Worst (regular season) coached game in the entire McD era

Einstein

There is NEVER a circumstance where you run an offense, in a tied game, with 30-some seconds left, out of your own endzone!

You make them burn their timeouts.

Let’s say we get 5 yards on 3 runs… that 59 yard kick is now a 67 yard kick.

Why?

Without timeouts available, the Texans can’t run that last second play to get another 3-4 yards. So you have the 5 yards from the runs, AND the 3-4 yards they got on the last play. 

He isn’t making it from 67.

And don’t even get me started on not challenging the Kincaid catch and instead taking TWO timeouts into the half.

Stroud gifted us a punt, when they should have been kicking a go-ahead field goal… and we return the favor by throwing 3 times out of our endzone!?!?

Edited by Einstein
  • Like (+1) 14
  • Vomit 2
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 18
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 11

Just now, Taro Nimbus said:

That was last week.  

No, this takes the cake

Last week was bad, but we were out coached and outmanned. 

This week, the coaching design to pass 3 times out of your endzone instead of making Houston burn a single timeout is outragoeus

• Like (+1) 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

It was entertaining and exciting. I have no problem with that.   McD was probably resigned to the fact that we would lave lost the coin flip and then given up a heart-wrenching TD to Diggs anyways.

• Vomit 2
  • Disagree 1
  • Haha (+1) 6
  • Dislike 2

I reserve "worst" for situations like 13 seconds... but this is yet another late game coaching failure for McDermott.

This isn't even the hardest part of coaching quite frankly.  The bozos in the stands knew what to do - make them take the timeouts.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

1 minute ago, Behindenemylines said:

Agreed terrible decision making.  When Josh and the Offense is off why run 3 pass plays from the end zone and give them time. 

terrible clock management and game awareness. 

Exactly. We had 0 time outs. Odds are we are not getting to field goal range.  Great aggressive calls early, but they blew it by not making the smart decision at the end

1 minute ago, Behindenemylines said:

Agreed terrible decision making.  When Josh and the Offense is off why run 3 pass plays from the end zone and give them time. 

terrible clock management and game awareness. 

I don’t understand the thinking at all.

They thought we were going to drive 70 yards in 30 seconds? From our own endzone?

Even if we ran 3 times, got 5 yards, and punted… Houston would have been without timeouts, more time would have been off the clock, AND the kick (if there was one), would have been from 63+.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 3

1 minute ago, RiotAct said:

It was entertaining and exciting. I have no problem with that.  

You have no problem with losing as long as it was entertaining?

Goodness. God bless ya, but fans like you are a different breed. I can’t relate.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 7

• Einstein changed the title to Worst (regular season) coached game in the entire McD era

I mean what if we ran it three times and they used all their timeouts and the FG was 5 yards longer? It still would have been good. 

I don't mind the aggression at the end. Didn't execute. Samuel was wide open.  

Offense was absolutely pathetic the entire game in every single way possible. 

Allen waa bad receivers were bad Brady was bad. 

They need to figure it out. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1