10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

20 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen was asked why he didn't throw to the open running backs all game. The truth, of course, is because he's still an immature idiot who was trying to impress Stefon Diggs instead of taking what was open. In the end he's humiliated with a 9-for-30 performance, the worst completion percentage in modern NFL history. Deserves it

Worst completion % in modern NFL history? Really? Funny how you just make shlt up.

you may wan to do some research on this

2 hours ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Can josh even throw it to a big name wr if we bring one in, etc.  no accuracy over 20 yards.  He def could work on his aired out deep balls but the dude stripes throws in the 20,30 yard range all the time 

he’s had a few tough games but your post went too far imo 

Yes, he can.  When we had a good receiver group Josh was ripping them all over the field. Not only do our receivers suck but we also have a terrible offensive system. Are you telling me that we cant get a guy the ball past the LoS that regularly got 600-800 yards per season with bad QBs?  This game I think looks different with Shakir in the lineup but there is no excuse for not being able to use some of the other guys somehow.  No they aint #1s but they have gotten yards before.  We only know how to throw to the LoS all of a sudden?

Josh might have been off but not all those incompletions were his fault either.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Another McDermott signature loss. Situational football is just a joke, again, for the millionth time.

The defense made some huge plays, so respect where it's due. 

The offense stank, but I will argue it's not the scheme, it's the personnel. Mack Hollins should never see the field as an offensive player again, he was atrocious. Curtis Samuel either isn't putting in any effort or he's massively hindered from turf toe or something. MVS is trash. 

Cook is good.

Coleman is fine for a rookie. I expect him to improve.

Beane, go get Adams right now. Get Amari Cooper. Get DK Metcalf. Get two of them if you can. Screw the picks. It's absurd this is the product you're trotting out there with Josh Allen as your QB.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Tell me why.  I mean I agree at the moment he's better,  but I want to hear why you think that he's "way" better.

Devante Adams was first team all pro with the Raiders with David Carr throwing him the ball in 2022 much less what Rogers and him did. Adams runs the complete route tree he solves a deep threat and underneath guy. Diggs does certain things well but he is not the complete receiver. Let me ask you when was the last time you saw Diggs make a contested catch? Thats not his game. 

I just heard all of McDermott's comments.

I still think that last series was a disaster - but at least I understand where he was coming from.  I don't know; at least it wasn't throwing darts at a wall?  I'm trying here.

One of my favorite plays of the game was watching Allen roll right look to the end zone and see every wideout had finished their route and just standing there.   

Samuel ended up being the intended reciever but had given up instead of moving back to the ball.  When he saw the ball coming his way he woke up and tried to move but the ball was bad and the effort had already stunk.

Allen is now at 61% completion in games with Dorsey as a offensive coordinator.  Has only 2 300 yards games in the last 12.   They suck on offense and it's not just personnel.

1 minute ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Devante Adams was first team all pro with the Raiders with David Carr throwing him the ball in 2022 much less what Rogers and him did. Adams runs the complete route tree he solves a deep threat and underneath guy. Diggs does certain things well but he is not the complete receiver. Let me ask you when was the last time you saw Diggs make a contested catch? Thats not his game. 

How is Adams a deep threat?  Every thing else I agree with.  He's certainly light years better than anyone we have.  I'm going to put on my flame suit and say we should have signed Mooney instead of Samuels.  

12 minutes ago, Bruffalo said:

Another McDermott signature loss. Situational football is just a joke, again, for the millionth time.

The defense made some huge plays, so respect where it's due. 

The offense stank, but I will argue it's not the scheme, it's the personnel. Mack Hollins should never see the field as an offensive player again, he was atrocious. Curtis Samuel either isn't putting in any effort or he's massively hindered from turf toe or something. MVS is trash. 

Cook is good.

Coleman is fine for a rookie. I expect him to improve.

Beane, go get Adams right now. Get Amari Cooper. Get DK Metcalf. Get two of them if you can. Screw the picks. It's absurd this is the product you're trotting out there with Josh Allen as your QB.

This can't be said enough, which is why I'm quoting it

Enough with this BS where we aren't doing everything in our power every year while we have Josh F'ing Allen leading our team

Go get him Davante Adams immediately 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, jcamm1966 said:

Problem is panic sets in close games over and over it's a trend now

Yup. They’ve been garbage in close / come from behind games against quality opponents. Since…… regular season game at Baltimore a few years ago.

25 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Yes, he can.  When we had a good receiver group Josh was ripping them all over the field. Not only do our receivers suck but we also have a terrible offensive system. Are you telling me that we cant get a guy the ball past the LoS that regularly got 600-800 yards per season with bad QBs?  This game I think looks different with Shakir in the lineup but there is no excuse for not being able to use some of the other guys somehow.  No they aint #1s but they have gotten yards before.  We only know how to throw to the LoS all of a sudden?

Josh might have been off but not all those incompletions were his fault either.

Oh yea I was responding to a poster asking which of his comments i thought were exaggerations haha I should’ve put them in quotes 

• Like (+1) 1

Hate to say it but no high hopes this year. People said with this Beane/mcdermott train we will be making the playoffs but not much further than that.

I believe that (coaching staff) probably realizing there team isn’t that good nor talented as oppose to what they thought in training camp because Josh probably did Josh things without contact.

something’s gotta change, you have an allstar qb and a damn good rb. Suppose to surround the O with weapons such as every basketball team or sporting team tries to do.

defense stinks and will be an issue so stop drumming at draft players that have no impact. Improve offense then go from there.

3 minutes ago, Brian3488 said:

Hate to say it but no high hopes this year. People said with this Beane/mcdermott train we will be making the playoffs but not much further than that.

I believe that (coaching staff) probably realizing there team isn’t that good nor talented as oppose to what they thought in training camp because Josh probably did Josh things without contact.

something’s gotta change, you have an allstar qb and a damn good rb. Suppose to surround the O with weapons such as every basketball team or sporting team tries to do.

defense stinks and will be an issue so stop drumming at draft players that have no impact. Improve offense then go from there.

will you be saying this when we are 8-2 and going into the chiefs game? Because that is highly likely. Keep the faith! 

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

One of my favorite plays of the game was watching Allen roll right look to the end zone and see every wideout had finished their route and just standing there.   

Samuel ended up being the intended reciever but had given up instead of moving back to the ball.  When he saw the ball coming his way he woke up and tried to move but the ball was bad and the effort had already stunk.

Allen is now at 61% completion in games with Dorsey as a offensive coordinator.  Has only 2 300 yards games in the last 12.   They suck on offense and it's not just personnel.

Dorsey isn't the coordinator.   Lay off the booze

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Mark Vader said:

I blame that on coaching too. Samuel is a good receiver, and we almost never throw to him downfield.

The Bills had a golden opportunity to take the lead after Stroud's fumble, but poor play calling made us settle for 3.

Our receivers kept running deep routes, making it difficult to sustain drives today.

The last offensive series was an absolute offense to all Bills fans.

I've stuck with and defended Sean McDermott since he's been here.....not anymore. Coaching is a major issue with the Bills after watching these past two games.

I just don’t even see route running. It’s all straight line go routes. Or one cut. They’re all at the same depth and running into each other it seems 

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Maine-iac said:

Take away one Kincaid catch and Coleman's catch and run and 30 passes with almost nothing to show for it.

If you take away those 2 and one to cook and to Hollins, JA was 4 of 25 for 11 yards

1 hour ago, Process said:

I went through the play by play and came up with 19/25 first down plays being runs. I went through it quick though and could be off slightly.

Anyone have data on what the % is league wide for run vs pass on first down?

Do you have the stats for what was called on 2nd down after the runs. 

It seemed like the old days of Run Run Pass Punt

1 hour ago, ngbills said:

Go watch the last bills series again. On 1st HOU dropped back 6 guys. There were were 4 DL s d only one LB in the box. Don’t give me the the HOU was playing the run. 2nd the rushed 4 and dropped back 7. Again the lb’s were playing back. Did the same on 3rd. We could have easily ran on those fronts. 

What was our formation. Let me guess single back shotgun with Ty Johnson ? They need to get under center more. And run play action. Then run play action boot. Then run reverse off that. It’s really not that hard. What was the shavers 5 WR thing at the end last two possessions? Why did we decide to go with that at the end of the game.