10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

probably covered before but why didn't they challenge the kincaid incompletion?  

that defense not in the neutral zone call looked very wrong.  they sure were. 

CBS replaying the josh head slam now....

in a game where every play mattered the one where josh had open running field for a clear first down but yet he chose to throw it was the key to the game IMHO.  

1 minute ago, jethro_tull said:

He might be attracted to a role as a savior- of which this team needs a serious deep threat ASAP. 

Adams ran a very Gabe Davis like 40 if I remember right.  He's not a burner, he's a route runner.  Diggs but slower.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

looked more like passes defended than flat out drops.

Kincaid bobbled one on the sideline and didn't get the catch and dropped another.  Then Allen flat out missed him 1 on 1 deep on a LB.  If Allen wasn't missing them they were dropping it.  Take away one Kincaid catch and Coleman's catch and run and 30 passes with almost nothing to show for it.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Coach Tuesday said:

Honestly game management was so poor that if they fired Brady tomorrow I’d understand it.

I'm not going to pile on ...said my piece on Brady and the offense already many times

My real issue is we don't have a lot of solutions going forward 

Just now, GoBills808 said:

I'm not going to pile on ...said my piece on Brady and the offense already many times

My real issue is we don't have a lot of solutions going forward 

I'm going to try to glass half full things .............

We're not turning the ball over a lot

The defense has shown up in 4 out of 5

The running game has been there most weeks

Maybe (fingers crossed) some early injures and struggle will bring fixes we'll play with the rest of the season.

• Like (+1) 1

One issue I have with the offensive play calling is they abandoned what worked the first few weeks because it got shut down last week. Maybe the dink-and-dunk has limitations and drives will stall out on 3rd downs.

But instead we went deep with zero success which equally killed drives. Felt like an overcorrection.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Adams ran a very Gabe Davis like 40 if I remember right.  He's not a burner, he's a route runner.  Diggs but slower.

Kincaid bobbled one on the sideline and didn't get the catch and dropped another.  Then Allen flat out missed him 1 on 1 deep on a LB.  If Allen wasn't missing them they were dropping it.  Take away one Kincaid catch and Coleman's catch and run and 30 passes with almost nothing to show for it.

Adams is better than Diggs way better. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, jethro_tull said:

probably covered before but why didn't they challenge the kincaid incompletion?  

that defense not in the neutral zone call looked very wrong.  they sure were. 

CBS replaying the josh head slam now....

in a game where every play mattered the one where josh had open running field for a clear first down but yet he chose to throw it was the key to the game IMHO.  

Kincaid bobbled it as he went down.  He got his feet in but on the ground out of bounds he was bobbling the catch.

Just now, KOKBILLS said:

Can't wait for this team to go on the Road in Week 2 of the playoffs and lose due to being out-coached, out game-planned, and outplayed...

It's going to be awesome...

You don’t know that. 

• Haha (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, TheCockSportif said:

A(n) NFL game has two halves.  With a winning first half performance then this team would've won.

Yes, McDermott was dragging his feet again, like the first game into coaching and fixing the problems during the first half

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Maybe (fingers crossed) some early injures and struggle will bring fixes we'll play with the rest of the season.

The defense has started out very ***** poorly in 3 of 5. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Take the middle of the field away and Bills WRs can’t win and now every team knows this. Is true whether Shakir plays or not. Have to rethink the passing O or get new WRs (the latter being too hard).

• Like (+1) 1

I went through the play by play and came up with 19/25 first down plays being runs. I went through it quick though and could be off slightly.

Anyone have data on what the % is league wide for run vs pass on first down?

• Haha (+1) 1