10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

27 minutes ago, Success said:

You have maybe a 10% chance of scoring from your own 3 with no timeouts and 40 seconds.

McDermott just disrespected the whole team and the effort they made by not just kneeling there.

That, to me, is a fireable offense. That is terrible, terrible coaching.

We also get the ball on their 15 and can’t gain 1 yard and settle for 3.  Get some damn imagination to the offense and scheme some people open because we know they can’t get open on their own.  Terrible coaching all over the field

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

3 straight runs and punt is usually gonna give the Texans a drive start in fairbairn fg range…really needed a first down there.  I don’t blame anybody at all for being pissed at it but if we went the run punt and the Texans won things would be even worse in here

a better than expected Martin punt that I’m sure mcd wasn’t expecting is skewing things a bit 

They ran one play and kicked it.  Time outs or not we do anything that gains some yards and burns 2 plus more seconds off the clock and we go to OT.

17 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

This loss is gonna huuuuurt later in the season when it comes to playoff standings.

Tie breaker is lost with the ravens and Texans. There is a chance we finish a full game ahead of one then, but it’s not likely we do for both. And also finish ahead of the chiefs.  We will win the AFCE.  We won’t get a bye. We won’t likely host a divisional playoff game.  

30 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

We run it 3 times for 0 yards and we get the game to OT. Instead we dial up a deep shot to freaking Mack Hollins. Why does this team always make the wrong decisions in critical moments of tight games? McDermott owns these mistakes.

Except he doesn't.

And therein lies the problem.

• Agree 1

I will eat crow for this offense being very good.

Combo of Brady, poor WR play, OL inconsistent, and missed plays (either Josh or drops).

We are severely lacking speed/guys who can separate.  Josh missed 2 key throws today. But he bails us out on many more occasions.

It would take a very good OC to succeed.  And Bradys passing attack is severely lacking, in the 2024 NFL

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Those deep shots didn't work all game because either our WR doesn't make the playoffs or Allen misses it. Maybe a dump off pass to Cook, or even a 2 yard pass to anyone. Just so frustrating.

I think it was a first down at all costs scenario and Mack looked like he had a step on that second down.  Three straight runs were getting stuffed there also.  If they trusted Martin to punt like he did and still decided to throw, they’re idiots.  But i certainly wouldn’t have 

Just now, Chaos said:

Tie breaker is lost with the ravens and Texans. There is a chance we finish a full game ahead of one then, but it’s not likely we do for both. And also finish ahead of the chiefs.  We will win the AFCE.  We won’t get a bye. We won’t likely host a divisional playoff game.  

LOL; we're not beating the Jets next week if we continue to play like this.

Thinking about it, we didn't lose it with the final three downs. It was a miracle we even got them. Texans messed up throwing on 3rd and then the intentional grounding.

We lost this game not being able to score a TD after the fumble recovery. Josh probably not mentally set considering he'd just been in the tent. But that was the drive to win it. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

LOL; we're not beating the Jets next week if we continue to play like this.

Agree - with all their offensive flaws, their D is still nasty and they had to guard justin jefferson all day. I think they will have an easier time with our WR corps

4 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Actually I thought he made a lot of on target throws that this group of WR's couldn't make a play on the ball because it's a WR group of special team players, developmental rookies and practice squad guys.  Remember the ball hitting Coleman in the helmet on that read option play? 

If Allen is sick it's that unless he carries the ball himself 15 times they can't run an offense with what they have on the field. 

Eh maybe it was the lighting of the stadium that made him look paler to me or something, it was just a thought I had mid game a couple of times when they zoomed in to his face.

And yeah I should've been more clear on the abysmal performance of the receivers, I still think Allen looked off for one reason or another but the receivers didn't do themselves or Allen any favors.

Just now, Maine-iac said:

They ran one play and kicked it.  Time outs or not we do anything that gains some yards and burns 2 plus more seconds off the clock and we go to OT.

Since they threw three incomplete passes, then yes, they should have run.

Of course, if they had run three times up the middle for little gain, and then Houston kicked the winning FG after the punt (they got the ball in FG range), people would have been crying…

Just now, 4merper4mer said:

Gotcha.  Do you think maybe the multiple turnovers the defense gave the offense could have been better utilized?

I think the offense defense whole team should’ve been ready to play when the game started. JA17 started what 1-8? No excuses. They need more playmakers.