10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

5 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s amazing is that that Fairburn 59-years FG would have easily been good from 65 yards. 

does any kicker ever miss a GW attempt against us? Ever?

Nobody ever misses. They would be good from 80 when magically an Eagle flew into the stadium, grabbed the ball with his talons in mid-air and glided down the field flying between the uprights. And with Bass now, we're praying on PAT's.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Success said:

It's that last series.  It shocked me.  I really didn't get it.

I get going for the throws and actually kind of like the aggressiveness. The play calls and kinds of throws on the other hand were terrible. Do more easy quick short yardage.

You have josh Allen you should be able to throw instead of run (short/quick) to get the Texans to use timeouts and still at the same time go for the regulation win 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Maybe *you* should do some research, bud.

What's crazy is that Stroud had a game almost as bad as Allen if you look at their relative play and the impact on the game.

Bills had 2 TD drives, Texans had 2 TD drives.

Bills:
First TD drive - Biggest play was a nice intermediate pass to Kincaid. RB punched it in.
Second TD drive - Single big play to Coleman

Texans:
First TD drive - Biggest play was a RB screen. RB ran it in untouched.
Second TD drive - Single big play to Collins

Both teams even had cheesy FG drives where neither offense did any driving. Bills off the turnover, and Texans at the end of the game.

And Stroud had 3 big mistakes - a bad pick, a bad fumble, and intentional grounding to knock them out of FG range at the end of the game. Allen didn't really have any big mistakes, the offense just had trouble moving the ball all day. Allen easily could have started forcing things leading to turnovers and eliminating the chance of a comeback at the end.

One thing I'm super-grateful for tonight - when Josh was down on the ground there, and they showed the replay, it was easy to think the worst.  

When he came running out & putting his helmet back on, it was such a huge sigh of relief.  The season is still on.

• Like (+1) 3

24 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s amazing is that that Fairburn 59-years FG would have easily been good from 65 yards. 

does any kicker ever miss a GW attempt against us? Ever?

Denver missed last year ....................

• Angry 1

8 minutes ago, zow2 said:

The Bills have won so much in recent years we haven’t worked up many revenge games.  We now have the Ravens and Texans right where we want em, if we see them in the playoffs.  Thats my glass half full approach 

We can beat the Texans.  I think we match up badly against the ravens.  King Henry has killed us

8 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

What's crazy is that Stroud had a game almost as bad as Allen if you look at their relative play and the impact on the game.

Bills had 2 TD drives, Texans had 2 TD drives.

Bills:
First TD drive - Biggest play was a nice intermediate pass to Kincaid. RB punched it in.
Second TD drive - Single big play to Coleman

Texans:
First TD drive - Biggest play was a RB screen. RB ran it in untouched.
Second TD drive - Single big play to Collins

Both teams even had cheesy FG drives where neither offense did any driving. Bills off the turnover, and Texans at the end of the game.

And Stroud had 3 big mistakes - a bad pick, a bad fumble, and intentional grounding to knock them out of FG range at the end of the game. Allen didn't really have any big mistakes, the offense just had trouble moving the ball all day. Allen easily could have started forcing things leading to turnovers and eliminating the chance of a comeback at the end.

Dear God I can't believe how badly the stat line is for Allen. He dropped from being 2nd in completion % 2weeks ago at 75%, to 60% after today.

3 minutes ago, Joe Ferguson forever said:

Who would he hire instead.  McD os top 10 and would be offered another job immediately.

Let them have him.  We have Marty Schottenheimer and Marvin Lewis all combined into one.  There comes a point and time when you have to realize this coach isn't going to take you any further. Is "just making the playoffs" enough for everyone?  Not for me.  I want a coach that can improve this team, we have stagnated, we are spinning our wheels in purgatory. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, SoonerBillsFan said:

Let them have him.  We have Marty Schottenheimer and Marvin Lewis all combined into one.  There comes a point and time when you have to realize this coach isn't going to take you any further. Is "just making the playoffs" enough for everyone?  Not for me.  I want a coach that can improve this team, we have stagnated, we are spinning our wheels in purgatory. 

respectfully disagree.  We've been excellent for 4 (5) year.  The Chiefs were better and got some breaks.  This year I don't think we have the horses.  Making the playoffs will be great.  And the SB?  We lost to a Giants team with less talent.  Go Bills!

Joe Brady cannot call plays. Countless run plays on first down. No creativity with the passing downs. It’s pathetic that they couldn’t capitalize after Stroub fumble

and being on the 15 yard line. Then the receivers are pretty much average at best.  Bills will probably sneak into playoffs due to weak division but that’s it.