Worst (regular season) coached game in the entire McD era

Einstein

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

I mean the issue for me is you need a coach that’s not only good but more or less a scheme fit or you’re probably taking a big step backwards early  especially on the defensive side to maybe take a step forward when they rebuild the roster over a few years.  I’d argue a new coach at this point probably wastes more josh than what is happening currently

then a lot of teams get in the constant cycle of hiring and firing coaches every 3 years because they never get the team quite built the way they want it and someone else takes over and starts the process all over again

That’s fair. But realistically, any fair weather coach would make the playoffs and that’s pretty much all McD has done. Even a first year coach can muster winning this division and getting into that with Josh at QB. You give them 3 years and see what you get.

If we get bounced first game this year, you have to make a change. If not and there is no SB appearance the following, you bite the bullet and move on. 

You’ve got 5-8 years of Josh. 10-15 year career is probably my bet, 15 if we are lucky. 

For all his warts, he’s one of the best to ever grace the history of the position when you factor it all in, let alone the Bills. Those type of QBs you’re lucky when you get them once in a franchise, doubt there’s any close after. 

1 minute ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

I was just making fun - I didn’t actually mean that 

No, really he’s a head case we’ve talked about this before. It’s like he doesn’t wanna win. Look back at all the games and he’s neurotic about only rushing four. 

On 10/6/2024 at 4:18 PM, Einstein said:

I don’t understand the thinking at all.

They thought we were going to drive 70 yards in 30 seconds? From our own endzone?

Even if we ran 3 times, got 5 yards, and punted… Houston would have been without timeouts, more time would have been off the clock, AND the kick (if there was one), would have been from 63+.

They thought 3 runs would get little to no gain, we’d punt, and Martin would likely set them up in fg range anyway.  We literally complain about Martin and punt coverage all the time here lol  it came down to let’s give the guy we’re paying buckets of money to a proactive chance to ensure ot or who knows maybe we steal one rather than Martin likely losing us the game.  

Martin kicked a good one though and made the whole situation look even more odd 🤣. I absolutely would’ve ran three times personally and I’m all for flaming them for it because of how it went down…they are the face of all the in game decisions.  But like…it wasn’t the craziest most out of nowhere decision in the world lol. 

it circles back to them any way you look at it anyway because if they’re not trusting the punt or the punt coverage that’s gotta be coaching and/or front office related anyway