10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

I'm not overthinking.  I agree with you.  My point is McD is normally conservative.  I expected them to run the ball.  I was surprised when they didn't.  Why McD chose that moment to gamble, who knows?

McDermott chokes under pressure late in games. This much is probably obvious 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

No I wanted a play action with flow to the left and a naked bootleg back to the right. Everyone and their brother knew Cook was getting the ball, having a OC that actually has a plan, an idea, misdirection something out of the ordinary could have made a difference. Your way got us a field goal and a loss👍Good job happy days.🤦‍♂️They wasted a time out on the next play. They should have used it to put Josh back in the field instead of running chicken with Trubisky. If Trubisky can’t run a serviceable play not even one, why is he here?

You don’t think trubisky could get sacked on a play like that? Haha this is what is so funny about this board…your way probably amounts to the same outcome at best or something even worse but we don’t get to criticize it because it never happened.  

teams don’t invest heavily in backup qbs now because the gap between a good starter and a good second stringer is so big to begin with 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

Maybe some good will come out of this one.  Maybe Beane makes a move.

And I'm tired of being the early season champs, anyway.  Would rather see us get hot in the 2nd half of the season - and hope we have the kind of team that can.  I still have some faith.  

1 minute ago, Returntoglory said:

lol I wouldn’t expect the incredibly biased idiots from barstool to understand the reasons why it wasn’t that ridiculous 

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

You don’t think trubisky could get sacked on a play like that? Haha this is what is so funny about this board…your way probably amounts to the same outcome at best or something even worse but we don’t get to criticize it because it never happened.  

teams don’t invest heavily in backup qbs now because the gap between a good starter and a good second stringer is so big to begin

You don’t think it had a better chance than the play that was called? It’s unbelievable the lengths some posters will go to defend poor choices made by Brady and McDermott. I bet you loved the Hamlin fake punt against KC in the playoffs last year. If you don’t think your back up qb can’t perform one simple play, a backup who has started years of games your thinking is as bad as McDermott’s🤦‍♂️

You know your offense is easy to defend when a viewer on TV can call the exact play before it happens. Others may have noticed in the past also.

For whatever reason, whenever the Bills slot receiver lines up with his feet pointed inward toward the line, the call is either a) a screen to that player, or b) a run play where said player has no role other than half assed peripheral blocking. In either case the result is usually not pretty. This has been a major tell for the Bills on offense but I thought it was limited just to Diggs last year (it happened repeatedly after Brady took over). Now Samuel is doing the exact same thing (twice on screens today which both got blown up).

Why are we doing this? How are we telling our receiver to line up? This alignment seems to make it awfully easy to identify what we are going to do. If I as an average fan at home can recognize this tendency, surely a D coordinator and his players can see it.

Edited by buffblue
  • Like (+1) 1

Not only WR help is needed , now days you need a kicker who is 80 percent from 50 to 60 yards. 

6 minutes ago, Success said:

Maybe some good will come out of this one.  Maybe Beane makes a move.

And I'm tired of being the early season champs, anyway.  Would rather see us get hot in the 2nd half of the season - and hope we have the kind of team that can.  I still have some faith.  

I lost all trust in Beene , wouldn't shocker he brings in a punter

It's comical how all the folks critical of McD (with good reason) for not stopping a team from going 40 yards in 13 seconds with no timeouts are now suggesting his defense would have stopped a team from going 10 yards in 20 seconds with no timeouts 🤣

6 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

You don’t think it had a better chance than the play that was called? It’s unbelievable the lengths some posters will go to defend poor choices made by Brady and McDermott. I bet you loved the Hamlin fake punt against KC in the playoffs last year. If you don’t think your back up qb can’t perform one simple play, a backup who has started years of games your thinking is as bad as McDermott’s🤦‍♂️

Haha it’s unbelievable posters want trubisky to come in cold and run a naked bootleg thinking it can’t do any worse than a gain of 1 the way this game was going 🤣. I’m not defending anybody, there’s plenty of valid criticisms to be made which is why I am always stunned by the ridiculous things y’all  come up with lol

people were saying josh shouldn’t have attempted a throw to comically wide open Mack hollins early in the game.  People thought the bills should use a timeout on the off chance Josh can clear protocol on the next play.  You shouldn’t need to reach for BS like this with so many valid criticisms on the table 

5 minutes ago, buffblue said:

It's comical how all the folks critical of McD (with good reason) for not stopping a team from going 40 yards in 13 seconds with no timeouts are now suggesting his defense would have stopped a team from going 10 yards in 20 seconds with no timeouts 🤣

Are you referring to the chiefs?  They had two timeouts and used them both on that 13 seconds drive lol my goodness 

edit: they actually had all 3 so 33% funnier haha forgot they used one before the fg 

The Bills are not playing well on offense.   Allen has been erratic the past two games in his throwing.  That is a by product of the O line not handling the blitz well.  Total team let down.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Stroud is not Mahomes and the Texans best WR was injured. And for the record it's going 10 yards in 7 seconds.

As bad as Brady has been at scheming wr’s open and utilizing his TE’s, Brady might be worse in his protection schemes. He may get Allen killed. I think right now Josh has a broken hand, sore elbow and bad back (last game) and a bad back, bad ankle and a possible concussion (from this game). Jets are a real defense and it could get worse

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1