10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

Over what?   They were beat by a better team it seemed.   Somehow they were in it at the end. 

And crapped it away with bad coaching. Should have run it and made Texans use timeouts. Then punt. Instead they thought they were some high powered O and called 3 straight pass plays and blew it.

I don't know what to say, and I don't know what this team is. Are they trash? Are they sort of good? Are they better than what they have shown? They came back and made a game of it, so it gives me SOME hope, but the coaching and play calling has been bad, really bad. The "weapons" on offense are bad.

Just now, Success said:

You have maybe a 10% chance of scoring from your own 3 with no timeouts and 40 seconds.

McDermott just disrespected the whole team and the effort they made by not just kneeling there.

That, to me, is a fireable offense. That is terrible, terrible coaching.

10%?  How about 1%.  What were they thinking?

So today McD doesn't challenge the Kincaid catch along the sideline and then whatever the hell that was at the end of the game.  How long are we going to put up with this crap?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, gonzo1105 said:

Define what is playing for OT? Running the ball 3 times, so they can use their TOs. I suppose you can say if we made them use it then they wouldn’t have been able to call the TO there. 

Yes, then they don't have that time out for the quick throw and time out at the end. It was an egregious blunder by the coaches

• Like (+1) 1

Complain all you want about the end of game, but had the Bills gone run run run punt the result would've been the same. With Houston having all 3 timeouts and us pinned at the 4, we HAD to get a first down just to ensure overtime. 

There are PLENTY of things to complain about here, but the end of game is not one of them.

Edited by buffblue
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Herc11 said:

How the hell do you pass, pass, pass with 35 seconds left at their 3 yard line?!?!??

They were thinking get a first down and get this to overtime. Obviously flawed strategy. Three runs would have been three TOs used by Houston, they may not have gotten that last second FG with no timeouts.