10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Are you referring to the chiefs?  They had two timeouts and used them both on that 13 seconds drive lol my goodness 

Yes, I meant to say two timeouts but the point still stands. All of a sudden we have confidence in McDermott's defense to get a stop in the final seconds? 

I can't figure out which argument fans want to make sometimes🤷

7 minutes ago, buffblue said:

It's comical how all the folks critical of McD (with good reason) for not stopping a team from going 40 yards in 13 seconds with no timeouts are now suggesting his defense would have stopped a team from going 10 yards in 20 seconds with no timeouts 🤣

KC had all three TOs. If they didn't, 13 seconds wouldn't have happened. 

This is the strangest I have felt after a loss in forever. I almost made peace with it at halftime only to get hurt again. Now I don’t even know what to think about this team going forward. It certainly feels like the season is going nowhere. It’s been a bunch of great years back to back and it’s sad to go back to this. Our coaching is as clueless today as it was day 1. Our 3rd down defense is inexcusable. Every big spot we come up small. I’m not sure what to even think 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Low Positive said:

KC had all three TOs. If they didn't, 13 seconds wouldn't have happened. 

I acknowledged that I mistyped in my post. Still funny to me that everyone had confidence in McD's defense to win if we just burned 3 timeouts.

2 hours ago, Nelius said:

Curtis Samuel is the biggest disappointment on this offense. Brady picked him. There is no other contender

I blame that on coaching too. Samuel is a good receiver, and we almost never throw to him downfield.

The Bills had a golden opportunity to take the lead after Stroud's fumble, but poor play calling made us settle for 3.

Our receivers kept running deep routes, making it difficult to sustain drives today.

The last offensive series was an absolute offense to all Bills fans.

I've stuck with and defended Sean McDermott since he's been here.....not anymore. Coaching is a major issue with the Bills after watching these past two games.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, buffblue said:

I acknowledged that I mistyped in my post. Still funny to me that everyone had confidence in McD's defense to win if we just burned 3 timeouts.

The point is that they wouldn't have had time to do anything or possibly no time at all.  As it was they ran one play for 5 yards and had 2 seconds left.  If we burn 10 more seconds off the clock running it and using their timeouts either there is no time left at all or they don't have time to run any plays and at the very least are kicking a 6 or 7 yard longer field goal than the 59 yarder he hit.  The defense should have never seen the field.

ps All that said the defense is what kept us in the game

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

This is the strangest I have felt after a loss in forever. I almost made peace with it at halftime only to get hurt again. Now I don’t even know what to think about this team going forward. It certainly feels like the season is going nowhere. It’s been a bunch of great years back to back and it’s sad to go back to this. Our coaching is as clueless today as it was day 1. Our 3rd down defense is inexcusable. Every big spot we come up small. I’m not sure what to even think 

McDermott d has always given up 3rd and long pays for some reason? Maybe cuz he plays a soft zone

In saying that the d did plenty after q1 to allow us to win. Down 20-17 and tied at 20-20 the d stopped Houston each time. Offense responded with 3 punts and a FG (after gaining 0’yards when getting the ball on the HOU 15)

3 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Just getting back here for commentary. I made peace with it with a 16-oz T-bone at halftime. So, whatever.

But, I think the Bills set a record for combined QB double-triple-quad-pumps and flat-out throwaways today for a game. It was like 2 out of 3 pass snaps. The only passing play the Bills have is: don't black anyone, roll right, pray. And on most other plays when they do pull off a miraculous double-move and get open, we'll just drop it anyway.

The play calling is *****. The scheme is *****. The execution is *****. The receivers are *****. And 17 isn't finishing the season.

Apart from that, great *****in day!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 4merper4mer said:

Letting Josh down LOL.  How about Josh does anything whatsoever at any point in the game?

This guy literally thought Josh split his pants because he was too fat in the offseason. You can see him barely contain his excitement in today’s posts.

33 minutes ago, vincec said:

I think the turf-toe injury probably ended his season.

OK, then don't play him at all.  Just weird to me that the rare instances when he's in a play, it's a completely worthless play.  And he doesn't look to have anything of value to add.

• Like (+1) 1

Man, it would have been such a huge comeback win - potential to be season-defining.

Now we're 3-2.  Probably still win the division, but doubtful that we'll be in the mix for a top seed.  

How do you pass 3 times from the endzone w/ such little time left?  How do you do that?  I can't get over it. 

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Bimmer323i said:

How many dropped balls were there today that f’d us ? Guys need to get there ***** together and start catching the  gosh damn ball and maybe we wouldn’t be in this situation 

Someone brought this up earlier. Were there really that many dropped passes today?

2 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

OK, then don't play him at all.  Just weird to me that the rare instances when he's in a play, it's a completely worthless play.  And he doesn't look to have anything of value to add.

That’s an option, but they may figure 80% of Samuels is better than whatever clown would have been in today. Not saying I agree but who are they going to put in, really?

Edited by vincec

Fire McDermott, Brady, and Babich after the clown moves today. 

Beane, you're on the hot seat.

Amari Cooper or Davante Adams better be walking through that door this week. Or at least a WR who can get open occasionally.  

The game and personnel mismanagement needs to stop now.

1 minute ago, Mark Vader said:

Someone brought this up earlier. Were there really that many dropped passes today?

Like 5 or 6.