10/6/2024 - Bills at Texans post game thread.

BuffaloBill

Just now, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

Everyone would’ve been mad we didn’t take one shot but once we took the shot and got an opi we were pretty much forced into that 

I wouldn't have been mad.  When they downed the ball at the 4 there was no realistic chance they could get into FG range.  In fact there was more of a chance that the Bills would hold while Allen was in the end zone and lose the game on a safety.

Run three straight times and you almost guarantee OT.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Something overall wrong with the offense.

Brady started well, offense has struggled tho last 2 weeks.  Lots of blame to pass around.

We have zero creativity right now.  Zero screen game to RBs.  Combo of some mistakes across the board.

I think any decent defense can figure out a running/short passing scheme that’s very predictable. Allen running and the defensive dominating made Brady look good last year. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Yobogoya! said:

Until Allen has the benefit of two all-world coordinators like Mahomes does, it’s just not a conversation worth having. 

Allen is literally carrying this coaching staff to any semblance of relevancy. 

Na, Allen is not the same the past few weeks.  The season is over

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KOKBILLS said:

Those 2nd half late offensive possessions were brutal... It's like they were trying to run the freaking clock out... If we have to stay that balanced then Josh is not the QB I think he is... That was so bad...

It was weird, almost like they were afraid to let Josh throw.  I can't figure out why they call the plays they do.  

I was one that thought the low risk, grab a few low key options and see who steps up strategy might work, but I see today that it hasn't. I understand the risk since we needed to clear cap space, but they took the risk on the wrong players and it didn't work out. Hollins will never be more than a #4 WR and Samuel is invisible. Buffalo needs to trade for a WR and comb the practice squad for someone who better fits the system. Samuel and Hollins are Sherfield and Harty 2.0.

Outside of Shakir and Coleman at WR, everyone is immediately replaceable.

Edited by dgrochester55