10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Defense seems coached well.  Adjustments were made.  Young guys made some plays (Carter) and a mistake here or there (Bishop) but overall battled.  Offense, despite the whining here, seems like our guys we count on aren't showing up.  There's a list of starters on offense who are not playing well so I'd have a hard time saying it's all on Brady.  Allen is missing people, Kincaid has a handful of drops (non catches) the last couple of weeks, and the O line is pretty shaky at times.  I get it if we aren't throwing bombs all game long but we need to be able to hit 6 or 7 yard passes to someone

ps I'm not harping on the WR's because I feel like we are counting on the TE's and RB's as pass catchers and Coleman and Hollins are more or less as expected.  That said MVS and Samuels are straight garbage so far.  I mean what's Claypool up to already?  I'm kidding .......... or am I?

I thought Samuel would be better than the pile of crap he has produced so far.  Not great but serviceable.  Hollins is fine for ST and maybe lining up for 5 plays per game.  Having MVS on the roster is straight up trolling the fan base.  

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Josh was not good - to

pretend that is the wideouts or tight ends fault is not a real argument.  The throws along the side lines were uncatchable in bounds

The goal is to make passes catchable in bounds 

Buffalo looks like a college offense, plays  into the sidelines all the time. How about using slants screens the middle of the field those sidelines are easy to defend. 

10 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

And  the jets lost to Denver at home 10-9 the week before. I repeat AT HOME.

i see Beane trading for a WR (cooper??) and giving Hyde a call. Things could be much better with these two things…..

That would require Beane being aggressive during the trade deadline and I just don’t see that unless Josh speaks up. 

I think the all-22 will show lots of time to throw and guys not getting open. Outside of Shakir, there's no chemistry with anybody and nobody is getting separation. I also think they should completely scrap the extra offensive lineman formation.

The worry is that there doesn't seem to be anything in the playback past the run game and short passes that we've already seen. Every defense is keying in on the middle so Kincaid doesn't beat them and nobody's taking advantage of the one on one's.

There's a lot of time to figure this out, but this should be a figure it out or get fired year for the coaching staff. 

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

I thought Samuel would be better than the pile of crap he has produced so far.  Not great but serviceable.  Hollins is fine for ST and maybe lining up for 5 plays per game.  Having MVS on the roster is straight up trolling the fan base.  

I thought this might be Samuels big chance to show up.  Granted Kincaid's blocking was a part of Samuels looking worthless since they don't seem to throw to him anywhere but the LOS.  MVS at the very least was supposed to be the deep shot guy but he's got nothing.  One shot Allen missed him on other than that I can't remember anything from him.

1 hour ago, BeastMaster said:

I agree with you.

Problem is we had 2 deep safeties on that last play when they needed a few yards to attempt the FG

Complete failure by the defensive coach 

Yeah the two deep safeties struck me as a misalignment in the circumstances. I'm not saying change the coverage but we know they have a very good kicker so you have to play closer to the box. You really shouldn't be scheming to avoid getting beat over the top. But maybe I'm missing something.

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

That would require Beane being aggressive during the trade deadline and I just don’t see that unless Josh speaks up. 

He’s traded for players at the deadline before. Two that I can think of now, Benjamin and Hines - may be another one??

12 minutes ago, Turbo44 said:

And  the jets lost to Denver at home 10-9 the week before. I repeat AT HOME.

i see Beane trading for a WR (cooper??) and giving Hyde a call. Things could be much better with these two things…..

If they go for a wide receiver and/or Hyde then they're going all in for the Super Bowl, and moving on from this year being something of a rebuild.

Just now, popcornpam said:

Buffalo looks like a college offense, plays  into the sidelines all the time. How about using slants screens the middle of the field those sidelines are easy to defend. 

Bingo…Brady’s time at LSU where he had arguably the greatest college offense ever at his disposal is what he’s most known for. 

2 minutes ago, y2zipper said:

I think the all-22 will show lots of time to throw and guys not getting open. Outside of Shakir, there's no chemistry with anybody and nobody is getting separation. I also think they should completely scrap the extra offensive lineman formation.

The worry is that there doesn't seem to be anything in the playback past the run game and short passes that we've already seen. Every defense is keying in on the middle so Kincaid doesn't beat them and nobody's taking advantage of the one on one's.

There's a lot of time to figure this out, but this should be a figure it out or get fired year for the coaching staff. 

I’m very confident that the All-22 is going to show nobody open.

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

My son hated how he handled that long ball with the difficult tracking over his head. The one he couldn’t quite reach because it wasn’t a perfect throw. 

That's probably was thinking in the first Jets game when Allen's 60-yard bomb hit him in his hands. Not quite perfect. 

Hollins is what he is: a journeyman receiver who should be confined to special teams, blocking, and the occasional emergency fill in. Yet he's the Bills starting receiver, which says it all.

You were dealt a poor hand, Beane, but you're also playing it poorly.