10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Billyhouseman said:

So if McDermott just ran it 3 times into the line and forced Houston to use all their timeouts, you'd at the very least gain 3 to 5 yards, have a better punt, and Houston wouldn't of been able to do that dump pass to get closer....how's this not a fireable offense???

They still could have ran a play.

3 minutes ago, DuckyBoys said:

He's figured out job security  Go for good not great They said they aimed for long term sustainability and we are  the bridesmaid each year  Beat up on door mats maybe win 1 or 2 games against decent opponents and come up short in playoffs  He nailed QB1 rest is meh in 6 drafts

Ahh, you mean the Mike Tomlin.

2 minutes ago, Freak-O said:

I find it adorable that grown ups get so upset about an away loss to a good team when the Bills still lead the division. Sure, losing sucks but it’s not the end of the world. Losing a playoff game ends the season and justifies some outbursts, but a regular season loss?

The season is alive and well and this is not the time of the year we should peak. 

They lead the division because the division is almost certainly the weakest in the NFL. They'll win the division at 9-7 or maybe even 10-6, but if 5 or 6 of the wins are against the East it means almost nothing in the playoffs.

12 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

What were they supposed to do given that running would have also resulted in a punt to midfield or worse vs a kicker who can make 65 yarders? Need to get a first there.

The particular pass play calls were stupid. And there is no problem running on at least two of those plays to force them to burn timeouts at the very least. Play action would have been useful as well. Just a crap fest by Brady. 

1 minute ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And at their worst the Chiefs haven't fielded a WR group as bad as this one.  With Shakir out that is a practice squad group.  I'm hoping Coleman will develop but Samuel looks like a bust like Harty & Sherfield.

That’s right, they haven’t. Their Defense, OL and coaching are superior to Buffalo’s as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GuardianAngel said:

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone else might've noticed but didn't it seem like Allen seemed a bit sick or something? When they first came out he didn't look right and as the game went on he really stopped looking right even before his head got bonked.

I mean look at the stat line, 9/30 131 yrds an 1 td is a bizarre stat line for any qb good or bad, and we know Josh is one of the best. Missing throws, making slower decisions, hesitant to run, I just feels off. 

Now of course I'm not saying that absolves the loss, even if he is sick or something it's still a terrible looking loss even if he didn't turn the ball over. And I'll admit I was one of the people who were happier with the wr room (except for MVS), and I've been super high on Shakir and I think rightly so, but after today... We need something more there. Who exactly? I don't know, but without shakir and cook this offense is dead in the water.

he looked lost all game. his eyes didn't have the same focus. he knew there was nothing for him.

god i already miss the days when he'd throw interceptions and >300 yards.