10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

7 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The three passes at the end of the game is even more maddening when you consider that the Bills couldn’t complete a pass the entire game.  Brady really needs to be taken out behind the woodshed after film review today. 

They couldn’t run on obvious running downs at all too for the record haha not saying you’re wrong though 🤣.  I haven’t quite given up on the offense yet, I think SOME of it is the new guys not really knowing what Josh likes them to do on those scramble drill type plays yet which there were a lot of because of the oline play.  Samuel was wide open on one of those final three throws and Josh either completely missed him or thought he would sit and not continue running across the field.

there was an earlier play where Mack continued running across to the opposite side of where Josh scrambled to despite being wide open if he sat in the middle of the field 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They couldn’t run on obvious running downs at all too for the record haha not saying you’re wrong though 🤣.  I haven’t quite given up on the offense yet, I think SOME of it is the new guys not really knowing what Josh likes them to do on those scramble drill type plays yet which there were a lot of because of the oline play.  Samuel was wide open on one of those final three throws and Josh either completely missed him or thought he would sit and not continue running across the field.

there was an earlier play where Mack continued running across to the opposite side of where Josh scrambled to despite being wide open if he sat in the middle of the field 

If you’re talking about the last throw, Dawkins got bull rushed back into Allen immediately and he was hit as he threw. Probably complete with 0.25 more seconds to throw.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If you’re talking about the last throw, Dawkins got bull rushed back into Allen immediately and he was hit as he threw. Probably complete with 0.25 more seconds to throw.

Ah yea that was it…the throwing was not the right decision for sure but this notion that the Texans expected it so a run would’ve worked  is completely wrong imo. I think there’s a very good chance they stuff three runs for no gain or a loss.   

so we definitely did the wrong thing and I’m all for people being angry but I think the coaching staff overcorrected for the situation where we get stuffed, kick an average Martin punt from the end zone and lose without the Texans even needing to run a play before the fg. 

it’s definitely on the coach for not trusting the punter who ended up getting a good punt off at minimum any way you look at it because he did punt it well.  If they knew what the Texans drive start would be ahead of time there’s no way they pass 

35 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

The three passes at the end of the game is even more maddening when you consider that the Bills couldn’t complete a pass the entire game.  Brady really needs to be taken out behind the woodshed after film review today. 

It would've been one thing if they were high percentage throws.

Your QB is struggling mightily, just had his head bounced off the turf and looked like he was out for a second, then you're throwing like you're playing from behind from your own endzone.  Too many things can go wrong and I'm surprised they didn't.  Holding in the EZ, sack, tipped ball...just way more unnecessary risk.

Run twice, pickup a few yards, and who knows...maybe one breaks open for a first.  If not, run play action on 3rd down, roll him out, and either throw the short pass or have him run for the 1st.  Unfrickinbelievable what I was watching.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

Ugh. This place must be Hell to moderate after a loss.

Infrequent posters show up and start new threads full of vitriol--recycling each other's threads. Often, the editorial content they provide is mush, just lots of emotion.

6 minutes ago, boater said:

Ugh. This place must be Hell to moderate after a loss.

Infrequent posters show up and start new threads full of vitriol--recycling each other's threads. Often, the editorial content they provide is mush, just lots of emotion.

I agree, but, to be fair, they kind of have a point after the showing over the past two games wouldn’t you say?

28 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Any stat heads out there know what the opposing teams fg percentage is on us from 59+ lol the last three I can remember were the eagles 59 yarder last year and the chiefs 62 yarder a couple years back all makes 

I thought about this yesterday too.  And then watched as Cincinnati flubbed their game winning kick.  Like why doesn't anyone flub a huge FG vs Buffalo?  Good grief.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

I agree, but, to be fair, they kind of have a point after the showing over the past two games wouldn’t you say?

I guess I am more patient and tolerant of the Bills missteps these last two games.

In August, I mentally prepared myself for a 10-7 or 9-8 season, so the recent losses don't jar my emotions. All is proceeding as I expected.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Blank Stare said:

Ravens game yea I’d say…Texans all those overly negative posters said we’d get destroyed and I think the hyperbole is a bit out of control lol. 

there were a few interesting silver linings in this one where I think we actually might make a move at wr so everyone might win after that one 🤣. Dewayne Carter looks like an absolute stud, Javon Solomon looks good, I think the ceiling for this defense is very high once taron is back where we actually could go on a run if we got a receiver.

the ravens game felt pretty hopeless because the defense looked so bad too where I don’t think we’d even bother giving up future assets to plug one hole 

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Any stat heads out there know what the opposing teams fg percentage is on us from 59+ lol the last three I can remember were the eagles 59 yarder last year and the chiefs 62 yarder a couple years back all makes 

Oh, it’s outrageous. Every big moment kick against the Bills from deep is a no doubter. No only was yesterdays 59 yarder perfect, prob would have been good from 90 haha

only big kick that has been missed against us the last few years was vs Denver and I don’t need to rehash the rest of alllll that

Edited by Bills of Boston
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills of Boston said:

Oh, it’s outrageous. Every big moment kick against the Bills from deep is a no doubter. No only was yesterdays 59 yarder perfect, prob would have been good from 90 haha

Yea if it just squeaked through I’d probably be a little more upset with the passing decision haha…I really think fairbairn was hitting from wherever Martin punted the ball to plus the return 99% of the time no matter what we did 

its a small miracle their drive started where it did 

17 hours ago, balln said:

What was our formation. Let me guess single back shotgun with Ty Johnson ? They need to get under center more. And run play action. Then run play action boot. Then run reverse off that. It’s really not that hard. What was the shavers 5 WR thing at the end last two possessions? Why did we decide to go with that at the end of the game. 

I am with you.

That is the hard part. So much of it seems obvious yet they do some just odd stuff. We are down WR's and we are going 5 wide to the point that Shavers is out there? No focus on getting the ball to guys like Cook or Kincaid instead its to Hollins, Shavers, etc. Get Allen rolling out with some crossing routes etc. More playaction. Its like Brady thinks he can just run practice plays and they will work against nfl d's.  

Another ######ed clock management loss...

McD is just not very smart. 

Not accepting the 10 second runoff indicated the extreme stupidity to follow...I just couldn't believe he could be that stupid....once again he proves me wrong. That was embarrassing

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, thenorthremembers said:

He put too much air on the pass to Hollins and not enough on the pass to Kincaid.  The wideout/TE had enough separation on both passes to be touchdowns.   Allen missed on both.  

I'm gonna disagree with this.  The bomb to Hopkins would have been fine if Hollins knew where the ball was. It hit him in the hands.  The one to Hollns on 2nd down from the 3 was horrendous.