10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

You run the ball three straight times.  Hell maybe you pick up the first down.  You likely gain at least a couple of yards.  They use all 3 TO's and all you have to do to force OT is protect the boundary. Given the almost total lack of talent at the WR position even getting a first down with 3 straight passes was a long shot.

Like I said before I was agnostic about McD but this was so bad that combined with his failure to challenge the Kincaid catch I'm done.  The Bills could do better, a lot better.

You do know we have a former ref in the booth looking at replay calls, right?

1 minute ago, dgrochester55 said:

I think that they get in the playoffs, only because the rest of the AFC east is atrocious and eight or nine wins might be enough. Make no mistake though, this is a rebuilding year.  This team is like the squads from 2014-2018 where they will beat up on mediocre teams but crumble against the top ones.

They will make the playoffs if the Dolphins don't get hot when Tua gets back.

That said, when they run into a team like Baltimore, KC, or Cinci who know who they are it will be over and over ugly.

• Like (+1) 1

I find it adorable that grown ups get so upset about an away loss to a good team when the Bills still lead the division. Sure, losing sucks but it’s not the end of the world. Losing a playoff game ends the season and justifies some outbursts, but a regular season loss?

The season is alive and well and this is not the time of the year we should peak. 

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, BillMafia716ix said:

Blame McDermott all you want. The franchise QB needs to get you a first down in that situation. 

The team takes on the persona of their coach, and McDermott — who is a stand up human being — is a cream puff of a football coach. 

He and Brady did nothing to help Allen all game, other than run Cook. That’s it’s. They have no answers, no toughness. 

• Agree 1

9 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

He turned this pathetic bunch of third string defenders around to bring us back into the game. 

His scheme is 3rd string, the players aren't even relevant. Unless he hit nico Collins with a crowbar, he did nothing 

2 minutes ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He has one of the best passers of the football ever, and consistently we see throws at or around the LOS, it’s maddening… literally, it’s like playing somebody in madden who has three or four plays that work and once you figure them out… well they usually just “rage quit”, but that was more of a Dorsey thing.

Kind of like Mahomes many games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

You just don’t like the result.  Second guessing every little thing is exhausting to read on this board.  You could slice it a bunch of different ways….but no matter what if you lose the pitchforks are out.  Should have zigged when they zagged.  The only stategy there you can argue is three runs to burn all three punt and hope they don’t get an attempt.  They went for it to give them a better chance to get to ot.  I’m out.  

No second guessing. I hated it while it was happening. If I were the Texans or a fan of theirs I would have been thrilled with our approach after the 1st play.

• Agree 1

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

They need to figure themselves out on offense. As long as they do it & are peaking by the playoffs. We just need to figure it out & get into the post season.

Yeah that's true. The door is wide open for playoff football this year. Getting it right at the right time could be the dealbreaker.

But you can't win a Superbowl with that kind of timid playcallling. It's just too small time. I worry the character for improvement might not be there. 

• Agree 1

If we run that same sequence going toward the half you would run a feeler play on first and if it's not working you'd run the clock and go into half time.  I'm not sure why that would change if you are looking at overtime.  We weren't remotely close to scoring so we had more damage to do than good by passing 3 times.  Maybe first down but after that get any yardage you can and run some clock and don't lose the game before you even get to OT.  Not saying we win but it should have gone to OT.

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillMafia716ix said:

Blame McDermott all you want. The franchise QB needs to get you a first down in that situation. 

How?  your best play call is a 50/50 back shoulder fade as your drive starter?  No talent  They did it again outdoing the John Brown / Beasley juggernaut

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

I think the right approach would have been a mix of running plays and high percentage passing plays to try to get the first down. Not whatever the heck they did.

Yeah same. I am just sick of incompetence from this team. Losing today is not the bad part...like last week it's how they lost. Just bad all around. 

• Agree 2