10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I’m starting to have flashbacks to Josh’s rookie year.

Mac Hollins is Kelvin Benjamin

MVS is  Robert Foster

Curtis Samuel is Andre Holmes 

I had erased this from my mind. Thanks :(

• Haha (+1) 4

44 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Complain all you want about the end of game, but had the Bills gone run run run punt the result would've been the same. With Houston having all 3 timeouts and us pinned at the 4, we HAD to get a first down just to ensure overtime. 

There are PLENTY of things to complain about here, but the end of game is not one of them.

We needed one first down to get to OT.  Maybe try shorter passes to get the first instead of throw two bombs to guys that can’t get open.  

• Like (+1) 4

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They were not I don’t believe…I’ve gotta watch that mess again though to confirm 🤣

I can’t sit through that again, it was just abysmal…

Tbh I just assumed they were defending the pass if Josh couldn’t get 1/3… most likely the WRs were still mistaking the defenders for yellow parkas…

Either way, Brady’s offense feels like it was just cosplaying as something more sophisticated than it truly is. The jig is up, I don’t think it’s going to work anymore against any team with a semi-capable defense…

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, buffblue said:

When you're at your 3? And haven't run the ball effectively AT ALL in the 2nd half? And that's the expected course of action? Ridiculous

You might have an argument if we were't 9 for 30 passing.  You do whatever gets a couple yards and burns the time off the clock.  2 seconds was the difference.  Go ahead and throw it but make it short and complete and burn as much time as you can.  Running routes into deep coverage when your line is suspect at best and stopping the clock after 3 maybe 4 seconds is (as anyone could see) a sure way to give them the ball back with time to score.

• Like (+1) 1

Remember that Thanksgiving game in Detroit? Similar situation. In that case, Josh threw a laser to Diggs to set up a game-winning FG. Now, he has no one to throw that to. That's on Beane. Everytime I think that I am over this one, I just keep coming back to the fact that the GM punted on a season for cap reasons.  Why does the cap not apply to the Cowboys and Eagles but it does to the Bills. Is Terry not willing to write those checks anymore.

No question they should have played for overtime. And the team was completely flat the first half. Doesn't make me want to fire everybody though. Some of you guys expected us to be terrible this year, yet seem mad/surprised that we haven't pulled it all together yet. New offense, new receivers, no Shakir (Josh's security blanket and our best WR). We'll bounce back and get better as the year goes.

Glad to see rookie Dwayne Carter ballin' out.

See you guys next week....I'm not sticking around the board this week. Eeesshh!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, folz said:

No question they should have played for overtime. And the team was completely flat the first half. Doesn't make me want to fire everybody though. Some of you guys expected us to be terrible this year, yet seem mad/surprised that we haven't pulled it all together yet. New offense, new receivers, no Shakir (Josh's security blanket and our best WR). We'll bounce back and get better as the year goes.

Knowing that the team will be worse this year and actually watching it are two different things.

1 minute ago, Savage said:

He did play well.

And,

Benford is probably the best tackler on the team.

Still think he would make an awesome safety in our system.  Elam and Rasul outside, Taron at nickel, and Benford taking the Hyde role. Rapp can throw his carcass around like normal but heaven forbid get Hamlin off the field.  Bishop doesn’t seem ready

2 minutes ago, folz said:

I agree

It is just one game. 

Horrible game MGMT at the end. 

Mack hollins needs to only play special teams. 

7 minutes ago, Riverboat Ritchie said:

Sure but he is not rising to the occasion when playing tougher teams. He needs to be better like most of team. 

Uusally it's a 50/50 split whether the Bills beat the better teams in regular season, which is a pretty reasonable return. Unfortunately, if put under pressure, the coaching staff tend to wilt and gift the game to the opposition. And they collapse in the play offs (Josh tends to do well at that stage).

Why we lost:

Hollins and those alligator arms. Two huge misses by him. He shouldn’t even be suited up let alone starting.

Douglass with two huge no-effort plays on the TDs. Awful.

McD not challenging that Kincaid reception.

Brady not eating up clock on the last drive.

This game was so winnable.

I need a Bills detox.