Screw it: Another WR1 Thread: Preemptive Apologies

@Simon I’m in a bad mood with this Texans game, and my attitude ain’t right to be commenting in the game thread like a civilized person. Writing is my Bills Anger Outlet (BAO, if you wish). If you would ever so kindly not embarrass me by moving this due to being the length of a pamphlet until it achieves at least five eye roll emojis. THX ❤️

Right now, we’re in complimentary football mode. Need to accept this and max it out at all positions. Lots of fans scream, Score more points and it solves all problems! But going about doing that requires a top-tier talent WR, and we can’t have just any. 

Our WR is out there. We gotta get him. Accept that it’s going to cost, and he’s not going to lead the league in rec, yds, or touchdowns, and on paper he’ll be overpaid. 

Hypothetically getting Chase for one year could win a Super Bowl, but he’s a player I wouldn’t want to commit to long term. It will eventually go sideways. Just my opinion, and it could be dead wrong. 

St. Brown is. Cupp was. Aj Brown is. Metcalf is. Drake London appears to be. To me Olave, Pickens, G. Wilson are not top-tier talent. They can’t use their talent to dominate when the stakes are highest. So they become less of a decoy, an easier cover for a defensive, etc. 

Hill ain’t.

Adams could be—not a huge college star, played in GB.. but he’s old now. Back in the day,, the Bills drafting Devante Adam with 2.01 in the year 2024 would’ve been a heist. And Adams was no WR2. He’s the dawg.

Jefferson, maybe. He’ll always have a chip, and I love that more than anything else that’s going on inside someone.

Chase not so much. He’s a big believer in himself, #1, and really looks after himself.

I believe Lamb is a good sport when on a winning team. He seems to have quite the workman’s demeanor on the field.

Coleman seems to be the best fit actually; however, he’s missing the given—top-tier talent. So he’s not the guy. So why draft him? To be your WR2, goal line threat, strong, physical, third down option. If that wasn’t known on draft day, it’s known now. Comparison—Coleman is nowhere near as complete a WR as Nico Collins and most likely never will be. I know I’m comparing four games to years in the league, but Coleman can’t run like Collins, and speed isn’t Collins’s forte.

I don’t think Thomas Jr. is physical enough, neither is Worthy. Legette might not be all there mentally, who knows..

Odunze should.

Wonder if Nabers could do this. To me, if he could, he’d be the most valuable WR in the league to the Bills. I think he’s sooo good.

Harrison Jr. for sure

These are some players that fit or don’t fit the profile. 

If we find this WR, we’d be wise to pay him for the right reasons. 

Josh distributes. That’s all he should be doing. But he’s a maniac and likes to run over big angry men, so he does that too. BTW, we are so lucky to have this guy JA17. He is almost there, in that Super Bowl winner type of way. I truly believe that. 

Sure. I understand. Why pay top dollar for a WR who is used as a decoy on plays, who can’t be selfish publicly or in the locker room? Those guys shouldn’t be expensive.. But our WR has to have top talent—that is used when it’s called upon. We need a guy that doesn’t mind skipping out on 120 rec, 1700 yds, 15 yds seasons,, in a dome, in the south or west, on a loser. Our guy should get paid what that guy gets paid with 90/1200/10, because he’s a playoff killer when called upon, and a team winner if not. He’s the WR who can internalize his top talent and fit it into JA17’s game, not have a desire to tell the world about it, creating bad vibes when he’s made to answer questions from $#!+ stirring reporters and former players about why he had 2/47 in a 35-7 win. 

Our WR should absolutely get paid based on his value IN JA17’s offense. We have to be smart. Our guy will be one of the highest paid WRs due to his personality and acceptance to the ways. On some plays, he’s a decoy and/or blocker. He cannot Moss’it and dog it out there. That won’t fit our team in any way. It will lead to locker room problems, coaches getting frustrated and fired, and fans complaining about everything from “We’re wasting a franchise WR talent! to JA17 sucks! to McDermott has to go! and we need a dome so our WR is happy!” So our guy needs to be a lunchpail guy. Our guy needs to be tough. The AFC East is traditionally tough. Not many pretty boys and gold chains on boats after spending 5+ years in Buffalo, NYC, and New England. (Miami never had a chance after P. Escobar [PE95 - my new favorite Dolphins legend who screwed up the entire city and football franchise with his big beautiful shipments of white powder into the wide open ports and landing strips of South Florida, bring glitz and glamour, drugs and crime, and a virus of weakness running through Dolphins’s players’ veins, and arteries—Thank you, Pablooo!!😆])

Since we are going for a Super Bowl WIN, the needs are always top-tier, and sometimes they’ll hit / sometimes not, but tightening the margins for each position group gets you to the top. So for WR, the need is a top talent WR, who can play IN the offense, not demand to BE the offensive. It’s Josh’s offensive (and I REALLY hope he takes the keys, puts them into the ignition starter keyhole, fires up the engine and drives this thing like it should be driven.. anyways.. it’s His offensive). So our WR has to acquiesce to JA17 ~always and forever~.—Not to himself, not a coach.. he answers to JA17 (and goddammit JA17 needs to be this guy NOW! He is, but he’s not.. quite, yet. I’m not complaining, just being real). 

So let’s be very specific about our WR need by using player personality profiles. -Top talent is a given-

A huge stat WR1 isn’t required. It’s nice to have, and on a good team, it can work—for a time. But the nature of a good team is to not force feed targets to a WR1 just to do it because you can. That will ruin a team. WE KNOW GOOD TEAMS SPREAD THE BALL. I know we know this, and I know we’re not looking for a numbers dominant WR1.

The Cowboys finally have their best #88–>an obsession with Crazy Jerry—>and they still stink!

Well, he currently has the best receiver in Cowboys history, and they are getting run over this season. What does it matter??

I’m going to talk up Lamb a little so if you just can’t stand the Cowboys, please. Lamb is awesome. 37 straight games with 4+ receptions. They got lucky as hell in the draft and the right guy fell to them. Jerry has ended up with a franchise quarterback, runningback, receiver, linemen (both sides), DB, Kicker… But the WR has always been his sweetheart. Michael Irvin must’ve been such an intimidating, wild stallion that Jerry could only admire that he needs to have an #88 forevermore. What a strange man.

To me this is especially hilarious because Jerry is so obsessed with having a top WR. 

((This is about a future Buffalo Bills receiver. Long read, and Padre @Simon will warn me when I agreeably suck, so until then, tick tick tick, maybe someone will read 🫠))

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Thrivefourfive said:

@Simon I’m in a bad mood with this Texans game, and my attitude ain’t right to be commenting in the game thread like a civilized person. Writing is my Bills Anger Outlet (BAO, if you wish). If you would ever so kindly not embarrass me by moving this due to being the length of a pamphlet until it achieves at least five eye roll emojis. THX ❤️

Right now, we’re in complimentary football mode. Need to accept this and max it out at all positions. Lots of fans scream, Score more points and it solves all problems! But going about doing that requires a top-tier talent WR, and we can’t have just any. 

Our WR is out there. We gotta get him. Accept that it’s going to cost, and he’s not going to lead the league in rec, yds, or touchdowns, and on paper he’ll be overpaid. 

Hypothetically getting Chase for one year could win a Super Bowl, but he’s a player I wouldn’t want to commit to long term. It will eventually go sideways. Just my opinion, and it could be dead wrong. 

St. Brown is. Cupp was. Aj Brown is. Metcalf is. Drake London appears to be. To me Olave, Pickens, G. Wilson are not top-tier talent. They can’t use their talent to dominate when the stakes are highest. So they become less of a decoy, an easier cover for a defensive, etc. 

Hill ain’t.

Adams could be—not a huge college star, played in GB.. but he’s old now. Back in the day,, the Bills drafting Devante Adam with 2.01 in the year 2024 would’ve been a heist. And Adams was no WR2. He’s the dawg.

Jefferson, maybe. He’ll always have a chip, and I love that more than anything else that’s going on inside someone.

Chase not so much. He’s a big believer in himself, #1, and really looks after himself.

I believe Lamb is a good sport when on a winning team. He seems to have quite the workman’s demeanor on the field.

Coleman seems to be the best fit actually; however, he’s missing the given—top-tier talent. So he’s not the guy. So why draft him? To be your WR2, goal line threat, strong, physical, third down option. If that wasn’t known on draft day, it’s known now. Comparison—Coleman is nowhere near as complete a WR as Nico Collins and most likely never will be. I know I’m comparing four games to years in the league, but Coleman can’t run like Collins, and speed isn’t Collins’s forte.

I don’t think Thomas Jr. is physical enough, neither is Worthy. Legette might not be all there mentally, who knows..

Odunze should.

Wonder if Nabers could do this. To me, if he could, he’d be the most valuable WR in the league to the Bills. I think he’s sooo good.

Harrison Jr. for sure

These are some players that fit or don’t fit the profile. 

If we find this WR, we’d be wise to pay him for the right reasons. 

Josh distributes. That’s all he should be doing. But he’s a maniac and likes to run over big angry men, so he does that too. BTW, we are so lucky to have this guy JA17. He is almost there, in that Super Bowl winner type of way. I truly believe that. 

Sure. I understand. Why pay top dollar for a WR who is used as a decoy on plays, who can’t be selfish publicly or in the locker room? Those guys shouldn’t be expensive.. But our WR has to have top talent—that is used when it’s called upon. We need a guy that doesn’t mind skipping out on 120 rec, 1700 yds, 15 yds seasons,, in a dome, in the south or west, on a loser. Our guy should get paid what that guy gets paid with 90/1200/10, because he’s a playoff killer when called upon, and a team winner if not. He’s the WR who can internalize his top talent and fit it into JA17’s game, not have a desire to tell the world about it, creating bad vibes when he’s made to answer questions from $#!+ stirring reporters and former players about why he had 2/47 in a 35-7 win. 

Our WR should absolutely get paid based on his value IN JA17’s offense. We have to be smart. Our guy will be one of the highest paid WRs due to his personality and acceptance to the ways. On some plays, he’s a decoy and/or blocker. He cannot Moss’it and dog it out there. That won’t fit our team in any way. It will lead to locker room problems, coaches getting frustrated and fired, and fans complaining about everything from “We’re wasting a franchise WR talent! to JA17 sucks! to McDermott has to go! and we need a dome so our WR is happy!” So our guy needs to be a lunchpail guy. Our guy needs to be tough. The AFC East is traditionally tough. Not many pretty boys and gold chains on boats after spending 5+ years in Buffalo, NYC, and New England. (Miami never had a chance after P. Escobar [PE95 - my new favorite Dolphins legend who screwed up the entire city and football franchise with his big beautiful shipments of white powder into the wide open ports and landing strips of South Florida, bring glitz and glamour, drugs and crime, and a virus of weakness running through Dolphins’s players’ veins, and arteries—Thank you, Pablooo!!😆])

Since we are going for a Super Bowl WIN, the needs are always top-tier, and sometimes they’ll hit / sometimes not, but tightening the margins for each position group gets you to the top. So for WR, the need is a top talent WR, who can play IN the offense, not demand to BE the offensive. It’s Josh’s offensive (and I REALLY hope he takes the keys, puts them into the ignition starter keyhole, fires up the engine and drives this thing like it should be driven.. anyways.. it’s His offensive). So our WR has to acquiesce to JA17 ~always and forever~.—Not to himself, not a coach.. he answers to JA17 (and goddammit JA17 needs to be this guy NOW! He is, but he’s not.. quite, yet. I’m not complaining, just being real). 

So let’s be very specific about our WR need by using player personality profiles. -Top talent is a given-

A huge stat WR1 isn’t required. It’s nice to have, and on a good team, it can work—for a time. But the nature of a good team is to not force feed targets to a WR1 just to do it because you can. That will ruin a team. WE KNOW GOOD TEAMS SPREAD THE BALL. I know we know this, and I know we’re not looking for a numbers dominant WR1.

The Cowboys finally have their best #88–>an obsession with Crazy Jerry—>and they still stink!

Well, he currently has the best receiver in Cowboys history, and they are getting run over this season. What does it matter??

I’m going to talk up Lamb a little so if you just can’t stand the Cowboys, please. Lamb is awesome. 37 straight games with 4+ receptions. They got lucky as hell in the draft and the right guy fell to them. Jerry has ended up with a franchise quarterback, runningback, receiver, linemen (both sides), DB, Kicker… But the WR has always been his sweetheart. Michael Irvin must’ve been such an intimidating, wild stallion that Jerry could only admire that he needs to have an #88 forevermore. What a strange man.

To me this is especially hilarious because Jerry is so obsessed with having a top WR. 

((This is about a future Buffalo Bills receiver. Long read, and Padre @Simon will warn me when I agreeably suck, so until then, tick tick tick, maybe someone will read 🫠))

I have read this half a dozen times.

I somehow understand it less than I did the first time.

As a famous man once said, "brevity is the soul of wit."

Edited by FireChans
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I have read this half a dozen times.

I somehow understand it less than I did the first time.

As a famous man once said, "brevity is the soul of wit."

Should I have not released it in reverse paragraph order from the original?

I asked chatGPT to summarize to 50 words or less:

The writer vents frustration over a football game, discussing the need for a specific type of wide receiver for the Bills. They emphasize the importance of finding a WR with top-tier talent, humility, and a willingness to play within Josh Allen’s system, even if it means sacrificing personal stats.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1