10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

3 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Ok. The coaches were awesome today! That better? God forbid people be honest about this joke of a staff. You are wrong. It was the wrong approach and it cost them the game. And we the fans suffer because the players don't care. They all pray together after games and slap hands. These failures are on OUR shoulders and it's pathetic.

I think the right approach would have been a mix of running plays and high percentage passing plays to try to get the first down. Not whatever the heck they did.

• Agree 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

Ok geniuses, you can’t just kneel down at the end because they had 3 time outs.  We would have punted with a helluva lot more time on the clock then they wound up getting.  

You run the ball three straight times.  Hell maybe you pick up the first down.  You likely gain at least a couple of yards.  They use all 3 TO's and all you have to do to force OT is protect the boundary. Given the almost total lack of talent at the WR position even getting a first down with 3 straight passes was a long shot.

Like I said before I was agnostic about McD but this was so bad that combined with his failure to challenge the Kincaid catch I'm done.  The Bills could do better, a lot better.

• Agree 1

Just now, saundena said:

What is wrong with the online too?

Broken record. You can’t just line up shotgun and drop back and throw 

you have to be able to

get under center and play action. And run draws. Rb screens. And attack all parts of the field. You know like the middle of the field. 

They’re just max protecting / and messing up rush / blitz assignments. It’s tiring to watch 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, White Linen said:

The Chiefs pull this exact game out.  The difference is coaching.  

And a GM. Watch the Chiefs get the receiver they need while the Bills continue trot this trash out on the field. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Allen sucked today and I'm not arguing with dumb people today.  Go touch grass

You clearly didnt watch the game and see receivers dropping passes and not getting separation..........And Allen lacking clean pockets most the game.

Burrow just lit up the Ravens defense because he has Chase go off for 10 catches, close to 200 yards, and two tds due to being wide open on numerous plays......Separation our guys do not get for two weeks now (was at the Ravens game where they also smothered our receivers)

Watch our receivers and compare the separation theyve gotten compared to teams like the Bengals with Chase, Vikings with Jefferson, etc.............watch film of the last two games closely and if you think Allen is the issue.......well you dont know ball. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, CincyBillsFan said:

I wouldn't have been mad.  When they downed the ball at the 4 there was no realistic chance they could get into FG range.  In fact there was more of a chance that the Bills would hold while Allen was in the end zone and lose the game on a safety.

Run three straight times and you almost guarantee OT.

This all gets pretty hindsighty…it was definitely bad for sure but idk if it was egregiously bad.  If you know the punt/return is gonna end where it did then yea you obviously run three times and punt.  There was a very good chance that three runs and a punt would’ve given Houston a drive start in fg range already though

people assuming we would’ve picked up 3-6 yards in an obvious rushing situation like that I think are reaching a little bit.  Very good chance you go backwards there 

Just now, DapperCam said:

I think the right approach would have been a mix of running plays and high percentage passing plays to try to get the first down. Not whatever the heck they did.

we have no high percentage passing plays. 

Just now, Returntoglory said:

No...NO!

I was eviscerated the other day in my post about Beane letting Josh down with not finding a suitable replacement for Josh. 

We're fine in our WR room, just ask all the Homer's. 

It's clear the receiving crew is mediocre at the very best. Coleman has promise but he certainly isn't a #1 receiver at this point. The rest of them are useless.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Returntoglory said:

No...NO!

I was eviscerated the other day in my post about Beane letting Josh down with not finding a suitable replacement for Josh. 

We're fine in our WR room, just ask all the Homer's. 

Letting Josh down LOL.  How about Josh does anything whatsoever at any point in the game?

• Eyeroll 1

Just now, ProcessImproverMan said:

You clearly didnt watch the game and see receivers dropping passes and not getting separation..........And Allen lacking clean pockets most the game.

Burrow just lit up the Ravens defense because he has Chase go off for 10 catches, close to 200 yards, and two tds due to being wide open on numerous plays......Separation our guys do not get for two weeks now (was at the Ravens game where they also smothered our receivers)

Watch our receivers and compare the separation theyve gotten compared to teams like the Bengals with Chase, Vikings with Jefferson, etc.............watch film of the last two games closely and if you think Allen is the issue.......well you dont know ball. 

Shhhhhhhhh

Just now, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

He has one of the best passers of the football ever, and consistently we see throws at or around the LOS, it’s maddening… literally, it’s like playing somebody in madden who has three or four plays that work and once you figure them out… well they usually just “rage quit”, but that was more of a Dorsey thing.

I still think this is the offense McD wants because it runs the clock to preserve the defense. I agree, it’s ridiculous, it negates your best player. 

2 minutes ago, Low Positive said:

Didn't you hear? He's practicing responsible cap management. It feels like he cares more about the cap situation and draft picks than actually winning football games.

He's figured out job security  Go for good not great They said they aimed for long term sustainability and we are  the bridesmaid each year  Beat up on door mats maybe win 1 or 2 games against decent opponents and come up short in playoffs  He nailed QB1 rest is meh in 6 drafts