10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

2 seconds was only the difference because Martin hit an unrealistically good punt in that situation for how his career has been tracking…there’s no way anyone was expecting that lol 

After Woods return it was essentially a 44 yard kick.  It's not unthinkable that he could have done that and if we ran ten more seconds off the clock and got even 4 or 5 yards doing it it's the difference.  Certainly an effort to not let them score vs certainly giving them the ball with time and timeouts.

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Iverwig said:

And so are the Bills. Josh has almost always struggled against the Jets even when he’s had talent on offense. 

And  the jets lost to Denver at home 10-9 the week before. I repeat AT HOME.

i see Beane trading for a WR (cooper??) and giving Hyde a call. Things could be much better with these two things…..

5 minutes ago, LifeLongBillsFan said:

the balls were not well thrown - it would be nice if Josh could hit the numbers once a game 

Yeah he’s gotta stop hitting WRs in the head.  Make it more on target.  

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, folz said:

I'm fine with Mack out there as a blocker and possession receiver, but why are they throwing him the ball down the field? Those targets should go to Coleman or MVS.

My son hated how he handled that long ball with the difficult tracking over his head. The one he couldn’t quite reach because it wasn’t a perfect throw. 

My son was a high school QB. It gets easier with a better throw!  😂 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

The balls were thrown well enough. A QB may misjudge a throw slightly - the receivers job is to catch them if they come near them. We see enough of that from other teams.

Josh was not good - to

pretend that is the wideouts or tight ends fault is not a real argument.  The throws along the side lines were uncatchable in bounds

The goal is to make passes catchable in bounds 

1 minute ago, Governor said:

Please Josh, start leaking your displeasure with MCD to the media. It’s time. 

Maybe McD can start leaking his displeasure at having a MVP potential QB who has too many off games at inopportune times. The defeat was as much on him today as the coaching (as well as the WRs, Safetys... it was a real team effort).

Just now, Turbo44 said:

And  the jets lost to Denver at home 10-9 the week before. I repeat AT HOME.

i see Beane trading for a WR (cooper??) and giving Hyde a call. Things could be much better with these two things…..

In spite of the lack of WRs on the roster, I don’t expect a trade for a significant vet that costs a lot of capital and $.  This is a planned step-back year to clear cap and they will reload next offseason.

Just now, LifeLongBillsFan said:

Josh was not good - to

pretend that is the wideouts or tight ends fault is not a real argument.  The throws along the side lines were uncatchable in bounds

The goal is to make passes catchable in bounds 

Hold the ball then look at the throw. There were throws which were catchable which were left out there. Were they all easy? No. Were they catchable? Yes. Josh deserves some blame, yes, but not all of it.

1 minute ago, Augie said:

My son hated how he handled that long ball with the difficult tracking over his head. The one he couldn’t quite reach because it wasn’t a perfect throw. 

My son was a high school QB. It gets easier with a better throw!  😂 

Yep he beat the safety on the double move which means the middle of the field was wide open. Fade to the sideline is necessary with tight coverage from a CB. In this case the play was lead him to the middle of the field which is a much easier catch and was completely wide open.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

2 seconds was only the difference because Martin hit an unrealistically good punt in that situation for how his career has been tracking…there’s no way anyone was expecting that lol 

heck it might’ve made no difference…he might’ve hit from 64.  The only way you ensure there isn’t a high probability you lose in regulation is picking up the first 

it really wasn’t that outrageous of a decision now that the adrenaline has worn off. It wasn’t good by any means but I don’t think it was egregiously bad

your premise seems to be predicated on the idea that the Texans were playing some kind of prevent defense and it didn’t look that way at all to me.  They knew if they stuffed three runs they were probably going to win and even if the bills hit a deep shot they likely weren’t going to have much of a shot at a fg 

I’m thinking the blowback would be even worse if we ran three times, punted, and the Texans hit a fg to win it 

How do you know that if we ran on 1st down and rip 5-7yds that Houston would even call a timeout? They might have been just fine at that stage going to OT. The final series by the coaching staff was not called correct at all. 

1 minute ago, ALLinALLEN said:

McD literally just admitted to blundering the end. Said he should’ve ran the clock. 

No? Never. I'm shocked.

How can the coaches make two thick moves in two games in succession? Where is their game management?