10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

1 minute ago, Heels20X6 said:

I’m going to say it now…if the Rams flame out and McVay becomes available, it’ll be malpractice if the Bills don’t hire him. I would LOVE to see what he could do with Allen 

Boy wonder with his draft picks might be ok. 

I'd nearly take Rex right now. Nearly

Just now, Danger Mouse said:

Thinking about it, we didn't lose it with the final three downs. It was a miracle we even got them. Texans messed up throwing on 3rd and then the intentional grounding.

We lost this game not being able to score a TD after the fumble recovery. Josh probably not mentally set considering he'd just been in the tent. But that was the drive to win it. 

We should have called a time out to get him back on the field instead of running it into a stacked box when everyone knew Mitch wasn’t throwing it.  Awful coaching.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Actually I thought he made a lot of on target throws that this group of WR's couldn't make a play on the ball because it's a WR group of special team players, developmental rookies and practice squad guys.  Remember the ball hitting Coleman in the helmet on that read option play? 

If Allen is sick it's that unless he carries the ball himself 15 times they can't run an offense with what they have on the field. 

How out to lunch do you have to be hit in the head by a pass, and to be surprised that you got hit in the head!!

unbelievable!!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Danger Mouse said:

Thinking about it, we didn't lose it with the final three downs. It was a miracle we even got them. Texans messed up throwing on 3rd and then the intentional grounding.

We lost this game not being able to score a TD after the fumble recovery. Josh probably not mentally set considering he'd just been in the tent. But that was the drive to win it. 

Handing off to Cook was the absolute dumbest play they could have called. A play action pass with a naked boot leg and Trubisky probably walks in. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

They ran one play and kicked it.  Time outs or not we do anything that gains some yards and burns 2 plus more seconds off the clock and we go to OT.

Not necessarily…Martin who is constantly torched by this board hit a really good punt there.  The coaches don’t know how good the punt/return is gonna be before it happens but posters here have the power of hindsight.

i think more often that not Houston is taking over immediately in fg range on three straight runs and a punt there.  I also don’t get this notion that we would’ve been guaranteed to gain yardage running in an obvious running situation 

it was def bad but I can see it going equally as bad with three runs too 

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Bills14221 said:

We should have called a time out to get him back on the field instead of running it into a stacked box when everyone knew Mitch wasn’t throwing it.  Awful coaching.   

100%

Wasted down that didnt have to be. 

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

Why not just designed runs with Josh at the end? Defense was clearly trying to stop the pass, I find it hard to believe if they draw it up correctly, spread the defense out, Josh doesn’t scramble for a cumulative 10 yards in 3 plays and force overtime… 

They were not I don’t believe…I’ve gotta watch that mess again though to confirm 🤣

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

We are severely lacking speed/guys who can ......

Do normal things expected of a professional football player.  Collins running by our secondary, after Henry doing the same last week.  That falls on scouting and drafting. 

19 minutes ago, buffblue said:

Like it would have mattered. Fairbairn can hit from 60 plus. Our only prayer was getting a first down and forcing OT. Had they run 3 straight times, people would be saying McD was gutless when the Texans still drilled the game winning field goal.

Very likely they get positive yards on runs. Get out of the end zone and you at least have options. Likely more time off the clock, better punting position, and no timeouts for HOU. And that is assuming they don’t get a first down running the ball. I think they could have got a first running it either via cook or Allen. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The particular pass play calls were stupid. And there is no problem running on at least two of those plays to force them to burn timeouts at the very least. Play action would have been useful as well. Just a crap fest by Brady. 

I thought the third one was fine - he got hit but the receiver was open for the first.

14 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

3 straight runs and punt is usually gonna give the Texans a drive start in fairbairn fg range…really needed a first down there.  I don’t blame anybody at all for being pissed at it but if we went the run punt and the Texans won things would be even worse in here

a better than expected Martin punt that I’m sure mcd wasn’t expecting is skewing things a bit 

No reason to think three straight runs could not have resulted in a first down.