10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Some forget that the Bills have been playing with back ups on defense.  The game is more mental than we realize.  Mental errors were evident the past two weeks.  Offense is not picking up the blitz.  There are no easy bread and butter plays for Allen.  Allen had a bad game throwing. Brady and his game plan is baffling.   The TEs are being wasted as is Samuel.  Aggravating to watch this team.   Most maddening part is as bad as they played they could have won this game.  

4 minutes ago, Best Williams Available said:

Take the middle of the field away and Bills WRs can’t win and now every team knows this. Is true whether Shakir plays or not. Have to rethink the passing O or get new WRs (the latter being too hard).

Just my two cents but this is when you send the TE's down the seams (Allen missed on this) or when Shakir is back he's the swiss army knife.  He can play inside or out and he frequently catches a few short but then sneaks behind the coverage a couple times a game.  Someone outside needs to hit on the Evans type sail routes or some deep posts.  If they are sitting in two deep Cook and Kincaid should be eating teams alive.  Really it's Kincaid who's been the most disappointing.

• Like (+1) 1

Go watch the last bills series again. On 1st HOU dropped back 6 guys. There were were 4 DL s d only one LB in the box. Don’t give me the the HOU was playing the run. 2nd the rushed 4 and dropped back 7. Again the lb’s were playing back. Did the same on 3rd. We could have easily ran on those fronts. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Nitro said:

Some forget that the Bills have been playing with back ups on defense.  The game is more mental than we realize.  Mental errors were evident the past two weeks.  Offense is not picking up the blitz.  There are no easy bread and butter plays for Allen.  Allen had a bad game throwing. Brady and his game plan is baffling.   The TEs are being wasted as is Samuel.  Aggravating to watch this team.   Most maddening part is as bad as they played they could have won this game.  

Yep. If they’d have managed to pull off the win , they’d be Kansas City. 

14 minutes ago, Process said:

I went through the play by play and came up with 19/25 first down plays being runs. I went through it quick though and could be off slightly.

Anyone have data on what the % is league wide for run vs pass on first down?

That’s a ridiculous amount. Got to question the brains behind this operation. If it’s supposed to be helping with the passing game, that ain’t happening.

Edited by Meatloaf63

30 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

looked more like passes defended than flat out drops.

There were some good breakups for sure, but at least 5 or 6 that should have been caught. Hollins had at least 2, Kincaid had 2. Coleman had the one hit him in the back of the head when he wasn't ready to get the ball. Samuel is a non-entity out there. 

19 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Kincaid bobbled it as he went down.  He got his feet in but on the ground out of bounds he was bobbling the catch.

I feel like everyone and their mother knows there was no chance in hell that call was getting overturned and people here wanted to challenge it out of pure frustration.

mcd wanted to get the stop with three timeouts intact for his offense which is exactly what happened

Let's put yet another spin on this autopsy.

Their punter kills a punt all on his own at the Bills 4 yard line. If it wasn't for Robert Woods, our punter didn't come close to that the whole game. If his kick goes into the end zone it's a touchback..ball at the 20, and you are looking at overtime.

Allen missed a few throws, but I would have to give him an incomplete for this game. Hard to judge a guy when he's pressured on 45% of his dropbacks...not 10%, not 20%, but 45%!!!..thats a pretty pathetic statistic. Many times, the rusher came in free.

Even when he had time, you could see him consistently going through ALL his progressions because NO ONE was open.

As far as disappointment in coaching, I would have thought they had cleared up the free rushers after the Ravens game..and with the lack of talent at the WR position, I would have expected a more creative route structure to "scheme" folks open...but that didn't happen

2 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The #1 or 2 (depending on who you ask) player in the league has Mack Hollins as a starting WR and Joe Brady as an OC. That is criminal. The top offensive minds would have been crawling over each other to work with Josh, and the Bills chose to hand the job to a guy that has never been anything above average (at best). They have a ton invested in TEs, and Brady can't figure out how to use them effectively. Allen had 9 completions today and Kincaid had 2 receptions. Coleman had 1. It is so frustrating watching the Bills waste Allen's prime years.

I’m only sad that I can like this post once. If I’m Josh I’d seriously consider finding my way out of Buffalo if things don’t change for next season 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, jcamm1966 said:

Get the damn Addams thing out of everyone head it's not gonna happen

Everybody is injured, every team

Of course they are , it’s football. Anyway, injuries weren’t the focus of my point. The op said it was maddening as they still could have won despite overall poor performance. Therein lies your difference. KC hasn’t performed all that well , but they manage to walk off the field victorious.