Worst (regular season) coached game in the entire McD era

Einstein

3 minutes ago, Einstein said:

In that case, you’re missing the yardage gained on the run plays.

If we gain 5 yards on the run plays, and Houston can’t gain 5 yards on the last second play (because they have 0 timeouts), the 59 yard kick is now 69.

You think they’re making a 69 yarder?

I don’t…

I don’t think they’re breaking a NFL record.

Ok we are getting way too detailed with hypotheticals now. 

At the end of the day I don't hate the decision to throw. I hate the play calls, and I hate that Josh didn't hit a wide open Samuel on third down.

• Dislike 1

3 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

McD finding a new Billsy way to lose is the final straw.  It’s time.  I’m on board, we need to make the change.  

I can’t defend him anymore.

I can and I’ll be happy to pick up your slack. 

Just now, Einstein said:

So you’re saying the coaches would have left the sideline open? So you agree the coaches are an issue?

Or quick pass over the middle.  Or quick QB sneak.  Get the the line and spike it.

• Dislike 1

I have to agree. McD did great things for a team that was insignificant before he was hired, but it's just treading water. The thread starter said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing again and again and expecting different results. McD peaked the year the team played heroically against KC and they still lost. 

If we had an average QB I wouldn't mind so much but I'm terrified of wasting the talent of the generational guy we have back there.

But I don't see anything changing. We'll take our lumps this year then go out with more money in the offseason and make some splash signings and we'll be told it will be a return to form. and I agree, it will probably be a return to the divisional round

New England Patriots Agree GIF by DraftKings

Bill to the Bills please.  Love you McDermott I truly do.  You helped get this team out of the stone age but you’ve taken us as far as you can.  Bill at HC.  Vrabel at DC.  McDaniels at OC.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Dislike 2

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Or quick pass over the middle.  Or quick QB sneak.  Get the the line and spike it.

Statistics show that you need 8-11 seconds to run a play and spike the ball.

They wouldn’t have had the time 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Billz4ever said:

This is the sad reality, folks.

This has been the case for a long time. Why can we never advance in the playoffs? Close games. It's inconceivable for me to think McD will captain us to 2-3 close wins against the best teams and coaches in the NFL. 

Edited by Mikie2times
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 4

1 minute ago, Chugga said:

New England Patriots Agree GIF by DraftKings

Bill to the Bills please.  Love you McDermott I truly do.  You helped get this team out of the stone age but you’ve taken us as far as you can.  Bill at HC.  Vrabel at DC.  McDaniels at OC.

McDaniels.  That’s a laugh.

2 minutes ago, Process said:

Ok we are getting way too detailed with hypotheticals now. 

Well, duh? You don’t make coaching decisions based on no detail or foresight. You make decisions based on the math and probability of what could happen.

At the end of the day I don't hate the decision to throw. I hate the play calls, and

Then you’re as wrong as the coaches. It’s that simple.

I hate that Josh didn't hit a wide open Samuel on third down.

You mean when he got hit as he was throwing it?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If that was the Hood, he would hold people accountable........but, we get to hear that we're going to learn from this, we need to play complimentary football from all 3 phases, winning is hard in this league, blah, blah, blah.

Wash, rinse, repeat

• Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

It was entertaining and exciting. I have no problem with that.   McD was probably resigned to the fact that we would lave lost the coin flip and then given up a heart-wrenching TD to Diggs anyways.

Is this a joke?

We lost the game, but it's ok as long as it's exciting and entertaining?

WOW

• Like (+1) 3

And none of those three throws were targeted at either of our tight ends that we have a whole lot invested in.

What are we exactly doing here? Between this crap and that trick play they tried to run last week.

Atrocious play calling.

Edited by Beast

1 minute ago, oldmanfan said:

From how far away from the previous LOS?

If we assume Cook just gets 1.5 yards per carry. Thats 5 yards. Plus they wouldn’t have had the 5 yards they got on the last second play. So you’re 10 yards back. 

They need 10 yards, with no timeouts, and not enough time to run a play and spike the ball.

There only chance would be to throw a 10+ yard out. And that only works if the coaches are stupid enough to not defend the sidelines.

There is no defending this. It was stupid. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

27 minutes ago, Einstein said:

There is NEVER a circumstance where you run an offense, in a tied game, with 30-some seconds left, out of your own endzone!

You make them burn their timeouts.

Let’s say we get 5 yards on 3 runs… that 59 yard kick is now a 67 yard kick.

Why?

Without timeouts available, the Texans can’t run that last second play to get another 3-4 yards. So you have the 5 yards from the runs, AND the 3-4 yards they got on the last play. 

He isn’t making it from 67.

And don’t even get me started on not challenging the Kincaid catch and instead taking TWO timeouts into the half.

Stroud gifted us a punt, when they should have been kicking a go-ahead field goal… and we return the favor by throwing 3 times out of our endzone!?!?

Our three long developing pass plays took 16 seconds off the clock. Three runs and three time outs take maybe half that. So those extra 8 seconds mean they still have time for a play plus a kick. 

The only way to avoid it was a first down IMO.

• Agree 1
  • Dislike 1