent in the 2nd. Just like when the ball hit Coleman in the head, rookies = growing pains.

Carter, Williams and Bernard played great for sure.

Only 9 receptions, Josh himself was soooo inaccurate, yet they lost on the very last play of the game. It IS a silver lining. 

I'm really struggling with silver linings following this game.

- offensive line struggles continued with all sorts of pressure on the form of hurrys and knockdowns 

- defensive line struggles continued not generating pressure up the middle or off the edge allowing QBs to do want they want to do

- Wide Receivers can't get open and if they do they either can't catch or Josh is hurried and can't get it there

- Josh getting beaten up, his bell got rung hard

Only things good

- Bernard is back 

- Cook is an actual weapon 

- We punted well

1 hour ago, I Am The Liquor said:

So what does that mean?  We win the division for the 5th year in a row just to be bounced in the playoffs for the 5th year in a row? I'm only 36, so my prime Bills viewing years were right after the 4 straight and straight into the drought years. I love that McD got us there finally.  But who gives a s#@t about winning the division when there is 0 chance of beating the top dogs in the conference come playoffs?

If you’re 36, you watched the Giants catch fire in the playoffs and beat an undefeated Pats team. You watched the Ravens win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. You watched Colin Kaepernick make it to the Super Bowl and almost win. You saw a Nick Foles led eagles team beat the Patriots.

The point is, if you make it to the playoffs, you have a shot. 3-4 wins and you win the whole thing. If you’re afraid of the Ravens and 1-4 Bengals, ok. I’m not.

• Agree 1

Punting seems better than last year. (On the other hand, Bass sucks.)

Bills seems to be committing fewer penalties.

I'm old enough that I'm starting to sense the dark at the end of the tunnel at which point I won't have to put up with this ***** anymore.

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Josh…zero int’s so far. 😉

This might be a bigger deal then folks think and not in a good way. 

54 minutes ago, wppete said:

Dwayne Carter and Dorian Williams played out of their minds today! 

Bishop is awful and looks like a high schooler out there. 

To be fair Bishop played well in the 2nd half.