10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

If Collins finishes this game, we get smoked. We were lucky to be in it till end and still managed to sh!t the bed. 

All we do is play the injury card over and over , some teams overcome it some don't

• Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

They playcalling on the last drive was some of the worst strategy I've ever seen, and cost us a chance.

But, I think we have (for the most part) lost sight of how gutty the comeback was.  Felt like that game was over - but we really fought back and made a game of it, and probably should have won or at least had a chance to.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Success said:

They playcalling on the last drive was some of the worst strategy I've ever seen, and cost us a chance.

But, I think we have (for the most part) lost sight of how gutty the comeback was.  Felt like that game was over - but we really fought back and made a game of it, and probably should have won or at least had a chance to.

I mean let's be honest the comeback was more about the Texans choking than anything the bills did. CJ Stroud is the most overrated player in the league and it's probably by a wide margin. The Bills punted on 3 of their final 4 drives and the one they didn't was the one that started at the 15 and gained 0 yards. 

• Like (+1) 1

Allen was asked why he didn't throw to the open running backs all game. The truth, of course, is because he's still an immature idiot who was trying to impress Stefon Diggs instead of taking what was open. In the end he's humiliated with a 9-for-30 performance, the worst completion percentage in modern NFL history. Deserves it

• Vomit 1
  • Disagree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

2 minutes ago, Process said:

I mean let's be honest the comeback was more about the Texans choking than anything the bills did. CJ Stroud is the most overrated player in the league and it's probably by a wide margin. The Bills punted on 3 of their final 4 drives and the one they didn't was the one that started at the 15 and gained 0 yards. 

That’s the key right there.

1 minute ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Allen was asked why he didn't throw to the open running backs all game. The truth, of course, is because he's still an immature idiot who was trying to impress Stefon Diggs instead of taking what was open. In the end he's humiliated with a 9-for-30 performance, the worst completion percentage in modern NFL history. Deserves it

Immature idiot?? Go cry to mommy so you feel better. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

6 minutes ago, jcamm1966 said:

We have to accept this is who we are , ownership is happy with one and done playoff games

Wouldn’t be so sure about that. Last one and done was JA’s 2nd season. Haven’t reached AFCC since 2020 season though. Patience may run out in the near future. We don’t even look like a playoff team at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

Open running backs? I highly doubt Houston was giving him a lot of easy check downs.

Houston plays a lot of cover 1, man coverage, single high safety 

So usually the game plan to beat that is to throw outside the numbers.

Josh was off today, and the receivers couldn't separate.

I doubt it's because he was ignoring a ton of easy check downs based on how Houston plays defence and based on the blueprint that's out against the bills offence. (Make the receivers win outside)

Edited by BillsFan130
  • Like (+1) 2

Why do we always have to hit rock bottom before turning it around?

EVERY season.  And it is always after a great start to the season as well.

And as bad as this one looked, I hate to say, this wasn't rock bottom folks.

Losing to the Jets, however, that probably would be.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ShakAttack said:

Why do we always have to hit rock bottom before turning it around?

EVERY season.  And it is always after a great start to the season as well.

And as bad as this one looked, I hate to say, this wasn't rock bottom folks.

Losing to the Jets, however, that probably would be.

I think they’ll eke out a close, low-scoring win vs the Jets.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, vincec said:

I like it, however, that would entail we have learned how to win close games at the end as well.  Were not able to do it in the Jets game last season, and the end of today's close game was not a good look.  Hopefully you are right because that is going to be essential at some point.  Can't rely on only winning games when we blowout our opponent.

6 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think we'll see offensive play calling so conservative next week that it would make the GOP blush. It's going to be Jauron-ball, and I also think we win a low scoring affair.

• Haha (+1) 1

I don’t even know where to begin. I think the 3-0 start against garbage teams gave us an inflated sense of how good this team could be.

I’m off the McD train. It’s not going to happen, but it’s time for a change. We need a new philosophy. I trusted the process for 8 years and he continues to come up short when the game gets tight. This was the worst case of coaching malpractice since 13 seconds. 

Everybody eats is a failure. Diggs was right. We need a #1 WR and I’d rather Josh throw a bunch of picks and 4 TDs a game than this garbage offense we are seeing now. Where are all the clowns who were worried Brady was going to be 1 and done and get a head coaching job after this season? He’s in over his head. 

Our offensive line is offensive. We are wasting Josh’s prime years. If Collins stays in this game we get blown out. I know this year was supposed to be a step back but we are losing games because of a lack of talent and lack of good coaching. 

Bean isn’t blameless. Samuel is a bust, Hollis is a bust, Keon right now is meh, Kincaid is meh, Knox sucks, MVS sucks, Torrance has regressed. 

It’s pizza night and I’m not even hungry. McD ruined pizza night with his pathetic coaching and that’s unforgivable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1