10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

9 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Yes, then they don't have that time out for the quick throw and time out at the end. It was an egregious blunder by the coaches

While I agree, I think their kicker makes that even without the 5 yards they gained at the end. He launched that.

2 minutes ago, Johnnycage46 said:

Maybe...but what we ended up doing was really dumb.

You just don’t like the result.  Second guessing every little thing is exhausting to read on this board.  You could slice it a bunch of different ways….but no matter what if you lose the pitchforks are out.  Should have zigged when they zagged.  The only stategy there you can argue is three runs to burn all three punt and hope they don’t get an attempt.  They went for it to give them a better chance to get to ot.  I’m out.  

1 minute ago, gtw3 said:

I am typically a defender of McDermott, but you can't defend the decisions at the end of this game.  He is going to face heavy criticism all week and he deserves it.

The defense really stepped up in the second half and made game-changing plays.

I hope everything is OK with Josh.

He should have realized Allen took the week off and wasn’t going to hit a single pass.

• Vomit 1

1 minute ago, Nelius said:

It’s really just this. This impacts everything.

Mack Hollins everyone. Serious credit to him for shouldering the load but it’s really on par with the  David Nelson days.

Slow F-list performers that can’t get open impact the entire offense. Some pointed this out 9 months ago.

No...NO!

I was eviscerated the other day in my post about Beane letting Josh down with not finding a suitable replacement for Josh. 

We're fine in our WR room, just ask all the Homer's. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Pass play in first down. What are we thinking…

No way we run in 2nd…huh

Third down they cannot be that stupid to throw again. What in the blank are they thinking. 

Like it would have mattered. Fairbairn can hit from 60 plus. Our only prayer was getting a first down and forcing OT. Had they run 3 straight times, people would be saying McD was gutless when the Texans still drilled the game winning field goal.

Edited by buffblue
  • Agree 1

10 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

10%?  How about 1%.  What were they thinking?

So today McD doesn't challenge the Kincaid catch along the sideline and then whatever the hell that was at the end of the game.  How long are we going to put up with this crap?

The idiot called a timeout to think about the 3rd down play and not to not allow Trubisky to run a play.  He panics and the issue is getting worse.  Now he's got the end of game coaching yips.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Boatdrinks said:

Probably will. Regardless, this just isn’t a playoff team right now. 

1 minute ago, thenorthremembers said:

It doesn't matter.  They aren't a Super Bowl contender.  Way too many holes.  

I think that they get in the playoffs, only because the rest of the AFC east is atrocious and eight or nine wins might be enough. Make no mistake though, this is a rebuilding year.  This team is like the squads from 2014-2018 where they will beat up on mediocre teams but crumble against the top ones.

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

oh this excuse again.  no other team with injuries in the nfl. 

Sorry - you’re wrong. Yeah, there are injuries, but our #1 WR and #1 DE and #1 nickel corner and #1 A/B LB were out. 

Stop being scared, it’s not a good look. With them in, we win. Period. 

Brady’s offense relies on lots of short plays and runs inside until a WR slips deep when the defense moves in.  The reality is the bills don’t have great deep threats at WR and Allen has never been great at throwing the deep ball.  No his strength is midfield and zip passes.  But that’s not what Brady is calling.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Dan said:

Joe Brady’s offense has been figured out.  He needs to seriously self scout and figure something out.   2 weeks in a row… the defenses have been all over our offense.  Free blitzers on Josh on nearly every drop back.  No play action.  The offense has been figured out. 

He has one of the best passers of the football ever, and consistently we see throws at or around the LOS, it’s maddening… literally, it’s like playing somebody in madden who has three or four plays that work and once you figure them out… well they usually just “rage quit”, but that was more of a Dorsey thing.

• Agree 3