10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, billieve420 said:

We can’t hit short routes with any consistency which can also act as running plays. Drags, flares, rb screens but we continue to go with those terrible WR screens. Last possession needed something quick and short to force Texans to burn some timeouts. Hopefully make a guy miss like cook did and get some YAC. Instead we go with low percentage play.

I was calling for this all game. Can they not just get cook out on a little Curl? The Texans were playing a lot of man. I like my chances with that matchup. 

• Like (+1) 1

1. Mack Hollins got 6 targets. Mack Hollins should have zero targets, not because we shouldn't throw to him, not because he shouldn't be a starter, not because he shouldn't be active, not because he shouldn't be on our team. because he shouldn't be in the league. We already have a guy who runs pass patterns sometimes/to catch a ball in theory but is mostly here to block. His name is Dalton Knox.

2. I said we would miss Stephan Diggs. Diggs had more receptions and yardage than our entire wide receiver core. I was told that Dalton Kinkaid, the great white hype, would replace him in receptions. Kinkaid is what he is-not a Gronk or a Kelce -he is a guy we saw today, a Dalton Schultz. That is his upside.  You don't win with your main threat as Dalton Schultz.

3. Cook played well but we can't run him first and second down into a heavy box that is expecting him. That's suicide.

4. Josh had a terrible day. And we're going to get him hurt if we keep subjecting him to the type of abuse he took the past two weeks. 

5. This team is no longer built for playing from behind/heroics because we've completely lost the ability to throw downfield, and that started last year. 

6. Our coaches fold under pressure. Horrible management at end. I get the "we're only one play away" risk mentality, but there's little awareness of time management.

7. We all know the rest is the division is hot sewage -I'm not impressed with the Jets, but I'm not even going to feel confident there. What we have to ask ourselves is, is this a playoff-winning team? Do we have the WR core, or the coaching to get us there? 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1

I think Samuel’s toe must really be hindering him. That’s so I can think of S he’s been a serviceable player every year. For whatever reason, Brady isn’t getting him and Kinkaid enough targets and is featuring a special team player on offense

29 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Incomplete passes happen a lot.  Runs always keep the clock running. Don't overthink this.  McDermott himself said it was a mistake. I simply said, coaches should not make the mistake he admitted to already. 

I'm not overthinking.  I agree with you.  My point is McD is normally conservative.  I expected them to run the ball.  I was surprised when they didn't.  Why McD chose that moment to gamble, who knows?

9 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Not letting trubisky throw the ball behind an offensive line playing poorly is a travesty?  If trubisky is sacked even if you know Josh is coming back in the next play you’re way behind the sticks.  This place is wild after a loss 🤣

No I wanted a play action with flow to the left and a naked bootleg back to the right. Everyone and their brother knew Cook was getting the ball, having a OC that actually has a plan, an idea, misdirection something out of the ordinary could have made a difference. Your way got us a field goal and a loss👍Good job happy days.🤦‍♂️They wasted a time out on the next play. They should have used it to put Josh back in the field instead of running chicken with Trubisky. If Trubisky can’t run a serviceable play not even one, why is he here?

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, vincec said:

Jets D is going to smother this offense. They better hope they make some big plays on defense.

Allen is not going to get out of the Jets game in one piece.  Brady will get him killed.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, TheWei44 said:

Samuels, e.g., has been a complete disaster - He has had zero impact.  He looks slow and crappy.

Unless you played for the Panthers at some point we don't want you

8 minutes ago, DaVinci said:

"Gotta look at the film, cant take anything away from that Texans team. we are going to learn from this"

insert Coachspeak

• Angry 1