10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

4 hours ago, BananaB said:

Lmao…. He’s forcing balls because no one is getting open. He’s gotta play perfect and there is a lack of trust in just about everything Beane has put around him at this point. If your 5 weeks into the season and your O looks like it’s falling apart instead of starting to come together there is a problem with players, OC and QB. At this point the only guy we know can play is Josh and cook so you might want to start looking around what’s left. 

Josh was bad yesterday but supporting cast is making his job harder than it needs to be. 

Let’s add stupid coaching decisions at critical points at the end of games 

• Agree 1

I worry a little about Josh taking responsibility and saying that it's on him.

The truth is it isn't. And it isn't going to help his mentality being so magnanimous. 

It makes him a fantastic human being, and a noble leader, but it won't put rings on his fingers. 

That one wasn't on him. It might be his worst game for us. But it wasn't on him. And he should be getting a bit more demanding. 

Aaron Rodgers doesn't shoulder repsonsibility for a game like that. He'd say the guys around him need to get good quick. 

Our guys need to get good quick. Josh is already good. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Now that I've had time to sleep on this game, here's a few thoughts and frustrations. I'm fine with the bills throwing at the end, really don't think it would've made a difference. However, if you're gonna throw, why not take some deep shots? I mean doesn't kc live off this? You throw deep and maybe get a pi call, and all of a sudden they're in fg range. Throwing 10 yard passes at your goal line does absolutely nothing. Brady needs to get more creative. Our recievers are 3 and 4 depth recievers. Don't need to run trick plays, but have to do something to create some space. Maybe more motion, some slants etc. Gotta stop with the 1 yard screens to Samuel. 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, <bills4life> said:

Let’s add stupid coaching decisions at critical points at the end of games 

Problem is Sean just finds new and unimaginable ways to blunder at the most critical imes and will for sure do it again.

This game bothered me even more than any other, even more than 13 seconds. 

When he called the 1st of 2 defensive timeouts I immediately felt he just lost the game and would give the Texans a gift FG shot for the win with 4 or 5 seconds by his lack of time mismanagement skills. And then 3 pass plays from the 3 sent me over the edge. All these seasons and it's still rookie HC mistakes.

Edited by All_Pro_Bills
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, Skyline Chili said:

If we can somehow beat the Jets, this gauntlet of road games is a success.  Glass is half full thinking on my end 

True but the Bills appear to be in collapse now.  Bradys play calling is child like in is simplicity, and the Jets have a strong D.  They're just going to pin their ears back and come at Josh every play. Run run pass punt repeat for 4 quarters but hey it's complimentary football and that's what really matters

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

From my perspective, Josh looked uninterested the entire game. I could tell early by his eyes that this was gonna be a long/bad day. Not Joe Ferguson-like disgusted, just ambivalent. He never snapped out of it including his post game presser. It’s rare, but when he’s like this, Sean needs to chew him out/slap the sh!+ outta him.

Don’t care if I receive flak for this. I’ve seen it enough to know when his head just isn’t into it.🤷‍♂️

Gotta stay low positive you know ??!?!??!

3 minutes ago, dorquemada said:

True but the Bills appear to be in collapse now.  Bradys play calling is child like in is simplicity, and the Jets have a strong D.  They're just going to pin their ears back and come at Josh every play. Run run pass punt repeat for 4 quarters but hey it's complimentary football and that's what really matters

I’m thinking that’s exactly what McD wants. He like the no turnovers

Edited by BananaB

12 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m thinking that’s exactly what McD wants. He like the no turnovers

That's a good point.  McD seems much more driven by philosophical notion than simply doing what it takes to win.  That's this whole process mantra, like you can boil human behavior and performance down to a few metrics, focus on those, and through the magic of complimentary football you somehow overcome all other obstacles. 

That's a long way of saying that we've seen McD's peak, and it is behind us.  We're going to waste a generational talent on a set of theories that have already proven to be inadequate in the NFL to take the next step.  Worse even than that is that we now have a team that's boring to watch, and every single one of us knew that when we flubbed the turnover and only got 3 points that the Bills were going to lose the game.  In fact if I didnt have guests at my house for the game I would have gone outside at the half and enjoyed the day.  We spend the rest of the year waiting for these games then the product on the field is amateurish,  predictable, and boring. I don't know who needs to get benched or fired but we're staring down the barrel of a sub .500 season right now, with zero historical indication that McD has the ability to change course. 

95w2w1.thumb.jpg.12e2aace396e7ee407fbfcc491a457dc.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

From my perspective, Josh looked uninterested the entire game. I could tell early by his eyes that this was gonna be a long/bad day. Not Joe Ferguson-like disgusted, just ambivalent. He never snapped out of it including his post game presser. It’s rare, but when he’s like this, Sean needs to chew him out/slap the sh!+ outta him.

It would be something to see him chew out his teammates when they screw up, run bad routes, not track the ball, etc..  A little Brady wouldn't hurt.  He's all love with these guys in the pre and post game pressers.

The man really enjoys football and competition but I did have a weird premonition that he would suddenly walk away from the game.  Maybe he will get frustrated, hurt and  say to himself, I don't need this any more...i can play golf and live in SoCal with my girlfriend.

I didn't see the Bills being in the mix to win the SB this year,,, too many new and young guys.  I certainly didn't think the WRs would be this ineffective.  For 2025 I expect a much better team around Josh.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, &lt;bills4life&gt; said:

Josh has always held himself accountable. It’s about time he starts demanding it from his coaching staff and teammates. I know manning and Brady did. The franchise begins and ends through him. 

Couldn’t agree more.

although,

if, and / or when he starts to call out other people, which he should, even in a roundabout way, it won’t be a good sign in terms of his longevity here.

10 minutes ago, zow2 said:

I didn't see the Bills being in the mix to win the SB this year,,, too many new and young guys.  I certainly didn't think the WRs would be this ineffective.  For 2025 I expect a much better team around Josh.

Yeah I think we all knew the reality that they are lacking talent on O and the O-Line who looked good for a few games now have regressed to their historical mean.  I'm not that enthusiastic about 2025 in that Beane will do what he always does; ignore WR, overdraft high motor DL, maybe some defensive backfield players bc I'm sure McD is nagging him 24x7 about that, and we're back in the hype cycle.  They'll quietly get better and be a .500 team

1 hour ago, Danger Mouse said:

I worry a little about Josh taking responsibility and saying that it's on him.

The truth is it isn't. And it isn't going to help his mentality being so magnanimous. 

It makes him a fantastic human being, and a noble leader, but it won't put rings on his fingers. 

That one wasn't on him. It might be his worst game for us. But it wasn't on him. And he should be getting a bit more demanding. 

Aaron Rodgers doesn't shoulder repsonsibility for a game like that. He'd say the guys around him need to get good quick. 

Our guys need to get good quick. Josh is already good. 

You said it your self it was his worst game as a pro. How in the world is it not on him. His decision making in the first half put the team in a hole. Josh was a major part of the issues yesterday. Yes the receivers let him down at times but it’s not all on them. People need to stop thinking he’s perfect and can’t do any wrong. He’s an extremely talented but flawed QB. 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

1 hour ago, Steptide said:

Now that I've had time to sleep on this game, here's a few thoughts and frustrations. I'm fine with the bills throwing at the end, really don't think it would've made a difference. However, if you're gonna throw, why not take some deep shots? I mean doesn't kc live off this? You throw deep and maybe get a pi call, and all of a sudden they're in fg range. Throwing 10 yard passes at your goal line does absolutely nothing. Brady needs to get more creative. Our recievers are 3 and 4 depth recievers. Don't need to run trick plays, but have to do something to create some space. Maybe more motion, some slants etc. Gotta stop with the 1 yard screens to Samuel. 

Then you're fine with us pissing away the game. He was 9-30 for the love of God. Running was a no brainer there. At a minimum some high percentage in bound plays that would chew the clock. Even if Josh got the calls he needed to just audible and run.

Trying to score there wasn't aggressive. It was dumb. 

It should have been runs then maybe take some mild form of shot in bounds. Moving the sticks once gives us OT with some momentum. 

There was no scenario that didn't involve us going to OT, apart from blowing it and losing. 

15 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Had to go to work, but just saw the box score... How was Allen 9/30 for 131 yards? 

That's abysmal, like completely horrendous. 

Crazy that there was even a chance to go to OT at that point, which of course poor coaching ruined anyway. 

To be fair to Josh, a ton of drops. Within this game there was a dozen laser accurate passes that were bobbled, dropped or just off by a hair. 

There were also a healthy amount of balls that were off, but catchable. Frankly, Josh had only about a handful of bad throws. 

It was a really bad day for the WRs/ TEs. 

Edited by RichRiderBills

McD just can't seem to make the right decisions. His heart is to make us happy and win, but he chooses this moment to try to be Andy Reid during the 13 seconds game and march 60 yards in 30 seconds with no timeouts with a putrid passing offense and a concussed quarterback playing from his own 3 yard line. Situational awareness bro. You have to have that sixth sense and know when to be aggressive, and when to pack it in. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1