10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

I’m really not understanding people blaming this one completely on Allen. Most of his inaccurate balls were being rushed to throw because someone was in his face right away. A lot of his incompletions hit receivers in the hands (or the helmet).

His worst throw of the day was probably the underthrow to Kincaid on the deep pass, and even that one the DB made a really nice play (otherwise that one hits Kincaid in the hands too despite the underthrow).

Play calling has been trash for 2 weeks, nobody is getting open, nobody can track a deep ball, rushers are in Allen’s face when his back foot hits at the bottom of his drop back. Not sure what people expect.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Process said:

The Bills offense got the ball back FOUR TIMES down 17-20/tied 20-20.

Punt

Punt

FG (got the ball at the 15 and gained zero yards)

Punt

The defense gave us every chance to win. Houston tried to give the game away. 

I have no words for this offense 🤦‍♂️

Houston was basically handing us the game and we refused. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Just now, DapperCam said:

I’m really not understanding people blaming this one completely on Allen. Most of his inaccurate balls were being rushed to throw because someone was in his face right away. A lot of his incompletions hit receivers in the hands (or the helmet).

His worst throw of the day was probably the underthrow to Kincaid on the deep pass, and even that one the DB made a really nice play (otherwise that one hits Kincaid in the hands too despite the underthrow).

Play calling has been trash for 2 weeks, nobody is getting open, nobody can track a deep ball, rushers are in Allen’s face when his back foot hits at the bottom of his drop back. Not sure what people expect.

I think there is a lot of correlation between the Line play, lack of play makers and playcalling.

We are just so accustomed to Allen putting the team and pathetic coaching staff on his back, it’s almost impossible to live up to every week. 

I would expect him to be better than the consistent amount of incompletions..

Maybe the Wr are really really bad.. 

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

Fan need to start calling out Beane who lied to the fans after trading Diggs,  he said just give him a chance to do something.  Mack Hollins should be cut but is on this team because McDermott wants receivers with size who can block

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BILLieve85 said:

It’s two fold. This offense needs to be perfect. They just don’t have the players. Or aren’t willing to use them. But running on first and second down so it’s 3rd and long is never the answer. This staff has never put the offense in position to best succeed

Sure we ran on 1st down several times but we rarely punted because we ran on 1st and 2nd down.  Nearly every punt was after consecutive incomplete passes.  You don't at least give the threat of the run Houston is going to T off on your QB and Allen was getting hit as it was.

Few quick thoughts 

1. I didn't notice but should codrington have fielded the punt so we weren't pinned so deep

2. On the Texans last play, we should not have tackled the receiver right away. If we let him struggle to get away, time would have expired. He probably didn't have time to be aware to "give himself up"

3. Are there stats as to how we did running on 2nd down? It seemed we did ok on 1st down, but the following running play was always a disaster 

Edited by ticketssince61

11 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

enlighten me... what is exaggerated?

Can josh even throw it to a big name wr if we bring one in, etc.  no accuracy over 20 yards.  He def could work on his aired out deep balls but the dude stripes throws in the 20,30 yard range all the time 

he’s had a few tough games but your post went too far imo 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

The most frustrating thing about the McDermott era versus previous eras of futility, is that in previous eras, we found ways to lose games we shouldn’t have been in, in the first place.  This era has us finding new and painful ways to lose games we should be winning. 

1 hour ago, Dan said:

Agreed… let Tribisky run a play action pass to the Knox.  No one.  No one would have seen that coming.  But a handoff up the middle to Cook.  They literally wasted a down with that predictable call. 

This was as big as a travesty as our last 3 offensive plays. Our Red zone offense and play design is atrocious. The throws Josh chose on the last series were terrible… what a cluster*****.

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

100% agree.  Kincaid had 2 bad drops, imo.  Guys weren't getting open.  Allen was obviously not great, but I didn't see him as the problem today.

9 minutes ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Do you guys feel confident in Beane to make a move next Free Agency for a Wr? Do you trust him to get it right based on what he done lately. 

All the highlights I’m watching today seeing big plays left and right.. Flacco threw 4 tds today! 

Short answer? No. Long answer? Nooooo.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

100% agree.  Kincaid had 2 bad drops, imo.  Guys weren't getting open.  Allen was obviously not great, but I didn't see him as the problem today.

He had some of his usual big misses on deep balls. Those were killers. Also some questionable decisions on when to run/pass. Overall, I’d say below average but I agree that not being to get the WRs open was the real killer.

Edited by vincec
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Meatloaf63 said:

This was as big as a travesty as our last 3 offensive plays. Our Red zone offense and play design is atrocious. The throws Josh chose on the last series were terrible… what a cluster*****.

Not letting trubisky throw the ball behind an offensive line playing poorly is a travesty?  If trubisky is sacked even if you know Josh is coming back in the next play you’re way behind the sticks.  This place is wild after a loss 🤣

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

This offense is McDermott's vision with his tool as Offensive coordinator. When we had a real offensive coordinator(Daboll) it was a constent power struggle. If you want a better offense you have to get rid of McDermott.

14 minutes ago, Chaos said:

Incomplete passes happen a lot.  Runs always keep the clock running. Don't overthink this.  McDermott himself said it was a mistake. I simply said, coaches should not make the mistake he admitted to already. 

We can’t hit short routes with any consistency which can also act as running plays. Drags, flares, rb screens but we continue to go with those terrible WR screens. Last possession needed something quick and short to force Texans to burn some timeouts. Hopefully make a guy miss like cook did and get some YAC. Instead we go with low percentage play.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, DaVinci said:

This offense is McDermott's vision with his tool as Offensive coordinator. When we had a real offensive coordinator(Daboll) it was a constent power struggle. If you want a better offense you have to get rid of McDermott.

Daboll had these kinds of games with more wr talent pretty often 😂