10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

18 minutes ago, Juice_32 said:

Thankfully the AFC East is a dumpster fire. We've got time to get it together, but DAMN.

Doesn’t matter.  Come playoff time we will lose in the some fashion like today. McDermott is a head case and exercises poor judgment in high pressure situations. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

3 straight runs and punt is usually gonna give the Texans a drive start in fairbairn fg range…really needed a first down there.  I don’t blame anybody at all for being pissed at it but if we went the run punt and the Texans won things would be even worse in here

a better than expected Martin punt that I’m sure mcd wasn’t expecting is skewing things a bit 

Those deep shots didn't work all game because either our WR doesn't make the playoffs or Allen misses it. Maybe a dump off pass to Cook, or even a 2 yard pass to anyone. Just so frustrating.

3 minutes ago, IronyAbounds said:

They lead the division because the division is almost certainly the weakest in the NFL. They'll win the division at 9-7 or maybe even 10-6, but if 5 or 6 of the wins are against the East it means almost nothing in the playoffs.

Who cares about the division. The goal should be Super Bowl

The problem that exists is expectations after 3 weeks went beyond reality

This did not look like a complete roster in training camp.  After believing Miami mattered we felt great after going 2-0.  We dismantled a bad Jaguars team overrated due to their overhyped QB, so felt on top of the world.

It's a long way down now as we play real NFL teams.  We're still competitive, but his is not likely a year to expect a Lombardi.

The problem with McDermott is he's undeniably changed the culture & made Buffalo relevant.  He has warts, but he tries to evolve.  He'll have a run and then sabotage himself.  I cannot put things on coordinators as the HC needs to communicate what he expects clearly.  If he's going to "leave it to the coordinators" then thats his call and he is solely accountable.

Josh may be great, but he costs this team at least a couple of games annually with sub par play.  Not just a failure to carry the team, but just bad play by him.  Today was such a day.  The comeback was nice and all, but at no point today did I see a QB that was the best player on the field.

I think McD & Allen CAN win a SuperBowl together, but I have serious doubts they will.  So much has to go right for it all to come together.  All it takes is one failure and both are fully capable of such failures.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Comebackkid said:

who kept calling Hollings name?..brady?..Josh?  and then after watching every hollins drop through the game u 

still go to hollins when the game is most likely on the line?   

I had big hopes for Brady but at this point...I'm taking a step off the Brady wagon and

waiting to see what he does.

two games now he killed the momentum of the passing game, once it got going.  

1st down...cook runs...if its half way successful we run again....

more times than not, the 1st down run starts loosing any effectiveness....if it is effective a lot times the 

2nd down run is either a no gain or we lose yardage.  (usually lose).

at this point everyone knows we have to throw on third down.

I seen one crossing route....although its hard to tell whats going on in the backfield anymore the

way the camera crews are.   but Josh is great at crossers...for so long that was our bread and butter.   

when they were doing all the slide line tap awards on gmfb knox was consistantly on it.   probably his best position 

for making catches...something we never see anymore.

take a look around the nfl today on just these early games.   explosives offenses...explosive plays.

you would this offense was designed around trubisky and not allen.  

I agree that the wrs are stepping up but I dont the routes are doing them any favors at all.   

Josh is great running to the right but its becoming a theme so much that defenses just look for a twitch and know 

exactly where he is headed and are able to T off.   

with the dophins game we looked innovative on offense...we disquised run/play options, we ran a ton of rub routes.

we had cook in a great position to be an outlet for josh if they blitzed.... 

today was mind numbing.

I can’t tell how much of that is Brady’s playcalling, or the fact that the WR core is nearly talentless and they can’t execute on anything he calls anyways. 

18 targets to WRs today and only FOUR were caught. FOUR. 

• Vomit 1
  • Sad 1

Really, has McDummy ever made the right decision or the correct adjustment or play call when it's really needed? I guess I can count on maybe one finger. And Terry Pegula will never make any changes because he's way too comfortable in this long-standing organizational structure in place where he doesn't have to do much and they've gotten to the playoffs. Insanity, we continue to do the same thing over and over again with of course, the same results!

They deserve to lose, they suck. The beat there bad teams to start the season and no way they beat the jets in New York on Monday night. Let’s see, who contributes absolutely nothing to this team. Curtis Samuel, mvs, Mack Hollins, Dawson Knox-is he even on the roster? Kincade For a first round pick. Coleman maybe one good play a game to go with rookie mistakes. This team it’s way overrated!

Edited by 4th&long

1 minute ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Those deep shots didn't work all game because either our WR doesn't make the playoffs or Allen misses it. Maybe a dump off pass to Cook, or even a 2 yard pass to anyone. Just so frustrating.

They’re sitting on those short passes. That’s why they weren’t open all game.

1 minute ago, Meatloaf63 said:

Actually it would have. They couldn’t have run the ball before the field goal.

You've got a good oline and top 10 back. You run it w Cook and Allen. You get 1 first down on the ground you go to OT. Make them use TOs. Worse comes to worse you punt w a few seconds left it's a safer punt and likely tacks on a few yards on the punt. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

3 runs in a row, at least you make them burn all timeouts, and considering run vs pass today, the odds of getting 10 yards were much better running. 

IDIOTS!!!!!

Now that the rage has worn off, I don’t think mcd had a lot of faith in Martin to hit a good punt there…I don’t think he punts it that well 9/10 times.  Three runs and a punt they very well could’ve lost still and looked even dumber not playing for the first with Houston immediately taking over in fg range 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

4 minutes ago, GuardianAngel said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone else might've noticed but didn't Allen seem a bit sick or something? When they first came out he didn't look right and as the game went on he really stopped looking right even before his head got bonked.

I mean look at the stat line, 9/30 131 yrds an 1 td is a bizarre stat line for any qb good or bad, and we know Josh is one of the best. Missing throws, making slower decisions, hesitant to run, I just feels off. 

Now of course I'm not saying that absolves the loss, even if he is sick or something it's still a terrible looking loss even if he didn't turn the ball over. And I'll admit I was one of the people who were happier with the wr room (except for MVS), and I've been super high on Shakir and I think rightly so, but after today... We need something more there. Who exactly? I don't know, but without shakir and cook this offense is dead in the water.

Actually I thought he made a lot of on target throws that this group of WR's couldn't make a play on the ball because it's a WR group of special team players, developmental rookies and practice squad guys.  Remember the ball hitting Coleman in the helmet on that read option play? 

If Allen is sick it's that unless he carries the ball himself 15 times they can't run an offense with what they have on the field.