Silver Linings

Rigotz

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

This might be a bigger deal then folks think and not in a good way. 

He's still forcing balls but just has had much better luck   Last year his luck was terrible with flukey ints inflating those numbers

7 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

If you’re 36, you watched the Giants catch fire in the playoffs and beat an undefeated Pats team. You watched the Ravens win a Super Bowl with Trent Dilfer. You watched Colin Kaepernick make it to the Super Bowl and almost win. You saw a Nick Foles led eagles team beat the Patriots.

The point is, if you make it to the playoffs, you have a shot. 3-4 wins and you win the whole thing. If you’re afraid of the Ravens and 1-4 Bengals, ok. I’m not.

Just making the playoffs is not good enough at this point buddy.  That is the entire point.  Me being afraid of the Bengals and Ravens?  I'm not playing on the team brother, so that is just a weird point to make.  That being said, if the Bills make the playoffs, I would not be confident in the Bills beating either the Ravens or Bungles with this current roster/coaching group.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, I Am The Liquor said:

Just making the playoffs is not good enough at this point buddy.  That is the entire point.  Me being afraid of the Bengals and Ravens?  I'm not playing on the team brother, so that is just a weird point to make.  That being said, if the Bills make the playoffs, I would not be confident in the Bills beating either the Ravens or Bungles with this current roster/coaching group.

Exactly.......expect another one and done exit.

• Agree 2

2 hours ago, uticaclub said:

Silver linings? Are you ***** serious? 

If you told me Bills were 4-2 after week 6, after this off season, with this schedule, I would have been stoked. Let's see about next week.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

Dewayne Carter. This was the first time in ages that I can remember a Bills DT pushing back an offensive lineman with sheer brute strength back into the QB.

he and Dorian were physical  Nice to see  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, I Am The Liquor said:

Two and done buddy!  The McD special.

What's the difference between a 1st round exit and a 2nd round exit?.......no, really?

If you can't get over the hump and take that next step into the SB, you're just prolonging the inevitable pain.

5 hours ago, No_Matter_What said:

Man I appreciate this thread. With all the (completely unnecessary) doom and gloom it is nice to have a thread I can post in. And I always thought about starting a thread about small positives when we lose and small negatives when we win.

I see many silver linings.

1. Like you said AFC being weak. We can "suck" all year and still win division and have a shot. You never know what can happen come January.

2. All the rookies taking snaps. Carter looked good today, Solomon had some flashes, Coleman with nice TD.  Bishop looked horrible first couple of snaps but it doesn't matter. We need him on the field to learn. By the end of the season no one will call him a liability. Let him play.

3. I thought defense was fine overall. Not their fault offense couldn't do much.

4. McD being aggressive on the 4th down again -> Coleman TD. I agree that not running at the end 3x was a mistake but people are way too dramatic about it.

5. Allen was a little off today but still no INT from him (he had some luck today for sure).

6. Bass.

7. Fans like you :) I know everybody is a fan here and it comes from "fanatic" but I'll never understand why people need to act so overly dramatic in October.

Much appreciated man, thank you!

Great point about all the rookies. Nice to see them get some run. Solomon did indeed look good!

No joke, my biggest positive takeaway is that the WR play was so bad in this one it will force Beane to make a move. It's like how the Panthers were forced to bench Bryce Young because the tape was so uniquely bad. Mack Hollins' tape is that uniquely bad and they will have to make a change.

On defense, Dorian Williams continues to improve and it was good to see Bernard make a huge play in his first game back. Benford and Douglas continue to lock down the boundary.

Bass' two kicks were never in doubt. Very easy kicks by modern standards but I'll take him making even just the easy ones right now.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

No joke, my biggest positive takeaway is that the WR play was so bad in this one it will force Beane to make a move. It's like how the Panthers were forced to bench Bryce Young because the tape was so uniquely bad. Mack Hollins' tape is that uniquely bad and they will have to make a change.

On defense, Dorian Williams continues to improve and it was good to see Bernard make a huge play in his first game back. Benford and Douglas continue to lock down the boundary.

Bass' two kicks were never in doubt. Very easy kicks by modern standards but I'll take him making even just the easy ones right now.

Quintus Cephus, you are a Buffalo Bill (again)

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, I Am The Liquor said:

Would you give us a chance if we got our starters back and Mahomey, Burrows and Lamar were hurt?  I think we can play with any team if we’re full strength.

5 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

Josh…zero int’s so far. 😉

He should’ve had 2-3 today. Yes Josh had a bad day but the coaches have lost their minds against these last 2 opponents. Josh will be asked again to wallow thru a season with a poor OL and the worst wr room in the NFL.

Dark Clouds:

1. Not enough pressure from our front four. 
2. Mack Hollins plays 39 plays a game too much. Two brutal drops today.

3. Cook should be on the field all three downs, why replace him with inferior players. 
4. Run Curtis Samuel down the field, quit using him like Isiah MacKenzie. 
5.  Was Ken Dorsey calling plays in the fourth quarter? The sequence at the Houston 10 and at the end of the game was as brutal as anything Dorsey dreamed up. 
6. McDermott is Chuck Knox. We are post season doomed. 

Edited by Jimmy Harris 69
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Roundybout said:

Dewayne Carter. This was the first time in ages that I can remember a Bills DT pushing back an offensive lineman with sheer brute strength back into the QB.

Carter looked good today as did Dorian. Unfortunately Hamlin & Lewis are such a liability. Hope Taron returns soon.

The receiving corps was charged with 10 drops today so would 5 or 6 drops instead of 10 made a difference of course.

Simple fact is there isn’t a single receiver on this team that would start for another team. 
The silver lining is after this game everyone knows what the problem is even Commander Beane let’s see what they do to fix it. 

4 hours ago, Ralonzo said:

If you told me Bills were 4-2 after week 6, after this off season, with this schedule, I would have been stoked. Let's see about next week.

You need to raise your expectations 

1 hour ago, Ga boy said:

Would you give us a chance if we got our starters back and Mahomey, Burrows and Lamar were hurt?  I think we can play with any team if we’re full strength.

No, there's no chance at all. Who is Josh throwing to? Who is pressuring Mahomes, Burrows, or Lamar’s backup? This regime has failed to build a championship team around a championship quarterback. It's disgusting.

Edited by uticaclub
  • Thank you (+1) 1