10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

4 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

No second guessing. I hated it while it was happening. If I were the Texans or a fan of theirs I would have been thrilled with our approach after the 1st play.

3 straight runs and punt is usually gonna give the Texans a drive start in fairbairn fg range…really needed a first down there.  I don’t blame anybody at all for being pissed at it but if we went the run punt and the Texans won things would be even worse in here

a better than expected Martin punt that I’m sure mcd wasn’t expecting is skewing things a bit 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GuardianAngel said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone else might've noticed but didn't it seem like Allen seemed a bit sick or something? When they first came out he didn't look right and as the game went on he really stopped looking right even before his head got bonked.

I mean look at the stat line, 9/30 131 yrds an 1 td is a bizarre stat line for any qb good or bad, and we know Josh is one of the best. Missing throws, making slower decisions, hesitant to run, I just feels off. 

Now of course I'm not saying that absolves the loss, even if he is sick or something it's still a terrible looking loss even if he didn't turn the ball over. And I'll admit I was one of the people who were happier with the wr room (except for MVS), and I've been super high on Shakir and I think rightly so, but after today... We need something more there. Who exactly? I don't know, but without shakir and cook this offense is dead in the water.

Receivers dropped 10 passes and struggled to get separation. Allen wasn't the issue. Give him one of Chase, Jefferson, Nabers, Harrison Jr, Thomas, Metcalf, Tyreek Hill, etc and we are not having this conversation. Two weeks in a row our receivers failed to do what they are paid millions to do. Get open and catch the ball. 

Edited by ProcessImproverMan
  • Like (+1) 1

who kept calling Hollings name?..brady?..Josh?  and then after watching every hollins drop through the game u 

still go to hollins when the game is most likely on the line?   

I had big hopes for Brady but at this point...I'm taking a step off the Brady wagon and

waiting to see what he does.

two games now he killed the momentum of the passing game, once it got going.  

1st down...cook runs...if its half way successful we run again....

more times than not, the 1st down run starts loosing any effectiveness....if it is effective a lot times the 

2nd down run is either a no gain or we lose yardage.  (usually lose).

at this point everyone knows we have to throw on third down.

I seen one crossing route....although its hard to tell whats going on in the backfield anymore the

way the camera crews are.   but Josh is great at crossers...for so long that was our bread and butter.   

when they were doing all the slide line tap awards on gmfb knox was consistantly on it.   probably his best position 

for making catches...something we never see anymore.

take a look around the nfl today on just these early games.   explosives offenses...explosive plays.

you would this offense was designed around trubisky and not allen.  

I agree that the wrs are stepping up but I dont the routes are doing them any favors at all.   

Josh is great running to the right but its becoming a theme so much that defenses just look for a twitch and know 

exactly where he is headed and are able to T off.   

with the dophins game we looked innovative on offense...we disquised run/play options, we ran a ton of rub routes.

we had cook in a great position to be an outlet for josh if they blitzed.... 

today was mind numbing.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

If Hollins knew how to track a damn football we would be sitting here happy 

Exactly.   He apparently has no ability to track the ball downfield.  Maybe he needs glasses?   

• Haha (+1) 1

I mean I think people are overestimating how much time a run play takes. If you run the ball 3 Times you take a maximum of 5 seconds off the clock each time unless you break off a run. So with 3 TO's we're talking 15 seconds off the clock. They ran 16 seconds off the clock by throwing mostly because of the deep shot to Hollins. They needed to get a first down either way through throwing or running the ball. They needed to get a first down. Houston's kicker would have made that regardless of the 5 yard pass play.

• Like (+1) 1

Got absolutely shredded in the first half, an injury gave him the luxury to put more people in the box to stop the run, because in 8 years he's never been able to do it any other way. And yes the offense did fail TODAY. But if you're best outside weapon is Mack Hollins, because every year just one more DE will do the trick, despite the SCHEME being the problem, then this is bound to happen. Fire his ass

We have serious limitations personnel wise right now.  

On defense, with injuries/suspension and on offense due to front office neglect of the WR room.  

All that said.. Joe Brady is a huge problem right now.  He never seems to dial up a cute play at the right time - it’s always blown up and he is killing us with the constant first down runs. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, ProcessImproverMan said:

Receivers dropped 10 passes and struggled to get separation. Allen wasn't the issue. Give him one of Chase, Jefferson, Nabers, Harrison Jr, Thomas, Metcalf, Tyreek Hill, etc and we are not having this conversation. Two weeks in a row our receivers failed to do what they are paid millions to do. Get open and catch the ball. 

Oh I absolutely agree, the receivers absolutely let him down... I mean come on the ball bonked Keon in the head. It was more a side observation, I should've been a bit more clear on that.

Couldn’t believe Allen was in shot gun with no RB at the end.  I thought, ok, QB draw.  I would have been ok with play action pass on first down.  But three straight low percentage passes from the shot gun?  Atrocious.

Beane had a lot of bad FA WR signings. Samuel might be the worst.

Josh doesn’t look right at all, even before the concussion (I’m sorry, back spasms).  Reminds me of stretch a couple of years ago after hard hit in GB game at home.

• Agree 2