10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

12 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

They had to play to get 10 yards. A first down gets you to OT. 

And what was our avg YPC running it?  We have been better in the ground than in the air all game.  I love our coaching staff, today they let everyone down with that sequence.  

It's alright.  We can rebound. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

They will make the playoffs if the Dolphins don't get hot when Tua gets back.

That said, when they run into a team like Baltimore, KC, or Cinci who know who they are it will be over and over ugly.

Don't look now, but Cincinnati is 1-4. That is a heck of a hole to dig out of. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Iverwig said:

And a GM. Watch the Chiefs get the receiver they need while the Bills continue trot this trash out on the field. 

And at their worst the Chiefs haven't fielded a WR group as bad as this one.  With Shakir out that is a practice squad group.  I'm hoping Coleman will develop but Samuel looks like a bust like Harty & Sherfield.

10 minutes ago, Madmax09 said:

Let’s just call what it is. It took three games for the defenses to catch up Joe Brady. We don’t have enough talent around Josh Allen to attack defenses when we are figured out. Wide receivers give zero separation.  And yet again it looks like another year of wasted talent of Josh Allen. 

This pretty much sums it up. A few weeks of gamefilm and most DCs can stop this low octane passing attack. 

3 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

You run the ball three straight times.  Hell maybe you pick up the first down.  You likely gain at least a couple of yards.  They use all 3 TO's and all you have to do to force OT is protect the boundary. Given the almost total lack of talent at the WR position even getting a first down with 3 straight passes was a long shot.

Like I said before I was agnostic about McD but this was so bad that combined with his failure to challenge the Kincaid catch I'm done.  The Bills could do better, a lot better.

Total lack of talent at the Texans WR position???

2 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Press conference is pretty much Allen blaming himself for the game. He had a rough game but man the entire offense sucks right now.

What’s crazy is that I think Allen had a concussion and was still playing 

Just now, oldmanfan said:

How with them having 3TOs?

So if McDermott just ran it 3 times into the line and forced Houston to use all their timeouts, you'd at the very least gain 3 to 5 yards, have a better punt, and Houston wouldn't of been able to do that dump pass to get closer....how's this not a fireable offense???

• Agree 1

I don't know if this has been mentioned or if anyone else might've noticed but didn't Allen seem a bit sick or something? When they first came out he didn't look right and as the game went on he really stopped looking right even before his head got bonked.

I mean look at the stat line, 9/30 131 yrds an 1 td is a bizarre stat line for any qb good or bad, and we know Josh is one of the best. Missing throws, making slower decisions, hesitant to run, I just feels off. 

Now of course I'm not saying that absolves the loss, even if he is sick or something it's still a terrible looking loss even if he didn't turn the ball over. And I'll admit I was one of the people who were happier with the wr room (except for MVS), and I've been super high on Shakir and I think rightly so, but after today... We need something more there. Who exactly? I don't know, but without shakir and cook this offense is dead in the water.

Edited by GuardianAngel