10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

McDermott has the hottest seat nationally for a coach who’s safe internally. 

Analysts and pundits calling for his head all over social media right now. 

On the outside looking in, it’s believed he is the biggest reason we are stuck playing second fiddle to the Chiefs and are constantly being dealt mind-numbing end game losses. 

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, colin said:

a loss vs teh jets, especially w the o looking clueless, and i think we have a coach that has lost the locker room.

No.  He's losing the fan base.  Not the locker room.  Stop projecting.  He took a gamble, believing they needed a first down.  Once the first down pass was incomplete, they were locked in.  In hindsight he admits they should have run the ball on first down and go from there.  I think we all thought the same.  

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

No.  He's losing the fan base.  Not the locker room.  Stop projecting.  He took a gamble, believing they needed a first down.  Once the first down pass was incomplete, they were locked in.  In hindsight he admits they should have run the ball on first down and go from there.  I think we all thought the same.  

The difference is, the majority of us thought they should have been running the ball at the time, rather than in hindsight.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

McDermott has the hottest seat nationally for a coach who’s safe internally. 

Analysts and pundits calling for his head all over social media right now. 

On the outside looking in, it’s believed he is the biggest reason we are stuck playing second fiddle to the Chiefs and are constantly being dealt mind-numbing end game losses. 

Analysts and pundits are all armchair QBs as are many of us.  Who cares?

Winners find a way to win, losers  lose.  It’s that simple.  McD is just a guy that falls into the later category. It’s the only explanation as to why the Bills can find so many ridiculous ways to repeatedly lose these kind of games. 

He’s NOT going to change and expecting so is futile.  I’m kind of over being fooled.

Edited by PayDaBill$

The #1 or 2 (depending on who you ask) player in the league has Mack Hollins as a starting WR and Joe Brady as an OC. That is criminal. The top offensive minds would have been crawling over each other to work with Josh, and the Bills chose to hand the job to a guy that has never been anything above average (at best). They have a ton invested in TEs, and Brady can't figure out how to use them effectively. Allen had 9 completions today and Kincaid had 2 receptions. Coleman had 1. It is so frustrating watching the Bills waste Allen's prime years.

Just now, UKBillFan said:

The difference is, the majority of us thought they should have been running the ball at the time, rather than in hindsight.

You are correct.  McD had confidence in his QB, which called for being more aggressive.  In the past, McD has been criticized by this fan base for being too conservative.  Now he did the opposite.  I'm more conservative by nature in situations like that, so I would have run the ball.

2 minutes ago, AlCowlingsTaxiService said:

I happen to be at the Jersey Shore today. Watched the game ata supposed Bills backer bar. Walk in, see peeps in Bills gear and  sing “hey hey hey hey”. Their response? “We don’t behave like that here”. Knew right away that it was a baaaaad day 

Wow should have walked right back out

I suspect Beane may have privately written off this season because he's taking the long view, hoarding draft picks and cap room for a big splurge next year that will set the team up for the next decade. Borrow from that treasure now, say giving up a second-round pick for an expensive receiver well past his prime, and odds are you get a lot less bang for your buck overall. 

I can understand this reasoning, but it's cold to condemn this year's team to a mediocrity. 

1 minute ago, GolfandBills said:

The everyone eats experiment is a bust.  Nobody eats because nobody can get open 

Last year “pass catchers”

This year “everyone eats”

New year, different slogan to cover up not having enough at the WR position. 

• Agree 2

Good god w the Kincaid no challenge. It worked out, we got the ball back w timeouts and time to drive, then still stagnated w poor playcalling drive and gave it right back to Texans. This was the bad part, not the no challenge. 

I do feel the play should have been challenged but likely would have failed. 

1 minute ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

The #1 or 2 (depending on who you ask) player in the league has Mack Hollins as a starting WR and Joe Brady as an OC. That is criminal. The top offensive minds would have been crawling over each other to work with Josh, and the Bills chose to hand the job to a guy that has never been anything above average (at best). They have a ton invested in TEs, and Brady can't figure out how to use them effectively. Allen had 9 completions today and Kincaid had 2 receptions. Coleman had 1. It is so frustrating watching the Bills waste Allen's prime years.

They want 8 or 9 blockers at all time