10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

11 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Not a fan of McDermott by any stretch of the imagination but I am shocked that he is getting so much flack for this game of all games

It's that last series.  It shocked me.  I really didn't get it.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

37 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

One of my favorite plays of the game was watching Allen roll right look to the end zone and see every wideout had finished their route and just standing there.   

Samuel ended up being the intended reciever but had given up instead of moving back to the ball.  When he saw the ball coming his way he woke up and tried to move but the ball was bad and the effort had already stunk.

Allen is now at 61% completion in games with Dorsey as a offensive coordinator.  Has only 2 300 yards games in the last 12.   They suck on offense and it's not just personnel.

Yup. League has basically a full year on Brady with playoffs. It’s over. They’re just not multiple enough. They have two running plays. They have 2 pass plays each to combat man vs zone. And they try every single time to max protect when they think they’ll get pressure. And even mess that up. 

• Agree 1

Cannot think of any way to defend McD giving Houston the game at the end there. 

Thank God we have an insane amount of assets this coming offseason because I don’t see Beane making a move for a WR this season. 

Tough timing to play for the division lead and to keep our AFC record above .500 at the Jets on MNF.

12 minutes ago, Cheektowaga Chad said:

Not a fan of McDermott by any stretch of the imagination but I am shocked that he is getting so much flack for this game of all games

It's because he's added yet another legacy bad coaching loss to his already extensive resume. His brand is: can't finish off the other team when he has the opportunity, letting lesser teams hang around for white knuckle finishes, choking when a game is on the line and losing to elite teams in playoffs. He's led us up to the summit but will never get us over it.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Success said:

It's that last series.  It shocked me.  I really didn't get it.

It was more than that for me... The 1st half sleep walking thing in 3 of our 1st 5 games is squarely on him IMHO... The team is not ready... His game plans suck on both sides of the ball... His 3rd down Defense has been bad for more than a year now...19th last year, 23rd so far this year... 

He's just not good enough...

1 minute ago, KOKBILLS said:

It was more than that for me... The 1st half sleep walking thing in 3 of our 1st 5 games is squarely on him IMHO... The team is not ready... His game plans suck on both sides of the ball... His 3rd down Defense has been bad for more than a year now...19th last year, 23rd so far this year... 

He's just not good enough...

I feel like it’s been bad since the late ‘90s… lol

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Green Lightning said:

It's because he's added yet another legacy bad coaching loss to his already extensive resume. His brand is: can't finish off the other team when he has the opportunity, letting lesser teams hang around for white knuckle finishes, choking when a game is on the line and losing to elite teams in playoffs. He's led us up to the summit but will never get us over it.

And to me. The MOST dangerous part is. He and his coaches will just BELIEVE and WORK HARD to get it fixed. You see it’s all “the BELIEF in the people in this room and organiztion.” They will have FAITH. 

like I want blood thirsty x and O out scheme / out chess move the other coach opponent. And to do that I think you need to be really self critical and realize this WAY may not be the right way. 

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s amazing is that that Fairburn 59-years FG would have easily been good from 65 yards. 

does any kicker ever miss a GW attempt against us? Ever?

there was that one back in the early 2000s, I think.  Remember that one?

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

what’s amazing is that that Fairburn 59-years FG would have easily been good from 65 yards. 

does any kicker ever miss a GW attempt against us? Ever?

Yes, when we have 12 men in the field 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, The Helmet of said:

Game ball for Dawson Knox?

He will never get a game ball in a Bills uniform again. I’m not the biggest Knox fan but I can’t blame him or Samuel for not getting targets that’s on Brady. 

The Bills have won so much in recent years we haven’t worked up many revenge games.  We now have the Ravens and Texans right where we want em, if we see them in the playoffs.  Thats my glass half full approach